E-Bay Strike Feb 18-25 making national news

WTF????

I can't believe that! Oh I would be so pissed if I were still selling. They're insane! They hold the money for 20 days?!?! And you still have to send it to the person? You can't leave negative feedback? Are they out of their minds?
I'd be on strike too. I'd probably leave.
I think they know that you guys have built up your ratings and so in a way it's hard to start over at a new site. They think they have you by the cahones.
That is just the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I'm glad that I got out when I did.
So what other sites are people moving to now?
And yeah, I was trying to sell polymer clay beads on there. At first back in about 03 or 04 I did Ok. Then I tried again in 06 and it was just impossible! People really do want something for nothing. They wanted me to sell my beads for less than what I paid for the actual clay.
And people just ask the weirdest questions. I did have better luck selling clothes on there, but with all these changes I wouldn't do it anymore through ebay. damn.

Well, Thanks Bennylava! Someone on here who actually understands...Besure to look at my latest numbers comming right up. People are going to all the other sites. There doesn't seem to be any one that is doing any better than the other. They are all going up.

Ebay listing numbers as of Feb 20 at 8 pm my time...

Was 14,611,536

Now 14,092,226

listings down another 519,310

Total listings dropped since Feb 17 =1,423,286

The "FUZZY" math is 1,423,286 X $.90 per listing = $1,280,957 we have taken out of the pocket of the greedy bastards at ebay!

"YAR" Captain...Looks like the ship sprung a leak!!! Whats that I smell in the air? Smells kinda like an ebay squash...AAAH, and it smells victoriously good!!!!

I just love this part...Newest ebay listings update as of Feb 20 at 10 pm my time...

Was 14,092,226

Now 13,826,443

Ebay listings down another 265,783

Total ebay listings down since Feb 17 at 4 pm = 1,689,069

The "FUZZY" math comes out to...1,689,069 X $.90 per listing = $1,537,053 we have taken out of the pockets of the dirty bastards at ebay!!!

Looks like the Boycott is moving right along. So...Mr Shogun and Mr. Shattered...I bet you did not think this would happen. I have made some pie, hope you like it humble and would you like that crow hot or cold? I hear its better hot, slides down easier.
Cherp, Cherp,,,Cherp, cherp? We will have 2 million by tomorrow.

Im still not that impressed with your numbers even if I rounded them up.

Maybe you should wait to do the celebratory chicken dance.

FEB 21/ 8 AM my time

Latest listings drop for ebay...

Was 13,826,443

Now 12,940,303

Drop of 886,140

Total drop since Feb 17 at 4 pm = 2,575,209

"FUZZY" math = 2,575,209 X $.90 per listing = $ 2,317,688 we have taken out of the pockets of the greedy bastards at FEE BAY (E-bay)

...uh, how does that number compare to how much money they WILL be bringing in today?

Sorry dude, but I'm doin the chicken dance...Kinda looks like the overwaited pee-pee dance but ohwell...C A U S E.....

They're goin down...down, down, down, down, down...We shoverd their head up their ass...and this time they're really goin down... They're goin down...down, down, down, down, down!!!!!!!!!

C-Mon dude, you gotta admit you didn't think this "Silly" little boycott would do anything. That it was just "NOISE".

Well, not only have we gone over to their fox hole and slapped them in the face, we have also kicked them in the teath!

I will make another prediction as well. I believe that by tuesday of next week, ebay stock is through the floor.

hehehehe..

well, you've still got a few days until march so.. lay off the jabs and give em an uppercut.. if you can.

:razz:

C-Mon dude, you gotta admit you didn't think this "Silly" little boycott would do anything. That it was just "NOISE".

Well, not only have we gone over to their fox hole and slapped them in the face, we have also kicked them in the teath!

I will make another prediction as well. I believe that by tuesday of next week, ebay stock is through the floor.

Actually Ithink it's good that the people are standing together, I wish the figures would show from where......................and in actuality totally crashing ebay will do what.......................I like the concept...........but don't like where they are going either..............the turds didn't have to ruin it, it does help many people that really need it.:rolleyes: :eusa_eh:

New listing stats. Feb 21 as of 10 AM my time...

Was 12,940,303

Now 12,407,716

Now down another 532,582

for a total since Feb 17 of 3,107,791

"FUZZY" math is 3,107,791 X $.90 per listing = $2,797,012 we have taken out of the pockets of the greedy bastards at ebay!

New listing stats. Feb 21 as of 10 AM my time...

Was 12,940,303

Now 12,407,716

Now down another 532,582

for a total since Feb 17 of 3,107,791

"FUZZY" math is 3,107,791 X $.90 per listing = $2,797,012 we have taken out of the pockets of the greedy bastards at ebay!

ill repeat, how does this compare to the money that they WILL bring in today?

Oh never mind.

I just don't get why ebay would want to do this. Maybe they're trying to thin the herd for some reason.

I can give you a bunch of reasons why they did this...

1. GREED. They don't see real people sitting at their comps. all day and trying to support a family. All they see is big dollar signs and computer generated numbers on paper.

2. GREED AND STUPIDITY. Meg turned it over to the new CEO JOhn with an automatic 900,000 dollar a year sallary. He was a young punk that wanted more money and doesn't care about anyone but himself...Greedy bastard!

3. They don't give a damn. Their customer service sucks worse than any other customer service anywhere on the planet. If you do get ahold of a real person, they are stupid children who read off of a sheet of paper canned answers that don't coincide with the question you ask. If you ask it again you will get the sae canned answer. They can't think for themselves and have no authority to do anything about your account or other accounts. If you ask for a manager or a superior, they might come on the phone if you are really really lucky, then you will just get them to read the same answer off of the same sheet of paper. Forget even trying to call ebay if you are not a POWER SELLER, they won't even pick up the phone. If you hang up after all their runaround bullshit and try to call them back with another problem or question within 24 hours they will just let it ring and ring and ring and not answer at all.

