🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Egypt earmarks 500,000 acres of arable land for Saudi investors

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It appears that Saudi Arabia is buying large acreage in many parts of the world. Maybe they want to make sure they will be fed in the future if there is not enough food for everyone.

Beyond 7 Billion - Los Angeles Times

Published April 13th, 2016 - 05:15 GMT via SyndiGate.info

Egypt-nile-cows-agriculture-pixabay-606917_640.jpg

Arable land along the Nile River. (Pixabay)
Follow >
Abdul Mohsen al-Fadhli
Abdul Rahman bin Abdul
Fadhali
Salman
Saudi Agriculture Ministry
Saudi Press Agency
Egyptian authorities agreed with the Saudi Agriculture Ministry to allocate 500,000 acres of arable lands for Saudi investors, said Saudi Arabia's Minister of Agriculture, Abdul Rahman bin Abdul Mohsen al-Fadhli, in a statement Monday.

Quoted by Saudi Press Agency, Fadhali said Monday that King Salman's recent visit to Egypt was "a historic visit that should be recorded in gold ink for the political, economic and social objectives it achieved for the two sister countries".

The visit of King Salman culminated in the signing a number of agreements, memoranda of understanding, and executive programs in many fields to help achieve the shared aspirations of Egyptian and Saudi leadership and people alike, Fadhali was quoted as saying.

Continue reading at:

It appears that Saudi Arabia is buying large acreage in many parts of the world. Maybe they want to make sure they will be fed in the future if there is not enough food for everyone.

Follow >
Abdul Mohsen al-Fadhli
Abdul Rahman bin Abdul
Fadhali
Salman
Saudi Press Agency
Egyptian authorities agreed with the Saudi Agriculture Ministry to allocate 500,000 acres of arable lands for Saudi investors, said Saudi Arabia's Minister of Agriculture, Abdul Rahman bin Abdul Mohsen al-Fadhli, in a statement Monday.

Quoted by Saudi Press Agency, Fadhali said Monday that King Salman's recent visit to Egypt was "a historic visit that should be recorded in gold ink for the political, economic and social objectives it achieved for the two sister countries".

The visit of King Salman culminated in the signing a number of agreements, memoranda of understanding, and executive programs in many fields to help achieve the shared aspirations of Egyptian and Saudi leadership and people alike, Fadhali was quoted as saying.

Continue reading at:

A couple of years ago I travelled through the Suez Canal on a Container Ship..........on the Sinai side the Egyptians have been pumping Silt and Water from the River Nile.......metres thick of beautiful soil...this has been done so that Egypt can have 4 Harvests a year,thus being able to export fruit and veg etc.,out of season to Europe and other Arabic States.......It is Very Impressive Indeed......Krupps the German Heavy Industrial Company have built a swing bridge across the Suez Canal,moreover the Japanese have built a road/rail bridge too.....to transport goods quickly to Med/ports.....they are currently building an Airport........don't worry about the Saudis .......Egypt are looking after its own interests.Sally you should get out more to see what is really going on..steve......Saudis are buying up land everywhere,worldwide including massive portfolios of real estate in London,New York and many European Cities

Last edited:

Follow >
Abdul Mohsen al-Fadhli
Abdul Rahman bin Abdul
Fadhali
Salman
Saudi Press Agency

Continue reading at:

Damn they are doing it everywhere, I posted a thread on it about them buying water rights in the western United states

Saudi Land Purchases Fuel Debate Over US Water Rights

the land and islands are to be part of bridge between saudi and egypt I think

Follow >
Abdul Mohsen al-Fadhli
Abdul Rahman bin Abdul
Fadhali
Salman
Saudi Press Agency

Continue reading at:

Damn they are doing it everywhere, I posted a thread on it about them buying water rights in the western United states

Saudi Land Purchases Fuel Debate Over US Water Rights

I did read your article. Amazing, isn't it, since the farmers here can't get enough water themselves for their crops. I wish there were desalination plants up and down the coast.

Follow >
Abdul Mohsen al-Fadhli
Abdul Rahman bin Abdul
Fadhali
Salman
Saudi Press Agency

Continue reading at:

A couple of years ago I travelled through the Suez Canal on a Container Ship..........on the Sinai side the Egyptians have been pumping Silt and Water from the River Nile.......metres thick of beautiful soil...this has been done so that Egypt can have 4 Harvests a year,thus being able to export fruit and veg etc.,out of season to Europe and other Arabic States.......It is Very Impressive Indeed......Krupps the German Heavy Industrial Company have built a swing bridge across the Suez Canal,moreover the Japanese have built a road/rail bridge too.....to transport goods quickly to Med/ports.....they are currently building an Airport........don't worry about the Saudis .......Egypt are looking after its own interests.Sally you should get out more to see what is really going on..steve......Saudis are buying up land everywhere,worldwide including massive portfolios of real estate in London,New York and many European Cities

Now how do you know I don't get out? Are you actually tellling us your have a crystal ball that you look into to see what all the posters are doing? I pass many agricultural fields while driving through Ventura county. Maybe you should come here when they have the strawberry festival and have yourself a little fun. Google

In fact, in the San Fernando Valley where I live, there were many farms at one time as well as cattle and sheep ranches. The corn fields that I used to pass is now home to a Kaiser Hospital complex, and the place where I used to see sheep grazing is now a housing tract. I miss those days when things were more rural out here. Even Roy Rogers rode Trigger to his church for Easter Services in Chatsworth.

I am quite aware of not only the Middle Easterners buying prime real estate in America, but also aware of the Chinese and others doing the same. In fact, I have an old friend in New York who is a real estate broker who many times has told me who is buying what and who is selling what.

Field Guide to Foreign Investment Trends in the U.S.

U.S. Real Estate to Draw More Foreigners in 2016, Survey Says

Forum List

Back