🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Electors (R) TX, NOT Voting for Trump - Fox News

[

And what electoral kool aid would that be, hm?

Hey Pogo you old paint huffer, want to do an avie bet? If the electors steal the election, I have to use the avie of your choice for 6 months, otherwise I pick your avie for then next 6 months?

I mean, you KNOW that the electors won't elect Trump... unless you're just trolling, that is...

Federal judge in Colorado just ruled that Electors must vote for who they represent or face arrest.

Federal judge in Colorado just ruled that Electors must vote for who they represent or face arrest.

BREAKING: Purple People of Uranus invade earth; Washington and Moscow in flames

I don't have a link either. That's the Old Way.

By the way would you like to see a list of all the faithless elector arrests in history?

Here they are:

Pretty impressive. I sure wouldn't want to take the risk.

By the way would you like to see a list of all the faithless elector arrests in history?

Here they are:

FACING arrest can turn the faithless into holy rollers. And everybody knows Uranians ain't purple...the drug years sure took a toll on you. This is a chance to use my pogo stick smiley and one must take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

Pogo_Stick.gif

Yeah that guy wrote an editorial a couple of days ago.. His whole statement is here.

>> The United States was set up as a republic. Alexander Hamilton provided a blueprint for states’ votes. Federalist 68 argued that an Electoral College should determine if candidates are qualified, not engaged in demagogy, and independent from foreign influence. Mr. Trump shows us again and again that he does not meet these standards. Given his own public statements, it isn’t clear how the Electoral College can ignore these issues, and so it should reject him.

.... Fifteen years ago, I swore an oath to defend my country and Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. On Dec. 19, I will do it again. <<​

Yo, what happen when they elected Obama?

"GTP"

Nothing. Nobody came up with this kind of objection. About either candidate.

"GFY"

That's because Republicans are simply a better class of people than are Democrats. They don't run around protesting and showing their collective asses the way the Democrats do.
Suuure... uh-huh.....

2009-09-12-washington-tea-party-rally-258.jpg

Here they are:

FACING arrest can turn the faithless into holy rollers. And everybody knows Uranians ain't purple...the drug years sure took a toll on you. This is a chance to use my pogo stick smiley and one must take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

Pogo_Stick.gif

That would just make me ignorant, since my handle has nothing in the world to do with sticks. Or games, which I didn't even know existed when I assumed it.

My point stands, Uranian strawmen or no. They wouldn't be "facing arrest" and if they did it would be easy meat for any Constitutional lawyer --- which is why after over 150 "faithless" electors, zero have been prosecuted or charged. Because the entire purpose of the EC describes a deliberative body, with discretion to second-guess a choice where, say, a manipulative charlatan hoodwinked the unwashed, or, say, a chosen candidate was known to have potentially dependent ties to a foreign government --- both of which were described in the making of the EC as concerns, and both of which apply to the instant case.

You can't be a "deliberative" body if your decision is predetermined by law. You don''t even need human participation to do that -- you just do the math. That means in effect such a state law is circumventing the Constitution. And that's why a Constitutional lawyer would eat this up --- that law would be obliterated. And the states know it, which is why they've never challenged themselves by enforcing one. So they simply use it as coercion to do the state's bidding, as you just did, knowing that they can't possibly make it stick.

I'd add that the term "faithless elector" is an oxymoron. The term should be "conscientious elector" since the latter describes a process where the elector actually thought about it ---- which is exactly what they're supposed to be doing under the purpose of the EC ---- rather than being a pointless rubber stamp.

Last edited:
From a Texas relative: The Texas Republican Party has stated that if Suprun persists in his plan to not vote for Trump, they are going to replace him.

As they should. The electors should vote as their State voted.

And as we noted before, in the case of Texas, "as their state voted" means:

Rump 52.2%
Clinton 43.2%

Based on a total of 38 EVs that gives:
Rump 20 EVs (19.8 rounded up)
Clinton 16 EVs (16.4 rounded down)
-- with two left over for "others"

You can't be a "deliberative" body if your decision is predetermined by law. You don''t even need human participation to do that -- you just do the math. That means in effect such a state law is circumventing the Constitution. And that's why a Constitutional lawyer would eat this up --- that law would be obliterated. And the states know it, which is why they've never challenged themselves by enforcing one. So they simply use it as coercion to do the state's bidding, as you just did, knowing that they can't possibly make it stick.

The overwhelming majority of EC meetings have rubber-stamped the people's will. THIS TIME, with the scurrilous attempt to threaten them and subvert the process, state laws will be applied if necessary. The states with elector laws can either fine or replace an elector who goes rogue. I know you still see a glimmer of hope here but it's a mirage. Electors aren't chosen for their independence.....they are there to finalize the voters' choice and that choice is Trump.

Here they are:

I assume you wept for days after the election?

You will have another such day this coming Tuesday. Your fantasy is just that, a fantasy. It will not happen.

Here they are:

You will have another such day this coming Tuesday. Your fantasy is just that, a fantasy. It will not happen.

Being wrong the last time never makes them question the next time, does it?

From a Texas relative: The Texas Republican Party has stated that if Suprun persists in his plan to not vote for Trump, they are going to replace him.

Rump 52.2%
Clinton 43.2%

As we noted before, you lack any grip on reality.

Trump 38 EVs (38 rounded not at all)
Cuntfuck 0 EVs (0 rounded down by the square root of your delusion.)

Here they are:

You assume much, Grass Huffer. To date none has been accurate.

This ain't a new topic for me. I've been focused on this for a year. You could look it up.

Rump 52.2%
Clinton 43.2%

As we noted before, you lack any grip on reality.

Trump 38 EVs (38 rounded not at all)
Cuntfuck 0 EVs (0 rounded down by the square root of your delusion.)

And I quote the certified Texas results:

Clinton ....................................3,877,868

Rump......................................4,685,047

Others (not specified)............406,311

That's 43.2%, 52.2% and 4.5% respectively. Prove me wrong.

The overwhelming majority of EC meetings have rubber-stamped the people's will. THIS TIME, with the scurrilous attempt to threaten them and subvert the process, state laws will be applied if necessary. The states with elector laws can either fine or replace an elector who goes rogue. I know you still see a glimmer of hope here but it's a mirage. Electors aren't chosen for their independence.....they are there to finalize the voters' choice and that choice is Trump.

Got nothing to do with "hope" or any kind of prediction. I'm stating what the Constitution set up,

I don't give a flying fuck what the "routine" is or who "expects" what. Rather I'm describing why an elector has not only the right but the Constitutional duty to deliberate ---- and why toothless robot laws have never been enforced. Which they haven't .... again, prove me wrong.

Got nothing to do with "hope" or any kind of prediction. I'm stating what the Constitution set up,

I don't give a flying fuck what the "routine" is or who "expects" what. Rather I'm describing why an elector has not only the right but the Constitutional duty to deliberate ---- and why toothless robot laws have never been enforced. Which they haven't .... again, prove me wrong.

What did he say you disagree with? What he said is totally correct

Forum List

Back