Electric vehicle subsidies under threat. MAGA

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
"President Donald Trump has threatened to kill one of the signature efforts of the Obama administration, but today White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow confirmed it: Trump will end subsidies for electric cars.

The move, which Kudlow said would happen in 2020 or 2021, covers other items including renewable energy sources. He revealed he plans in response to a question about what the administration plans to do in response to General Motors’ recently revealed plant closings and employee layoffs."

Trump to End Electric Vehicle Subsidies by 2021 | TheDetroitBureau.com

Trump will end subsidies for electric cars.

I just had a small orgasm.

o-face1.png

Meanwhile China is giving like 80% subsidies on electric cars and they expect to sell 10 million in the next year. Luckily at least Obama got our electric cars, solar and wind energy up and running... Republicans are so dumb and greedy.

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president. An inauguration that will no doubt be much bigger than Trump's. I wouldn't be surprised if that Nobel Prize is awarded on election night.

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president.

So, they won't be adopted unless the taxpayers subsidize them?

Gasoline powered cars wouldn't have been accepted without tax payers subsidizing the oil companies. There were no fueling stations and no infrastructure to keep them supplied, and very few suitable roads for cars. Without a concentrated effort by the government to support oil companies and car manufacturers with huge grants and tax incentives, we wouldn't have become the industrial giant we became in the early 20th century.

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president.

So, they won't be adopted unless the taxpayers subsidize them?

Gasoline powered cars wouldn't have been accepted without tax payers subsidizing the oil companies. There were no fueling stations and no infrastructure to keep them supplied, and very few suitable roads for cars. Without a concentrated effort by the government to support oil companies and car manufacturers with huge grants and tax incentives, we wouldn't have become the industrial giant we became in the early 20th century.

FDR's depression-era National Recovery Act granted lucrative federal contracts and some subsidies to that era's auto industry.

Yet another example of Trump's contempt for sound responsible governance and public policy.
I thought you clowns were against corporate welfare?

Throwing money at huge corporations that don't need it and won't invest it to help the country is called corporate welfare. Grants to companies that invest in developing things we need is called priming the pump.

Gasoline powered cars wouldn't have been accepted without tax payers subsidizing the oil companies.

Hmmmmm... seems Shell forgot to send me my check for buying a car ... can you tell me where to write for my money?

Folks, small windmills on top of electric cars could actually help power the cars, and the leftover energy could be used to support the coal plants (or nuke plants) that supply the electricity to charge the electric car batteries. Folks as Donkey Face Cow Farts said we need to innovate innovation that has never been innovated! :p

"President Donald Trump has threatened to kill one of the signature efforts of the Obama administration, but today White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow confirmed it: Trump will end subsidies for electric cars.

The move, which Kudlow said would happen in 2020 or 2021, covers other items including renewable energy sources. He revealed he plans in response to a question about what the administration plans to do in response to General Motors’ recently revealed plant closings and employee layoffs."

pohahahahaa while other countries are going forward trump is dragging the US backwards.

It might delay widespread use of electric cars for a little while, but Trump won't be president much longer, and we can return to sanity with the inauguration of our next president. An inauguration that will no doubt be much bigger than Trump's. I wouldn't be surprised if that Nobel Prize is awarded on election night.

I bought a Volt, and own a Volt with no subsidy because it was a dealer demo and they already took the subsidy, many many Chevy dealerships made bank on the subsidy. Also in my so called blue state I pay an extra $150 every two years to own an electric car over a gas vehicle.

Also green car sales went up over last year and the only benefit the rich that can afford the upgrade to electric and aren’t we all against getting any tax breaks?

pohahahahaa while other countries are going forward trump is dragging the US backwards.

Why can’t we go forward without subsidies for the rich that get the tax breaks as they are about the only ones that own one. I like my Volt but I never got a subsidy and I pay more to tag my vehicle.

Do we really need the subsidies when sales are going up?

Good.

Rarely, but on occasion the silly bastard gets something right. Following up and actually doing what he says he will do is not a strong suit with this lot.

Electric vehicles are anything but Green without going into detail. Next, Elon Musk will create a perpetional motion machine which violates all three laws of Thermodynamics. I can't spell that word but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

The government should not be handing out tax breaks for buying any car

Forum List

Back