Earths ozone hole smallest since 1988!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
https://www.yahoo.com/news/earths-ozone-hole-shrivels-smallest-since-1988-232827571.html

More bad news for the AGW k00ks.......year after year, the established narrative becomes more and more diluted. These bozo's cant get anything right.:2up:

Sea levels falling. Poles gaining ice. Glaciers expanding. No temperature rise since 1998. I'll let my skeptic compadre's add to this list, but lets face it......if youre a warmist in 2017, your clock is getting cleaned.:deal::eusa_dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/earths-ozone-hole-shrivels-smallest-since-1988-232827571.html

More bad news for the AGW k00ks.......year after year, the established narrative becomes more and more diluted. These bozo's cant get anything right.:2up:

Sea levels falling. Poles gaining ice. Glaciers expanding. No temperature rise since 1998. I'll let my skeptic compadre's add to this list, but lets face it......if youre a warmist in 2017, you clock is getting cleaned.:deal::eusa_dance:
But I was told it would take centuries to heal from all of the damage mankind inflicted!

Sea levels falling. Poles gaining ice. Glaciers expanding. No temperature rise since 1998. I'll let my skeptic compadre's add to this list, but lets face it......if youre a warmist in 2017, you clock is getting cleaned.:deal::eusa_dance:
But I was told it would take centuries to heal from all of the damage mankind inflicted!

I heard it was unrecoverable.

The ozone hole is supposed to shrink, that is what the treaty on the chemicals that destroy the ozone was all about.

Paul Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, said stormy conditions in the upper atmosphere warmed the air and kept chemicals chlorine and bromine from eating ozone. He said scientists haven't quite figured out why some years are stormier — and have smaller ozone holes — than others.

"It's really small this year. That's a good thing," Newman said.

Newman said this year's drop is mostly natural but is on top of a trend of smaller steady improvements likely from the banning of ozone-eating chemicals in a 1987 international treaty. The ozone hole hit its highest in 2000 at 11.5 million square miles (29.86 million square kilometres).

Earth's ozone hole shrivels to smallest since 1988

And the alpine glaciers continue to recede, sea level continues to rise, the poles continue to lose ice. And we have just had 10 months that vindicate the predictions of extreme weather and precipitation events. Lie all you want, the people are seeing that the models were correct.

The "models" are useless in predicting future climate. Useless. Its not even debatable >>>

http://behindtheblack.com/behind-the-black/essays-and-commentaries/the-models-are-wrong/

Oh........and the whole linking of extreme weather to climate change is the biggest hoax ever devised. Speak to any meteorologist about the recent hurricanes..........zero linkage to climate change. There is zero scientific proof of climate change/extreme weather but billions of volumes of history of what drives hurricane activity and hurricane size: its called weather patterns. duh

Last edited:
I just had a person tell me that the increasing O-zone layer doesn't affect climate.. I just posted up the fact that solar panel output reduced 18% in three years as the ozone level increased and aerosols decreased in the atmosphere above Australia..

Particulate matter was decreasing so we should have seen and increase in output but we saw exactly the opposite effect due to O-Zone layer increase.

If you do a simple calculation on the conversion factor the loss is about 2.7w^m2. This all by itself would lead to hemispheric cooling of about 1-2 deg C.

Decreased solar output allows increased collections of O-Zone which also decreases the amount of energy making it to the surface. Just one more simple thing that shows why all modeling fails.

The ozone hole is supposed to shrink, that is what the treaty on the chemicals that destroy the ozone was all about.

Paul Newman, chief Earth scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, said stormy conditions in the upper atmosphere warmed the air and kept chemicals chlorine and bromine from eating ozone. He said scientists haven't quite figured out why some years are stormier — and have smaller ozone holes — than others.

"It's really small this year. That's a good thing," Newman said.

Newman said this year's drop is mostly natural but is on top of a trend of smaller steady improvements likely from the banning of ozone-eating chemicals in a 1987 international treaty. The ozone hole hit its highest in 2000 at 11.5 million square miles (29.86 million square kilometres).

Earth's ozone hole shrivels to smallest since 1988

And the alpine glaciers continue to recede, sea level continues to rise, the poles continue to lose ice. And we have just had 10 months that vindicate the predictions of extreme weather and precipitation events. Lie all you want, the people are seeing that the models were correct.
The ozone hole was first discovered in 1985 - BECAUSE WE LACKED THE EQUIPMENT TO EVER SEE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, DUFUS.

Sea levels falling. Poles gaining ice. Glaciers expanding. No temperature rise since 1998. I'll let my skeptic compadre's add to this list, but lets face it......if youre a warmist in 2017, your clock is getting cleaned.:deal::eusa_dance:
"
Earths ozone hole smallest since 1988!!"

Thanks to environmentalists and scientists, and in spite of cackling fools like you.

"

Thanks to environmentalists and scientists, and in spite of cackling fools like you.

You idiot.....:spinner:....the EPA was started by Richard Nixon.

Dang..........some people in here really need to return to posting stuff up on People.com!!:bye1:

"

Dang..........some people in here really need to return to posting stuff up on People.com!!:bye1:

The EPA is not responsible for the smaller ozone hole... the world ban on CFCs is... and, even if the EPA were responsible, it would have been scientists and environmentalists that provided all of the actual knowledge. So....

"

The EPA is not responsible for the smaller ozone hole... the world ban on CFCs is... and, even if the EPA were responsible, it would have been scientists and environmentalists that provided all of the actual knowledge. So....

Hey.........that's an idea s0n. Maybe time to ban the EPA since its not doing dick to reduce pollution!!:rock::rock:

Forum List

Back