Ebola 'could Become Airborne': United Nations Warns Of 'nightmare Scenario'

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
It truly shocks me that the libturds in this forum are so confident that the epidemic can't spread to the United States:

Ebola could become airborne United Nations warns of nightmare scenario as virus spreads to the US - Telegraph

Exclusive: Anthony Banbury, chief of the UN's Ebola mission, says there is a chance the deadly virus could mutate to become infectious through the air. There is a ā€˜nightmareā€™ chance that the Ebola virus could become airborne if the epidemic is not brought under control fast enough, the chief of the UNā€™s Ebola mission has warned. Anthony Banbury, the Secretary Generalā€™s Special Representative, said that aid workers are racing against time to bring the epidemic under control, in case the Ebola virus mutates and becomes even harder to deal with. ā€œThe longer it moves around in human hosts in the virulent melting pot that is West Africa, the more chances increase that it could mutate,ā€ he told the Telegraph. ā€œIt is a nightmare scenario [that it could become airborne], and unlikely, but it canā€™t be ruled out.ā€ He admitted that the international community had been ā€œa bit lateā€ to respond to the epidemic, but that it was ā€œnot too lateā€ and that aid workers needed to ā€œhit [Ebola] hardā€ to rein in the deadly disease.

It truly shocks me that the libturds in this forum are so confident that the epidemic can't spread to the United States:

Ebola could become airborne United Nations warns of nightmare scenario as virus spreads to the US - Telegraph

Exclusive: Anthony Banbury, chief of the UN's Ebola mission, says there is a chance the deadly virus could mutate to become infectious through the air. There is a ā€˜nightmareā€™ chance that the Ebola virus could become airborne if the epidemic is not brought under control fast enough, the chief of the UNā€™s Ebola mission has warned. Anthony Banbury, the Secretary Generalā€™s Special Representative, said that aid workers are racing against time to bring the epidemic under control, in case the Ebola virus mutates and becomes even harder to deal with. ā€œThe longer it moves around in human hosts in the virulent melting pot that is West Africa, the more chances increase that it could mutate,ā€ he told the Telegraph. ā€œIt is a nightmare scenario [that it could become airborne], and unlikely, but it canā€™t be ruled out.ā€ He admitted that the international community had been ā€œa bit lateā€ to respond to the epidemic, but that it was ā€œnot too lateā€ and that aid workers needed to ā€œhit [Ebola] hardā€ to rein in the deadly disease.

RW IDIOT ALERT... SPREAD FEAR SPREAD FEAR SPREAD FEAR !!

now for the facts ..

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with
  • blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected animals
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.
go eat a monkey you moron.

F'n RW's are dumber than a box of rocks. They won't die from Ebola, stupidity on the other hand renders them terminal.

now for the facts ..

When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread in several ways to others. Ebola is spread through direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with
  • blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, feces, vomit, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected animals
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.

F'n RW's are dumber than a box of rocks. They won't die from Ebola, stupidity on the other hand renders them terminal.

Ebola is fatal 60% of the time, moron. You have to be a fucking moron to believe there's nothing to be concerned about. But then, you're a liberal, so I'm being redundant.

So, RWNJs who hate the UN with a passion suddenly finds a spokesperson for the UN to be credible.

Oh, the irony.

But one point is (almost) correct: a virus, under the right circumstances, can mutate from a blood-born virus to an air-borne virus - but it is more than highly unlikely. And in that case, no amount of travel restrictions would keep it from reaching american shores.

Metanews Airborne Ebola

It truly shocks me that Rightturds are constantly grasping for anything they can in order to fling poo.

fatal if you don't get proper treatment and are stuck in Africa... go eat a monkey and die. Im not a liberal but you ARE an idiot.

Ebola is fatal 60% of the time, moron. You have to be a fucking moron to believe there's nothing to be concerned about. But then, you're a liberal, so I'm being redundant

fatal if you don't get proper treatment and are stuck in Africa... go eat a monkey and die. Im not a liberal but you ARE an idiot.

Ebola is fatal 60% of the time, moron. You have to be a fucking moron to believe there's nothing to be concerned about. But then, you're a liberal, so I'm being redundant
A rocket scientist like you obviously hasn't figured out how the quote thingy works?

