🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Electors (R) TX, NOT Voting for Trump - Fox News

Texas Republican elector says he won't cast vote for Trump

One resigned, another isn't voting for Trump, because TX laws don't mandate but leave it free to Electors.

===========

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican member of the Electoral College from Texas said Monday that he won't cast one of his state's 38 electoral votes for Donald Trump because "I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Dallas paramedic Chris Suprun previously indicated he would support Trump. But he now says the president-elect's postelection attacks on the First Amendment and the country's electoral process, as well as the billionaire businessman's continued promotion of his brand and business interests overseas, changed his mind.

Texas law doesn't mandate that electors vote according to the results of the state's presidential election, which Trump won by nine percentage points over Hillary Clinton. Suprun and the GOP's other electors signed pledges at the state Republican convention in Dallas this summer promising to vote for their party's nominee, but those aren't legally binding.

"I'm expecting backlash, but that has been par for the course this campaign. People are unhappy. They're angry. But I'm angry, too," said Suprun, who said that prior to changing his mind he had received hundreds of emails, letters and phone calls urging him not to support Trump.

Suprun said the Electoral College system "is fine as it currently exists." His problem is just with its winner.

"I was told if we elected Donald Trump he would transform his personality into being presidential. He isn't," Suprun said. "I wanted him to be presidential, but since the election he hasn't grown into our institution, he's attacked them. I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Another Texas Republican elector, Art Sisneros, resigned last week rather than vote for Trump. Electors will vote to replace Sisneros when they convene Dec. 19 in Austin and in state capitals across the country to vote for president.

Suprun said he was not resigning but also won't be voting for Hillary Clinton.

"I am not sure of who I will vote for, but would have to strongly consider someone like (Ohio Gov. John) Kasich who has both executive and legislative experience bringing people together," he said.

Suprun said he was waiting to see if other electors will revolt and rally behind a Trump alternative like Kasich.

"I'm looking for someone we can all unify behind," he said.
==================

Here's the guy I would still support for President:
voteforvern.com | take America back

I can attest he can work with prochoice progressive Democrats because I am one.
And he argues, but tolerates and includes my views where we stick to the Constitution.
He is biased toward prolife, but will allow for prochoice where it doesn't impose proabortion.

He is a veteran and supports the idea of Trump donating his salary to create
Jobs for Vets to reform the VA and other institutions that need massive overhaul!

Just trying to make a name for themselves, nothing but attention whores.

At least they know how the Electrical College works. As opposed to most of the clueless wags here.

Such as this clownstick:

From a Texas relative: The Texas Republican Party has stated that if Suprun persists in his plan to not vote for Trump, they are going to replace him.

They should replace him now, he is not fit to be an elector.

Go find out what an elector actually does. Then waddle back here and essplain how the elector is "unfit".

WHAT??? Not everyone is a robot?? Who knew. :eusa_doh:

I continue to sit and wait for an answer on that. Pothead ran away rather than defend his claim.

Electors are SWORN to vote in accordance to the results of the state, you ignorant fool.

Your refusal to accept the results of the election doesn't change reality, shitferbrains.

Fun fact -- although many states (at least 26) have laws against "faitlhless electing" --- fines and such --- none have ever been enforced.

Comrade shitferbrains, in the history of the nation, just HOW many times has there been "faithless electors?"

The answer is 3

You and your fellow Bolsheviks would need 47 to throw it to the house, who would simply confirm Trump.

You are throwing a temper tantrum, nothing more.

Oh and shitferbrains, Sisneros has already been replaced.

One resigned, another isn't voting for Trump, because TX laws don't mandate but leave it free to Electors.

===========

AUSTIN, Texas – A Republican member of the Electoral College from Texas said Monday that he won't cast one of his state's 38 electoral votes for Donald Trump because "I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Dallas paramedic Chris Suprun previously indicated he would support Trump. But he now says the president-elect's postelection attacks on the First Amendment and the country's electoral process, as well as the billionaire businessman's continued promotion of his brand and business interests overseas, changed his mind.

Texas law doesn't mandate that electors vote according to the results of the state's presidential election, which Trump won by nine percentage points over Hillary Clinton. Suprun and the GOP's other electors signed pledges at the state Republican convention in Dallas this summer promising to vote for their party's nominee, but those aren't legally binding.

"I'm expecting backlash, but that has been par for the course this campaign. People are unhappy. They're angry. But I'm angry, too," said Suprun, who said that prior to changing his mind he had received hundreds of emails, letters and phone calls urging him not to support Trump.

Suprun said the Electoral College system "is fine as it currently exists." His problem is just with its winner.

"I was told if we elected Donald Trump he would transform his personality into being presidential. He isn't," Suprun said. "I wanted him to be presidential, but since the election he hasn't grown into our institution, he's attacked them. I am here to elect a president, not a king."

Another Texas Republican elector, Art Sisneros, resigned last week rather than vote for Trump. Electors will vote to replace Sisneros when they convene Dec. 19 in Austin and in state capitals across the country to vote for president.

