Election Dress Codes

There seems to be no neutral rule or law that some idiot will not complain about these days. These folks scream "it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL!" all the time just to get attention. They apparently just want anarchy.

In most states, a voter can't wear anything that is connected to a candidate or matter that is on the ballot. It must have caused a lot of outrage to the OP and those like him when some poll workers insisted that voters wearing Black Lives Matter shirts were forced to turn them inside out in order to vote, even though nothing relating to BLM was on the ballot. Perhaps these voters might join as plaintiffs in any lawsuit to challenge these laws.

There seems to be no neutral rule or law that some idiot will not complain about these days. These folks scream "it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL!" all the time just to get attention. They apparently just want anarchy.

In most states, a voter can't wear anything that is connected to a candidate or matter that is on the ballot. It must have caused a lot of outrage to the OP and those like him when some poll workers insisted that voters wearing Black Lives Matter shirts were forced to turn them inside out in order to vote, even though nothing relating to BLM was on the ballot. Perhaps these voters might join as plaintiffs in any lawsuit to challenge these laws.

Sherbet said this means while a "Make America Great Again" hat or Joe Biden button would count as electioneering, a Black Lives Matter or “Don’t tread on me” message would not because they are advocating for a movement.

A MAGA face mask? A Black Lives Matter T-shirt? Here’s what you can and can’t wear to vote

Sherbet said this means while a "Make America Great Again" hat or Joe Biden button would count as electioneering, a Black Lives Matter or “Don’t tread on me” message would not because they are advocating for a movement.

A MAGA face mask? A Black Lives Matter T-shirt? Here’s what you can and can’t wear to vote

Good article. Thanks. I hope that poll workers can distinguish between political statements and social movements, given that they have to do so on the spot. I went to the polls at 6:30 this morning EST in just a gray sweater, coat, white mask, and jeans, and, of course, paw covers. I know better. A miracle occurred. I walked right in, and I've been a bit wobbly given that I was sick last week (not Covid). I hope that all of us in all the states get through this safely and peaceably. Cheers.

Forum List

Back