Ironic.

A rocket scientist like you obviously hasn't figured out how the quote thingy works?

Ironic.

Idiot alert ... dodge boy, dodge.

"RW IDIOT ALERT... SPREAD FEAR SPREAD FEAR SPREAD FEAR !!

Yea, Bay-Area queers thought the same thing about AIDS. You should have heard them scream and bleat and blame everyone but themselves when they started dropping like flies.

"A rocket scientist like you obviously hasn't figured out how the quote thingy works?"

**NOTE**
The"QUOTE" thingy isn't working for some of us for some strange reason. This software is a nightmare, the worst I've ever encountered in a web forum. It's dysfunctional with both IE and Chrome, at least for me...tonight. Maybe not tomorrow. Since the day I got here, I've heard other posters complain daily about specific idiosyncrasies that affect only them, and then many complain about problems experienced across the board. Admin seems totally mum on the subject. Is it really that bad? Is it really that terminal? Fire the programmer and start over from scratch.

Ebola is only one of many diseases that have health officials worried. The fear of a pandemic has made headlines for the past 20 years and more. Swine flu, Sars, Legionnaire's, MERS and a host of others have been at times thought to be a potential global threat. The reports often point to a concern by scientists that if a disease mutates to facilitate transmission among people, that it could be the making of the next "Black plague". Because of drug resistance the best health officials may be able to do is to try and contain the disease, but given the open borders and levels of international travel, it will be difficult.

The fact is that health organizations are concerned that a pandemic is always one outbreak away.

Let's just hope not. I remember when they were saying the same thing about AIDS.

Proximity wakes people up. I suspect we're more motivated to establish proper treatments now.

now for the facts ..

• infected animals

Yeah, and if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

Hey, retard!! You're starting to sound like a Global Warming skeptic.

Nobody believes you anymore.

What is wrong with making sure before half of the country is infected??

So, RWNJs who hate the UN with a passion suddenly finds a spokesperson for the UN to be credible.

Oh, the irony.

But one point is (almost) correct: a virus, under the right circumstances, can mutate from a blood-born virus to an air-borne virus - but it is more than highly unlikely. And in that case, no amount of travel restrictions would keep it from reaching american shores.

Metanews Airborne Ebola

As I recall, only a month ago it was "more than highly unlikely" that Ebola would migrate from Africa to the USA.

:oops-28:

Yea, Bay-Area queers thought the same thing about AIDS. You should have heard them scream and bleat and blame everyone but themselves when they started dropping like flies.

durrrrrr .. Ebola like Aids IS NOT airborne like the IDIOT OP wants you to think. RW's are too lazy to fact check and too dumb to understand the facts.

durrrrrr .. Ebola like Aids IS NOT airborne like the IDIOT OP wants you to think. RW's are too lazy to fact check and too dumb to understand the facts.

According to the CDC Ebola can be contracted by "casual contact." That term is defined to mean getting within 3 feet of an infected person. If that isn't airborne transmission, then explain another method you can contract a disease standing 3 feet away from an infected person.

According to the CDC Ebola can be contracted by "casual contact." That term is defined to mean getting within 3 feet of an infected person. If that isn't airborne transmission, then explain another method you can contract a disease standing 3 feet away from an infected person.

where do you think I got the information about Ebola I posted, out of my ass like you do ?

and I repeat

Transmission Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

• infected animals

directly FROM the CDC ... YOU IDIOT !

where do you think I got the information about Ebola I posted, out of my ass like you do ?

and I repeat

Transmission Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

• infected animals

directly FROM the CDC ... YOU IDIOT !

The CDC definition of "casual exposure" straight from the CDC website:

Case Definition for Ebola Virus Disease EVD Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

Other close contact with EVD patients in health care facilities or community settings. Close contact is defined as
  1. being within approximately 3 feet (1 meter) of an EVD patient or within the patientā€™s room or care area for a prolonged period of time (e.g., health care personnel, household members) while not wearing recommended personal protective equipment (i.e., standard, droplet, and contact precautions; see Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations)
Here's where you apologize for being such a dumb belligerent asshole.

Forum List

Back