4. Selfish, self centered, self seeking. Oh hell, I'm just going to stop before I blow a blood vessel. No store on the face of this planet could stay in business if they had the policies and customer service that FEE-PAY has. If you or anyone walked into a brick and mortar store and were treated like they treat you at ebay, you would leave and never come back.

ill repeat, how does this compare to the money that they WILL bring in today?

I wil agree with you that they are still making tons of money...no doubt. but they/he are/is greedy bastards. and I'm sure that loosing one penny is making the veins on his neck stand out.

The point you make is very valid, however we are slowly tearing down the walls and when we are done with that we can start chipping away at the foundation.

I hope it completly falls through the floor and dies. I hope ebay is just something people talk about in a couple years as in..Hey, you remember that thing called ebay?...Like, Hey, you remember the pocket fisherman?

If/When this works and Ebay totally falls on its face and lays down and dies and is no more, do you think I won't use this example of how people united in numbers can change things to rally people everywhere I can think of to change our Govt. and try for a march on washington to take back our country and indict, try, and convict and sentence the Bush Cheny crime family?

Though I do have a dog in THIS race...I have much bigger plans!!! At some point, someone needs to drive up to the Holy Owl in the woods, tie a rope around its neck and yank it down just like the statue of Sadam and drag it across the stream and film it and send the video to washington with a note that reads...This is what the American public thinks about your precious holy owl and what you have done to America. I am not a Islamic extremist or have any ties or any of that stuff. I would never never do such a thing and I am a true blue American and love this country. I just hate what Our stupid leaders have done to this country and are doing to our country. I also think the stupid precious holy owl in the woods is a discracful image to send about our leaders and our country. Just the fact that no one has torn that stupid owl down yet says alot about the brainwashing we have all undergone. What do you think Abe or John or anyone back in time up to about 1900 would have done had they found out there were a bunch of rich greedy bastards in the woods worshiping Moloc?...I can tell you what they would have done...They would have hooked a team of horses up to it, burnt down the forest it was in and captured those responsable and horse drug them then hung them! Maybe even draw and quarter!!! TEAR DOWN THE OWL, TEAR DOWN THE OWL, TEAR DOWN THE OWL!!! SEND MOLOC TO HELL, SEND MOLOC TO HELL, SEND MOLOC TO HELL!!!

Here is something "SOMEONE"wrote that I agree with.

ebay will never change for the same reason third world dictators don't change until the day they die. ebay is a corporate terrorist and the people running it have no moral values. What would you expect from complete sociopaths? ebay must be executed as any third world dictator who commits crimes against humanity! We have just as much to fear from corporate terrorist such as ebay as religious ones. Corporate terrorists like ebay control how your tax money is spent by controlling how your politicans vote, they control the food you eat, the tv you watch, the music you listen to, the wars we engage in, and so on. Osama has no way near this power.

Disclaimer...*** I do not agree with the execute part of this except in a hypothetical metaphore concerning the company as a whole. Not any individual or anything like that.

DAMN>>>It is getting harder and harder to type or speak without putting all kinds of disclaimers to not sound like a "TERRORIST" Thanks to good old bush and the patriot act.

They sound like they're on crack. Seriously.
Oh well they were getting too big for their britches anyway. Time to move on to another auction site! I did have a shop up at etsy but never did anything with it. At least the people there are actually shopping for artsy handmade items and know the value of those things.
Where are you moving your sales to?

Umm.. Of your numbers, how many of those are auctions that ended as scheduled, vs. auctions you *believe* were pulled?

Fact: You didn't really do anything to phase eBay in the least. They still close billions of auctions a day, and they still start billions of auctions a day.

Umm.. Of your numbers, how many of those are auctions that ended as scheduled, vs. auctions you *believe* were pulled?

Fact: You didn't really do anything to phase eBay in the least. They still close billions of auctions a day, and they still start billions of auctions a day.

OK-OK-OK...You and Shogun win! I admit defeat and you were both right, we did not make any difference at all. Damn it we tried hard though. We/some sellers gave it everything we had to try and make a difference. What is happening now is what is being dubbed kamakazi bidders. They are bidding on lots of stuff/buy it now, and imediatly leaving neg. feedback. We saw that one comming which is one of the reasons we did the strike.

So...Here it is...

I humbly bow to your infinite wisdom and our silly little strike did no good at all! Man, that sucks!!! So suck it up and I will be expecting the "I told you so's". I fully admit defeat...We have been defeated! In fact, all we managed to do is take money out of our own pockets! I hope this makes you both very happy that the little guy lost and goliath won.

You gotta give us some credit for trying to stand up to corperate America and the big Tyrannical machine...I mean, we really did try. I would have much rather gone down swinging then just gone down. They are still cooking their books and have made it impossible for sellers to conduct business in any kind of a positive way. There may still be reprocusions from their policy change and time will tell on that.

They are calling for a second week of boycott but I really doubt that will go anywhere...People are hungry and have car payments to make!

There is a small possibility that ebay will slowly self destruct...They have many law suits against them some are class action. Once their new policy changes take effect people will realize ebay really sucks and isn't worth listing there anymore but that will be later on down the road like May or June.

feel free to relish in our defeat. Feel free to gloat and rub my nose in it. Feel free to make any part of this sticky. Just remember this wasn't just a loss for sellers on ebay, this was another defeat for humanity in America and really, we all lost. We failed to blow up the death star and now Corperate America and all its self serving and monolopy bullshit marches on devouring more of us in its wake. This was a real defeat for the rebel forces and a real win for Darth and the storm troopers.

Forum List

Back