"I am not sure of who I will vote for, but would have to strongly consider someone like (Ohio Gov. John) Kasich who has both executive and legislative experience bringing people together," he said.

Suprun said he was waiting to see if other electors will revolt and rally behind a Trump alternative like Kasich.

==================

And he argues, but tolerates and includes my views where we stick to the Constitution.
He is biased toward prolife, but will allow for prochoice where it doesn't impose proabortion.

Jobs for Vets to reform the VA and other institutions that need massive overhaul!

At least they know how the Electrical College works. As opposed to most of the clueless wags here.

Such as this clownstick:

From a Texas relative: The Texas Republican Party has stated that if Suprun persists in his plan to not vote for Trump, they are going to replace him.

Go find out what an elector actually does. Then waddle back here and essplain how the elector is "unfit".

I continue to sit and wait for an answer on that. Pothead ran away rather than defend his claim.

Electors are SWORN to vote in accordance to the results of the state, you ignorant fool.

"Sworn"?? :rofl: No Dumbass, they're not "sworn" to do shit. What would be the point of having a human do it if they were just gonna write down a predetermined outcome? Fuggin' moron.

Your refusal to accept the results of the election doesn't change reality, shitferbrains.

"Reality" is actually what I'm doing here, Cretin. You see, unlike whatever your species is, I actually understand how the EC works.

Fun fact -- although many states (at least 26) have laws against "faitlhless electing" --- fines and such --- none have ever been enforced.

Comrade shitferbrains, in the history of the nation, just HOW many times has there been "faithless electors?"

The answer is 3

Nope. The answer is 157. Which makes you wrong by a factor of 52. And a third.
Maybe you should look into using "The Google" for research instead of "Your Ass".

===========

==================

Such as this clownstick:

"Sworn"?? :rofl: No Dumbass, they're not "sworn" to do shit. What would be the point of having a human do it if they were just gonna write down a predetermined outcome? Fuggin' moron.

"Reality" is actually what I'm doing here, Cretin. You see, unlike whatever your species is, I actually understand how the EC works.

The answer is 3

Maybe you should look into using "The Google" for research instead of "Your Ass".

you're right, elections don't mean shit, just have the electoral college vote for whoever they want, good plan. Funny how democrats are always about the now.....they never use logic or look ahead.

===========

==================

Such as this clownstick:

The answer is 3

you're right, elections don't mean shit, just have the electoral college vote for whoever they want, good plan. Funny how democrats are always about the now.....they never use logic or look ahead.

I haven't said it's a "good" plan ---- matter of fact I've spent the last year railing against its many flaws.
But here I'm just stating how it works. Which is prolly why I'm against it.

You're right, elections don't mean shit. For POTUS they're not even required. Bread and circus for the unwashed who swallow illusions.

===========

==================

Such as this clownstick:

The answer is 3

Dear buckeye45_73
No, people generally trust electors to do their job and follow the will of the voters per state as planned, unless something goes so terribly wrong that the public will allow for corrections.

If the dissension is relative, then people generally trust that the majority of electors will check itself. It would have to be blatant and genuine danger or abuse to warrant an all out overriding of election results.

For people to answer to the dissension in this case, and keep it in check, that IS the electoral system at work. Both the dissension among Electors is allowed, to checks against abuses of the election system, and the checks against dissension from being abused to go too far either. Both are using the system to check itself. And both appeared to serve it's purpose of representing people's objections and counterarguments in the democratic process so people's right to petition is exercised civilly.

Last edited:

Such as this clownstick:

The answer is 3

Dear buckeye45_73
No, people generally trust electors to do their job and follow the will of the voters per state as planned, unless something goes so terribly wrong that the public will allow for corrections.

If the dissension is relative, then people generally trust that the majority of electors will check itself. It would have to be blatant and genuine danger or abuse to warrant an all out overriding of election results.

For people to answer to the dissension in this case, and keep it in check, that IS the electoral system at work. Both the dissension among Electors is allowed, to checks against abuses of the election system, and the checks against dissension from being abused to go too far either. Both are using the system to check itself. And both appeared to serve it's purpose of representing people's objections and counterarguments in the democratic process so people's right to petition is exercised civilly.

This made up Russian bullshit is just a last gasp.by the left. They have no decency or decorum. It will backfire, just like the recounts.

A glimmer of hope for lefties just before their hopes are dashed next monday. How much more disappointment can the crazy left take before they acknowledge the results of the election?

As far as I know Texas requires electors to vote as the state did. They take a pledge to do so. Suprun is breaking his pledge to vote the will of the state.

Think this was the guy I saw on Tucker Carlson the other day and Tucker couldn't get an answer out of him as to why he wasn't voting the way his State voted.

No they signed a pledge to vote the will of the State. And I find it absolutely appalling that this elector has the arrogance to break his pledge.

He's a lying piece of garbage. Like Kasich. The person he is voting for.

And to think that electors can and should go against the will of the people is outrageous. Faithless to be sure.

