Egyptian arrested for learning Hebrew

MHunterB

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2012
Egyptian arrested for learning Hebrew | The Times of Israel

I think this is truly sad......

"An Egyptian lawyer was arrested in September on charges of spying for Israel after the owner of an internet café in which he had been sitting noticed he was speaking Italian, French and Hebrew on the phone and surfing the Mossad’s website. The lawyer, Ayman, told Egypt’s al-Nahar TV in a clip posted and translated by watchdog group MEMRI that he had decided to learn Hebrew before the most recent wave of bloodshed in his home country had begun..... "

After all the years of 'peace', it seems the Egyptian people generally are not interested in normalizing relations with Israel : ((

Egyptian arrested for learning Hebrew | The Times of Israel

I think this is truly sad......

"An Egyptian lawyer was arrested in September on charges of spying for Israel after the owner of an internet café in which he had been sitting noticed he was speaking Italian, French and Hebrew on the phone and surfing the Mossad’s website. The lawyer, Ayman, told Egypt’s al-Nahar TV in a clip posted and translated by watchdog group MEMRI that he had decided to learn Hebrew before the most recent wave of bloodshed in his home country had begun..... "

After all the years of 'peace', it seems the Egyptian people generally are not interested in normalizing relations with Israel : ((

I have a similar problem----my son told me I should be arrested for
bad pronunciation when I try to speak hebrew. Then there is the
issue of that WEIRD grammar. Are they sure that the problem was
not the lawyer's pronunciation.......or .....mixing up tenses and that
masculine/feminine thing?

Forum List

Back