El Paso cop pulls gun on children

45C80387-C446-45D1-AB1D-7F76CCF66C49.jpeg

Pointing a gun at kids, even for a moment, doesn't look good. On the other hand, what should the cop have done about the kids that were encroaching on the space of the arrest? Perhaps he could have beat a few with his night stick? (I'm being sarcastic).

Pointing a gun at kids, even for a moment, doesn't look good. On the other hand, what should the cop have done about the kids that were encroaching on the space of the arrest? Perhaps he could have beat a few with his night stick? (I'm being sarcastic).

I don't know that pulling his gun on the kids can be excused...but I wouldn't be upset if a few of those kids got taken to juvi, either. Those were some foul-mouthed, disrespectful, aggressive little shits. If you're going to hurl insults and epithets at a cop, at least have the common sense not to get in his face as a group while you do it.

It looks as if the cop let his anger get the better of him, but his anger appeared to come from a gaggle of instigating kids. My first impression is everyone was in the wrong.

No, support the blue that do well, and work to get rid of the incompetent, and the evil ones. If you are merely anti cop then no reasonable person is going to pay positive attention to you because that course leads to anarchy. Instead, become an advocate of good cops, and the jobs that they do. Because then, when you point out a bad one, everyone knows that it is serious because when a known supporter of the police speaks out against a bad one, the people pay attention.

We carry ASP batons now. They come in kid size and hurt a lot more.

The article in the OP is very light on facts except that the cop was there on a 'criminal trespass' allegation. Whenever criminality is involved, police have to be very careful because gangs have armed members as young as 11.

Police: Armed Galveston street gang had members young as 11

GALVESTON — Island police officials said they have dismantled a violent juvenile gang, which had members as young as 11, a taste for armed robbery and close ties to the notorious West Coast crime syndicate the Crips.

Your perceptions likely have been formed by exposure to middle-class American kids. But all kids are not so civilized -- especially kids who are products of foreign shit-holes, like Tijuana, or offshoot ghettos and gangs in American cities like El Paso. A bunch of those little bastards can do a lot of damage to a grown man if they jump him, especially if they are armed with something -- which a lot of them are. So I'm assuming those cops know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Forum List

Back