Actually the "will of the state" --- in this case Texas --- was, to be exact:

3,877,868 Clinton (43.2%)

4,685,047 Rump (52.2%)

406,311 Others (4.5%)

Texas has a total of 38 EVs. If they were apportioned per the "will of the state" the Electrical Vote would be:

Rump 20 EVs (rounded off)
Clinton 16 EVs
others 2 EVs

Seems to me "faithless" would more aptly describe a body that goes to Congress and says, "everybody in Texas done voted for the Orange Rumpy" when in fact they did no such thing.

But there's your "will of the state". Thank you for agreeing with what we critics of the EC have been saying all along. :thup:

===========

==================

Such as this clownstick:

The answer is 3

:lol:

You're such a fucking liar.

{Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.}

4,685,047 Rump (52.2%)

406,311 Others (4.5%)

Texas has a total of 38 EVs. If they were apportioned per the "will of the state" the Electrical Vote would be:

Clinton 16 EVs
others 2 EVs

Seems to me "faithless" would more aptly describe a body that goes to Congress and says, "everybody in Texas done voted for the Orange Rumpy" when in fact they did no such thing.

But there's your "will of the state". Thank you for agreeing with what we critics of the EC have been saying all along. :thup:

BUT your fantasy is not reality, so how it works is that;

Trump 38 EV's
Cuntfuck 0 EV's

Find yourself a safe place, snowflake.

No they signed a pledge to vote the will of the State. And I find it absolutely appalling that this elector has the arrogance to break his pledge.

And to think that electors can and should go against the will of the people is outrageous. Faithless to be sure.

4,685,047 Rump (52.2%)

406,311 Others (4.5%)

Clinton 16 EVs
others 2 EVs

I see a key word.....IF

Now come back to reality, its winner take all.

Even if done by congressional vote, who won, the pubs.....still a winner for Trump!

4,685,047 Rump (52.2%)

406,311 Others (4.5%)

Clinton 16 EVs
others 2 EVs

I see a key word.....IF

Even if done by congressional vote, who won, the pubs.....still a winner for Trump!

Hey I'm just running with Tinydancer's point --- "the will of the state". Thought I'd demonstrate what that will was, to the last vote. And what that will looks like translated into EVs.

She just demonstrated the glaring flaw in the EC that I've been pointing out since time began. And with this post ---- you did too.

Thanks for that.

===========

Yo, is Hillary trying to payoff these electors? She has the money from the Clinton Foundation to start buying them off?

"GTP"
View attachment 101119
GOP electors? I don't think she has enough money.

4,685,047 Rump (52.2%)

406,311 Others (4.5%)

Clinton 16 EVs
others 2 EVs

I see a key word.....IF

Hey I'm just running with Tinydancer's point --- "the will of the state". Thought I'd demonstrate what that will was, to the last vote. And what that will looks like translated into EVs.

She just demonstrated the glaring flaw in the EC that I've been pointing out since time began. And with this post ---- you did too.

Thanks for that.
dude read up on how it works. They will be GOP electors, not demturd ones. Why would they vote for hitlery? I mean really, are you that stupid?

Yo, is Hillary trying to payoff these electors? She has the money from the Clinton Foundation to start buying them off?
No, that would be George Soros...He paid good money to seal this election in his favor (to appoint the USSC Justices he wants to rule our nation with an iron fist) and by fucking GOD he's not going to be denied his Will...

Don't worry, Texas will appoint a new elector to fill the seat of the resigned one. So that's one gained (paid for?) electoral vote for Hillary she didn't have before..
you do know that each party has an elector right? come on man, get some fking brains.

As far as I know Texas requires electors to vote as the state did. They take a pledge to do so. Suprun is breaking his pledge to vote the will of the state.
Dear tinydancer according to this article, Texas does not mandate that. There are other states that fine Electors or replace them if they don't vote as the state voted.

It makes sense to me that the POINT of human Electors voting IS to check against some extreme case of fraud. If it were automatic we wouldn't need people, we'd just have a point system where the minute the candidate wins a majority of the state vote, the minute it's confirmed, then "automatically" the number of Electoral votes or points gets added to their score. We wouldn't need humans to vote. The point of that is to allow one more check.

So in case something goes wrong like in other countries how an oppressive dictator forces everyone to vote for them or die, if corruption that bad were to skew the votes by force, for example, the Electors could still check against that abuse.

Is the will of the people in any way like the popular vote? Sorry, can't have it both ways, trailer trash.
yep, in the state of the elector and in 30 states, the majority voted trump in their popular vote. which wins the electors from the state. fk, learn the system already.

No, that would be George Soros...He paid good money to seal this election in his favor (to appoint the USSC Justices he wants to rule our nation with an iron fist) and by fucking GOD he's not going to be denied his Will...

Don't worry, Texas will appoint a new elector to fill the seat of the resigned one. So that's one gained (paid for?) electoral vote for Hillary she didn't have before..

The problem.is the governor would appointments the elector, i dont think hes appointing democrats

===========

==================

Meh, one less establishment hack.

Forum List

Back