Election Dress Codes

I don't know how many states ban certain clothing at polling places but IMO such bans are completely unconstitutional.

I have a right to vote and I have a right to free speech.

Who the fuck is the government to tell me I won't be allowed into a polling place because they don't like my choice of clothes?
Laws on electioneering vary by state. Good luck storming the castle.

I don't know how many states ban certain clothing at polling places but IMO such bans are completely unconstitutional.

Who the fuck is the government to tell me I won't be allowed into a polling place because theu don't like my choice of clothes?

It is unconstitutional to intimidate people who attend the polls. If your clothes are intimidating it could be said you are breaking the law.

Please learn the law before you break it...

Is it "intimidating" for men to dress like gangstas with their pants hanging off their asses? Would you outlaw that kind of attire.

Personally, I'm wearing a red shirt with a white tie and blue jacket. Get a patriot thing going on.

The law says no politicking within a certain number of feet from the polling place.

That keeps things civil

Why would you have a problem with civility?

I had a blue polo on.... racism obviously. White people clothes.... should be banned

Wangers are never short of things to whine about. This has been a thing since like the 1800s...and in 2020 you whine about it.

Who the fuck is the government to tell me I won't be allowed into a polling place because theu don't like my choice of clothes?

It is unconstitutional to intimidate people who attend the polls. If your clothes are intimidating it could be said you are breaking the law.

Please learn the law before you break it...

Is it "intimidating" for men to dress like gangstas with their pants hanging off their asses? Would you outlaw that kind of attire.

Personally, I'm wearing a red shirt with a white tie and blue jacket. Get a patriot thing going on.
"intimidating" is subjective so the general rule is to ease off the political stuff while voting...

Same rules for all... It is a few minutes and you can put on all your gear afterwards...

As what you want to wear personally... That is totally acceptable and rather dapper if I may so...;)

Blues Man showing up to vote...

index.jpg

Who the fuck is the government to tell me I won't be allowed into a polling place because they don't like my choice of clothes?
Laws on electioneering vary by state. Good luck storming the castle.

Actually EU countries go a little further...

Polling stop 72 hours before polls open.
Campaigning stops 24hrs before
There is a media black out 24 hrs before polls open (Not law, this is called thinking time)

In Ireland the campaigns usually meet and have a night out together in a pub... It is a thank you to the guys who help but also puts an end to hostilities and refocuses the mind on counting... Campaigning has ended and counting is next... All votes will be counted despite where they go... It is a very healthy tradition and allows healing to take place...

The law says no politicking within a certain number of feet from the polling place.

That keeps things civil

Wearing a shirt is not politicking.

And if people can't behave like mature adults they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

WTF does it matter if the guy standing behind you in line is wearing a Green Party Tee Shirt?

Are you that much of a whining asshole that another person not voting for your guy bothers you?

That keeps things civil

And if people can't behave like mature adults they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

WTF does it matter if the guy standing behind you in line is wearing a Green Party Tee Shirt?

Are you that much of a whining asshole that another person not voting for your guy bothers you?
It's less about intimidation, and more about it being uncouth for anyone to Campaign at polling places...what the Statute specifically looks to prohibit is any attempts near the polling places to persuade a Voter. Surely, for every 300 mature folks who ignore a shirt, there are two guys in line that are going to get into it, too...causing an issue - - - and these issues maybe were common and exhausted too many resources, hence the rule, which seems reasonable. Even the most Conservative SCOTUS Justices have written about the solemnity of the polling place. It's really nothing to whine about...it's been precedent for over a Century, wtf

That keeps things civil

It's less about intimidation, and more about it being uncouth for anyone to Campaign at polling places...what the Statute specifically looks to prohibit is any attempts near the polling places to persuade a Voter. Surely, for every 300 mature folks who ignore a shirt, there are two guys in line that are going to get into it, too...causing an issue - - - and these issues maybe were common and exhausted too many resources, hence the rule, which seems reasonable. Even the most Conservative SCOTUS Justices have written about the solemnity of the polling place. It's really nothing to whine about...it's been precedent for over a Century, wtf

Wearing a shirt is not campaigning.

And really is the guy behind you with a Libertarian Party shirt on going to change your mind?

And why should a violation of the first amendment be tolerated just because it has been done for a hundred years?

That keeps things civil

And really is the guy behind you with a Libertarian Party shirt on going to change your mind?
It's not about me. That's the point...and I don't find any reason to give three shits about the long standing tradition.

You can ask me if I'd be persuaded...I can ask the person with the shirt on, are you really going to die if you shut the fuck up about your Candidate for five minutes?

It's really nothing to have a whine sesh about.

That keeps things civil

It's not about me. That's the point...and I don't find any reason to give three shits about the long standing tradition.

You can ask me if I'd be persuaded...I can ask the person with the shirt on, are you really going to die if you shut the fuck up about your Candidate for five minutes?

I happen to abhor any violation of the Constitution.

The funny thing is... the OP admits he doesn't even vote.
So...once again... the outraged generation finds something new to be outraged about.
:rolleyes:

The funny thing is... the OP admits he doesn't even vote.
So...once again... the outraged generation finds something new to be outraged about.
:rolleyes:

I do vote I'm just not voting in this presidential election.

There are no 3rd party candidates running in my Congressional district and voting for a 3rd party presidential candidate won't matter.

There are no pressing local issues to vote for or against.

So tell me why should I waste my time going to the polls and standing in line?

And there's no faux outrage here I'm just wondering why you idiots put up with a flagrant violation of your rights.

That keeps things civil

I happen to abhor any violation of the Constitution.
I'm not sure it qualifies as one, and so I defer to the experts: SCOTUS seem to be down with it.

Yelling fire in Church isn't legal, either. Oh well.

Forum List

Back