Eagles or Patriots (Team of New Millennium)?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The Philadelphia Eagles and the New England Patriots are two NFL teams with incredible fanfare, and since the new millennium, both teams have enjoyed handsome successes comparable to each other.

True, Tom Brady's indomitable New England Patriots are really the 'standard-bearer' for continued successes in an era, having won a whopping 7 AFC Championships and 5 Super Bowls since 2000, but the Philadelphia Eagles have steadily (and rather quietly) won 8 division-titles (NFC East) and have appeared in a whopping 6 NFC Championships since 2000(!).

If Brady's 'Metal Machine' Patriots are the Super Bowl team of the new millennium, then the 'Working-Man' Eagles (with varied hard-working QBs such as Donovan McNabb and Carson Wentz!) are the Underdog Team of the new millennium (without doubt).

This year, the Eagles and Patriots are both (once again) in the NFC and AFC championship games and may (once again) square off in the Super Bowl. The Eagles and Patriots faced each other in Super Bowl 39 (2004), when the Patriots won 24-21 (despite late-game pushes by the Eagles).

The reason people don't want to call Brady's Patriots the 'Super Bowl Team of the New Millennium' is because the Patriots are so monotonously predictable and machine-like when they're very very tough. The reason people don't want to call the Eagles the 'Underdog Team of the New Millennium' is because when they lose, it really can be too heart-breaking and even unbearable to watch and cheer!

Nevertheless, I can't see these titles going to any other two teams in the NFL, can you?

====

MCNABB: I like the Eagles' chances this year...
BRADY: Who knows, maybe you'll finally win a Super Bowl!
MCNABB: Don't get smug, Brady, just because the Pats are Goliath.
BRADY: I suppose that makes the Eagles 'David,' eh?
MCNABB: Hey, why not?
BRADY: We'll see, McNabb...
MCNABB: If the Eagles win Super Bowl 52, I you owe me a steak.
BRADY: To make up for Super Bowl 39 (21-24), haha, alright!
MCNABB: Every dog has its day!
BRADY: I compare the Eagles to the Georgetown Hoyas.
MCNABB: I compare the Patriots to the UCLA Bruins.
BRADY: I think there's a ghost in the Georgetown library (ready to spook you).
MCNABB: Very funny...

====

nfl.jpg

The Pat and the Eagles are not even in the same legue literally and figuratively.
The Eagles do not even compare to the success of the Pats.

Forum List

Back