Egypt turns to Russia

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
It seems Obama only likes Egypt when it's run by the Brotherhood :cuckoo:

Not only has the administration’s “reset” button failed with Russia, but now Middle Eastern countries which have been in the American sphere of influence for decades are looking for better relations with other major nations. Saudi Arabia has said “major changes” are coming concerning their relationship with the US. And now Egypt is turning away from the US as well:

The Russian foreign and defence ministers will travel to Egypt next week on a visit seen as signalling a growing rapprochement between the two countries as the military-backed authorities in Cairo reach out for new allies and seek to lessen dependence on Washington.

A Russian official spokesman said that Sergei Lavrov, the foreign minister, and Sergei Shoigu, the defence minister, would discuss issues touching on “military and technical co-operation” – seen as a Russian euphemism for arms sales.

Cairo’s relations with Washington, its primary aid donor and military supplier for four decades, have frayed since the coup in July that ousted the Islamist Mohamed Morsi, Egypt’s first elected president.

As tensions with Washington increased over the summer, culminating in a US decision to withhold part of its annual $1.3bn in military aid, Egyptian officials started to hint that their country would seek a realignment in foreign relations.

Egypt turns to Russia « Hot Air

I don't blame them. You have Obama and the MB crew saying do it this way . Putin starts to look really good here.

I cant believe I'm saying this but this is the way it is. I'm starting to sharpen up on my Ukrainian and my Russian sweet lord but that's the way we are coming down the shoots.

Not only has the administration’s “reset” button failed with Russia, but now Middle Eastern countries which have been in the American sphere of influence for decades are looking for better relations with other major nations. Saudi Arabia has said “major changes” are coming concerning their relationship with the US. And now Egypt is turning away from the US as well:

The Russian foreign and defence ministers will travel to Egypt next week on a visit seen as signalling a growing rapprochement between the two countries as the military-backed authorities in Cairo reach out for new allies and seek to lessen dependence on Washington.

A Russian official spokesman said that Sergei Lavrov, the foreign minister, and Sergei Shoigu, the defence minister, would discuss issues touching on “military and technical co-operation” – seen as a Russian euphemism for arms sales.

Cairo’s relations with Washington, its primary aid donor and military supplier for four decades, have frayed since the coup in July that ousted the Islamist Mohamed Morsi, Egypt’s first elected president.

As tensions with Washington increased over the summer, culminating in a US decision to withhold part of its annual $1.3bn in military aid, Egyptian officials started to hint that their country would seek a realignment in foreign relations.

Seriously we just havent had a chance to talk about it. But the son of a bitch threw over Mubarack faster than my ex husband threw me over.

I mean holy toledo. Talk about ditching someone. Hello?

Seriously we just havent had a chance to talk about it. But the son of a bitch threw over Mubarack faster than my ex husband threw me over.

Yep – B. Hussein took no time at all to dump Mubarak when it was in his interest to appease the Muslim Brotherhood.

Since 1979 and the Camp David Accords, Egypt had been a moderately reliable partner in maintaining a preferred Middle Eastern status quo, specifically with regard to islamic terrorism. The Mubarak regime, whatever else might be said about it, had also been faithful to its peace-pact with the Israel. With that regime now gone, it's difficult to predict how the correlation of forces in the Islamist-dominated region will shift, or how Israel might be moved to reposition itself and its forces.

Egypt turns to Russia

Jroc loves neo-conservatism, and we know where that evil leads.

Russia will turn to either Russia or the USA. We will see how this plays out.

Egypt turns to Russia

Jroc loves neo-conservatism, and we know where that evil leads.

Russia will turn to either Russia or the USA. We will see how this plays out.

Jake uses "neocon", Joeb uses "Zionists" both are:cuckoo:

Obama = Jimmy Carter on steroids.

That is what I thought early on. But Obama is far worse. Carter just sat wringing his hands. He didn't have a clue what to do about anything. Obama went in with the intent to destabilize the middle east. There were so many chumps in this country who had to prove they were not 'ist' this or 'ist' that and elected this POS who has set about alienating all US allies and putting the US in a clearly subordinate position.

