Egregious Violations at Immigrant Detention Facilities

Failing to do the basic, humane thing, the government should do the legal thing. If immigration laws work only to deter immigrants, we can longer be seen as the last beacon of freedom? But immigration laws also work to welcome people.

If they can't flood the facilities with food and medicine, flood them with lawyers and judges. Apply the law to the lawful cases, innocence presumed before guilt.

They are guilty just by coming here illegally.
They are not given the opportunity to come here legally. They are being denied access to our arcane, Byzantine system.

No one has a right to immigrate to the country they want to, when they want to.

If we fixed illegal immigration, we could probably increase legal immigration.

Until then, sorry, not sorry.
The xenophobe's shallow victory.

Failing to do the basic, humane thing, the government should do the legal thing. If immigration laws work only to deter immigrants, we can longer be seen as the last beacon of freedom? But immigration laws also work to welcome people.

If they can't flood the facilities with food and medicine, flood them with lawyers and judges. Apply the law to the lawful cases, innocence presumed before guilt.

They are not given the opportunity to come here legally. They are being denied access to our arcane, Byzantine system.

How am I a xenophobe if I support legal immigration from pretty much everywhere, as long as we get to dictate the parameters?

I am a lawlessnessaphobe.

This shouldn't be happening. This is the United States of America.

We can and have done much better than this.

This isn't making America great again.

DHS watchdog finds 'egregious violations' at immigrant detention facilities

What do you expect with a government run program? This is part of the crisis everyone has been talking about in case you havnt heard. The crisis is there are more Illegal immigrants( don't call them immigrants unless they are legaly applying for citizenship) crossing the border and being detained than can be processed. We don't have that many border patrol agents to house clothe, feed them determine what to do with them, send them on their way.. and deal with the new thousands coming in the very next day...

Wrong. They have just as much opportunity as the thousands who DO manage to legally immigrate to the US every year. They just don't like waiting in line, like many millions before them. Maybe they're afraid the freebies will run out before they have their chance to break the law and steal from Americans and legal immigrants.

This shouldn't be happening. This is the United States of America.

We can and have done much better than this.

This isn't making America great again.

DHS watchdog finds 'egregious violations' at immigrant detention facilities

What do you expect with a government run program? This is part of the crisis everyone has been talking about in case you havnt heard. The crisis is there are more Illegal immigrants( don't call them immigrants unless they are legaly applying for citizenship) crossing the border and being detained than can be processed. We don't have that many border patrol agents to house clothe, feed them determine what to do with them, send them on their way.. and deal with the new thousands coming in the very next day...
Once they break the law and jump line, they are NOT immigrants. It's so nice of the liberal left to give them a kinder, gentler label than they deserve. They are a hostile invasive force and should be treated as such.

How am I a xenophobe if I support legal immigration from pretty much everywhere, as long as we get to dictate the parameters?

By shutting down the entire process of seeking asylum, by denying access to legal recourse, the result is a triumph of xenonphobia.

Wrong. They have just as much opportunity as the thousands who DO manage to legally immigrate to the US every year. They just don't like waiting in line, like many millions before them. Maybe they're afraid the freebies will run out before they have their chance to break the law and steal from Americans and legal immigrants.
Where are the judges and lawyers to expedite the asylum process?

Consider what it takes for a family to decide that where they currently live is no longer safe to live, to raise children, to earn a living. They uproot themselves, make a perilous journey all to seek freedom and safety. To journey to a land that calls itself free.

And when they finally get here, they are denied not only the succor of this land, but any means of legally entering it.

The triumph of the xenophobic.

By shutting down the entire process of seeking asylum, by denying access to legal recourse, the result is a triumph of xenonphobia.

Asylum as a process is being abused.

If you actually believe that, is the solution to fix it or abandon it?

Which would a xenophobe chose?

The nation is flooded with people of all sorts in unprecedented numbers looking for the Golden Ticket and the
complaint is care is sub standard. No shit!
That will happen when people are encouraged to come looking for handouts from Uncle Scam.
This is not xenophobia. We are being targeted by Marxist political organizers.

