What is Your connection to liberals and conservatives ?

I just disagree with liberals more than I do with conservatives.

When I was young it was far more fun being liberal but as I grow ancient the conservative approach seems far more based on common sense and realistic solutions.

Alas .. liberals don’t seem to want to grow up. 🤪
I was a Conservative when I was young and voted for Reagan and Bush twice
As I grew up, I found their trickle down claims and disdain for the poor to be unsupportable

I do not have a connection to either side, no matter what you want to call them.

I honestly do not feel much of a connection to the people of this country all that much these days. Everything is about division and putting labels on people and putting them into boxes.

I was listening to a PodCast not long ago and the guest was a retired US Army Vet living in Dominican Republic. He said that Veterans are one of the largest groups becoming Ex-pats, more than 25,000 of them living in the Dominican Republic. Much of the reason they are leaving the country they served is they cannot stand the division.

I cannot wait to join them.
It seems today each party wants everyone to live according to their beliefs. That is wrong. america is about freedom. I make and live by my own values.

I was a Conservative when I was young and voted for Reagan and Bush twice
As I grew up, I found their trickle down claims and disdain for the poor to be unsupportable
Well mmm .. I see Democrats supporting the poor through taxpayer handouts, starving them of proper educations and overall economically enslaving them for votes/political power.

The last Democrat President that seemed to have a balanced approach to me was Clinton, if he’d unloaded the H bag earlier and kept his willy under control, he would have been a greatness president.

Last edited:
Basically I am the opposite of a libertarian. I am liberal on economic and environmental issues and conservative on many social issues.

I am liberal on environmental issues because I believe that global warming is an existential problem that is getting worse.

I am liberal on economic issues because I see little moral significance in the distribution of wealth and income.

I think the government has important roles to play, and I distrust the business community.

I am conservative on many social issues because I think there is often wisdom in tradition, and I am pessimistic about human nature and human potential.

Nevertheless, I am in favor of free abortion on demand at any stage of pregnancy because it is eugenically beneficial. I am also concerned with the problem of human over population.

I think the problem is not that some homosexuals want to marry people of their own sex; the problem is that many heterosexuals do not want to marry the people with whom they have children and raise those children properly. I believe that homosexuality is a genetic inclination that is connected to superior intelligence. I believe that homosexuals can neither convert others to homosexuality, nor can they change to be heterosexuals. Nevertheless, I am uncomfortable with the flagrant display of homosexuality. That flagrant display is easy to avoid exposure to.

I vote Democrat but the Democrat Party I really liked existed from 1933 to 1963. I think the civil rights legislation and the War on Poverty were well intended mistakes. I have always disliked the sexual revolution.

Well mmm .. I see Democrats supporting the poor through taxpayer handouts, starving them of proper educations and overall economically enslaving them for votes/political power.

The last Democrat President that seemed to have a balanced approach to me was Clinton, if he’d unloaded the H bag earlier and kept his willy under control, he would have been a greatness president.
Clinton took care of Clinton. Losing congress made him acquiesce to republicans. If he had a democrat congress, he would have been as bad as Obama.

We don’t have liberals and conservatives. We have democrats and Americans.
Democrats espouse commie values. Minorities — and especially blacks — thrive on gov assistance and guidance. White democrats support the commie policies but live mostly within conservative bourgeois norms. Hypocrites deluxe.

It seems today each party wants everyone to live according to their beliefs. That is wrong. america is about freedom. I make and live by my own values.

Indeed both sides want that very much.

They are mirror images of each other

We don’t have liberals and conservatives. We have democrats and Americans.
Democrats espouse commie values. Minorities — and especially blacks — thrive on gov assistance and guidance. White democrats support the commie policies but live mostly within conservative bourgeois norms. Hypocrites deluxe.
BTW, I live in a town full of white democrats surrounded by a county of mostly blacks.

I vote Democrat but the Democrat Party I really liked existed from 1933 to 1963. I think the civil rights legislation and the War on Poverty were well intended mistakes. I have always disliked the sexual revolution.
How do you like continuous warfare?

I used to be Conservative, became Liberal about 30 years ago
Why don't you understand Republicans then? Liberal is not about Democrats. It is about true honest to god authoritarians now who are the true Democrats.

Indeed both sides want that very much.

They are mirror images of each other
I wish every voter had my experience at voting. I was a Director. Where you ask? For the CA Association of Realtors for one thing. For the huge SACAR board of Realtors covering 13 cities in North California for another. I saw how people act and think all the time. My local board and I would fight issues. I stood tall for the members but some directors stood tall for the CEO of the board and all it's employees.
The stuff they are mirror images is not true.

Democrats fight for strong Federal Control. Republicans fight for the public to get back in charge.

No
I saw what the Newt Gingrich Conservatives were doing in Congress and I didn’t want to be associated with them
So, how does that work? You were obviously a Republican at one time, which means you believed in the ideology and opposed the democrat ideology. Then, all at once, you joined the party you previously were against.

So, did you stop believing in the conservative principles and start believing in the liberal ones?

Forum List

Back