Egypt was in the Russian camp for a long time.
After the peace treaty, the new president was taking massive American bribes and was kept in power as long as he didn't attack Israel.
The American funded dictator was finally removed and a free and fair election brought the Muslim brotherhood to power.
I wasn't all that keen on them as I see them as a little too far right for my tastes but they were the elected government.
They refused to stop Iranian convoys to Syria and, guess what, they were booted out in a military coup that wasn't a coup so America could keep funding the generals in the hope they'd play ball, accept a load of bribes and do whatever America said.
This doesn't seem to have worked out to the generals are looking for bribes, sorry, funding from the old friend, Russia.

Nothing special in that, but it does leave one of the most powerful military machines in the middle east apart from the people treaty that really depended upon the American bribes.
This could spell serious danger for Israel and a potential bloody mess in the whole region.

We know now that you are truly a lover of tyrants which kill their own and have superior arms due to their ability to starve the people.

Egypt was in the Russian camp for a long time.
After the peace treaty, the new president was taking massive American bribes and was kept in power as long as he didn't attack Israel.
The American funded dictator was finally removed and a free and fair election brought the Muslim brotherhood to power.
I wasn't all that keen on them as I see them as a little too far right for my tastes but they were the elected government.
They refused to stop Iranian convoys to Syria and, guess what, they were booted out in a military coup that wasn't a coup so America could keep funding the generals in the hope they'd play ball, accept a load of bribes and do whatever America said.
This doesn't seem to have worked out to the generals are looking for bribes, sorry, funding from the old friend, Russia.

Nothing special in that, but it does leave one of the most powerful military machines in the middle east apart from the people treaty that really depended upon the American bribes.
This could spell serious danger for Israel and a potential bloody mess in the whole region.

When I was in Egypt, I got the distinct impression that Egyptians had no use for the Russians whatsoever. They may have no use for us either except for our tourist dollars. That is likely the case. But they were VERY vocal in their dislike of all things Russian.

Obama either deliberately or because of sheer stupidity and bad decisions is leaving a power vacuum in that region which must be filled and Russia is responding appropriately.

Hussein Obama doesn't seem to care about wrecking the power of the US... as long as he has his ObamaScare and his game of golf he couldn't care less about anything else.

I despise the man.

Even Carter has questions about him..."He’s done the best he could under the circumstances" translated he is an incompetent loser.

LOL carter said that? reminds me of something-----a very astute
person------a kind of hospital orderly----said to me way back in the
CARTER YEARS ------'why doesn't that wife of his ----take him back
to the peanut farm' He made the comment really EARLY
on--------he had a PRESCIENCE about carter. Somehow--
Carter has never developed insight into the fact that he is an idiot---
but then again------there is kerry (since he ran for president--
democrat that I am----to me he has been
KERRY THE KLOWN)

Even Carter has questions about him..."He’s done the best he could under the circumstances" translated he is an incompetent loser.

LOL carter said that? reminds me of something-----a very astute

person------a kind of hospital orderly----said to me way back in the

CARTER YEARS ------'why doesn't that wife of his ----take him back

to the peanut farm' He made the comment really EARLY

on--------he had a PRESCIENCE about carter. Somehow--

Carter has never developed insight into the fact that he is an idiot---

but then again------there is kerry (since he ran for president--

democrat that I am----to me he has been

KERRY THE KLOWN)

Makes me laugh till I cry.....Obama is very scary right now. Usually a sitting president cannot do much harm at this stage, but this guy seems to be on a mission.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

If you bother to follow news from the Middle and Far East, it is becoming clearer by the day that the USA is in major downslide while Putin and Russia are in ascendancy. Not just in Egypt but Syria, Libya, Tunisia, and on and on. As the USA isn't helping Iraq as they're asking, who do you think they will turn to?

Obumbler is a joke.

Forum List

Back