You really like using that word, and yet it doesn't apply to me.

Be that as it may, the word is appropriate.

I note that you did not proffer an answer.

Be that as it may, the word is appropriate.

I note that you did not proffer an answer.

The solution is to control our borders and only allow asylum requests to be reviewed by people who come here in a legal manner.

Consider what it takes for a family to decide that where they currently live is no longer safe to live, to raise children, to earn a living. They uproot themselves, make a perilous journey all to seek freedom and safety. To journey to a land that calls itself free.

And when they finally get here, they are denied not only the succor of this land, but any means of legally entering it.

Yup. Spread the word. Send them back.

Each time we have a thread of any sort regarding immigration/asylum, it becomes perfectly clear that the left would allow any person regardless of where they are from and regardless how many, in to our country.
If these people ever get the presidency, and super-majorities in congress, we will be so fucked. Our country would be overran with the third-world.
We must never let these people have this kind of control. The American left, IS your enemy. Never forget it !

Are you xenophobic? I know I am not. If what you describe is their declared motivation, then they should ecstatic to be allowed in and housed, as is fit, until they can be further processed. As it stands, they are receiving all the freebies they were most likely seeking, medical, schools, food, and shelter...and probably much, MUCH better than where they came from. And yet, they have the unmitigated nerve to whine that they aren't being treated nicely enough. Screw them. If they want "better" let them go the hell back where they crawled from and make that better. But they are lazy, cowardly, and determined to suck off our proverbial tits until those tits dry up and fall off. Then what? What do they do when we run out of other peoples' money to pay for their unreasonable demands.
If DHS can afford to transport these leeches anywhere in this country, they can damned well be issued a court date and transported back to their native rocks. They do not need to stay here.
You can apply any label you want to me but I know too many decent, honorable people from many other nations, of many ethnicities, races, and religions who came here legally. I respect their dedication and desire. These interlopers should be kicked to the end of the line (and I don't mean the front end, either).

That's a good question. Which would you choose?

Are you xenophobic? I know I am not. If what you describe is their declared motivation, then they should ecstatic to be allowed in and housed, as is fit, until they can be further processed. As it stands, they are receiving all the freebies they were most likely seeking, medical, schools, food, and shelter...and probably much, MUCH better than where they came from. And yet, they have the unmitigated nerve to whine that they aren't being treated nicely enough. Screw them. If they want "better" let them go the hell back where they crawled from and make that better. But they are lazy, cowardly, and determined to suck off our proverbial tits until those tits dry up and fall off. Then what? What do they do when we run out of other peoples' money to pay for their unreasonable demands.
If DHS can afford to transport these leeches anywhere in this country, they can damned well be issued a court date and transported back to their native rocks. They do not need to stay here.
You can apply any label you want to me but I know too many decent, honorable people from many other nations, of many ethnicities, races, and religions who came here legally. I respect their dedication and desire. These interlopers should be kicked to the end of the line (and I don't mean the front end, either).
I’m afraid we have diametrically opppsed attitudes toward immigrants.

You regard them as parasites, leeches and criminals.

I regard them as human beings in need of help.

I went to Sunday school while others watched Fox News.

They are not entitled to any of that.

Only citizens of this country have a right to be here.

As a sovereign nation, we have the absolute right to offer or withhold, for any reason, or no reason at all, the privilege to foreigners to enter our nation, and to offer them, “the succor of this land”. Our government has the duty to manage this privilege in accordance with the collective interests and will of the American people.

No foreigner has any right whatsoever to demand entry into our country, nor to avail himself of our resources.

I’m afraid we have diametrically opppsed [sic] attitudes toward immigrants.

You regard them as parasites, leeches and criminals.

I regard them as human beings in need of help.

I went to Sunday school while others watched Fox News.

You refuse to acknowledge the difference between legitimate immigrants, and invading foreign criminals.

Forum List

Back