Elena Kagan to be nominated for supreme court

Along with the usual RW echo chamber - as predicted - another loonie posts this:

ihopehefails posts:
"How can Obama pick this person for the Supreme Court?

"Why Obama is picking this new person to be on the supreme court is beyond me. Doesn't anyone see the conflict of interest of having a member of the prosecuting team be on the supreme court. Every case that is going to be argued will have a supreme court justice that has sympathies for the prosecuting team. This would not be a fair and balanced jury in any case"

Can someone on the right please explain (he is one of yours)?

Along with the usual RW echo chamber ... we have Wry Catcher, member in good standing of the leftwing echo chamber.

A lot more oxygen would enter your head if you pulled it out Obama's ass.

He's right. She puts the UGH in Ugly.

Is she the UGLIEST nominee ever?

I hear Obama is going to nominate Rachel Maddow for something next....
What do you have against Maddow? She's a Rhodes Scholar with a doctorate from Oxford.
I think Rachel enjoys her job exposing Cons for their dishonesty. She backs it all up with facts. Video is something Cons apparently are still unaware of.

Is she the UGLIEST nominee ever?

What do you have against Maddow? She's a Rhodes Scholar with a doctorate from Oxford.
I think Rachel enjoys her job exposing Cons for their dishonesty. She backs it all up with facts. Video is something Cons apparently are still unaware of.

Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar too. And he also liked the bearded clam. But that doesn't mean he had any sense or was worth listening to.

Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar too. And he also liked the bearded clam. But that doesn't mean he had any sense or was worth listening to.

:eek::rofl:

Not to mention supporting her for Solicitor General is a long ways from supporting her for the Supreme Court. She has NEVER been a Judge. She is NOT qualified.

would you have been as critical of Eisenhower for nominating Earl Warren who had NEVER been a judge, only a state attorney general and governor?

How about when Nixon nominated Rehnquist who had NEVER been a judge, only been an assistant US attorney general?

were both of them NOT qualified?

One does not need to be on the bench to understand constitutional law, although it is preferred IMO.

At the very least not having a record for Kagan will increase the drama of her nomination.

Not to mention supporting her for Solicitor General is a long ways from supporting her for the Supreme Court. She has NEVER been a Judge. She is NOT qualified.

would you have been as critical of Eisenhower for nominating Earl Warren who had NEVER been a judge, only a state attorney general and governor?

How about when Nixon nominated Rehnquist who had NEVER been a judge, only been an assistant US attorney general?

Shit. Now you've done it. Don't ever confuse the RGS with facts. Don't you understand the danger of confronting RW Fringers with the contradiction between their faith and fact? Are you insane?
Better to respond as I do: "Thanks for sharing, have a nice day". It's much safer and you're less likely to be called a libtard or worse.

At least one lib blogger (Glenn Greenwald) has argued that the Dems should make Kagan their own Harriet Miers.

How is it not OK for her to be left of you in her politics?

If she was right leaning you would say she was fine.

Do you think left leaning people should be banned from the SCOTUS?

Not necessarily, but since she has committed actions against our military while we are at war she belongs in Gitmo not on the bench.

That statement qualifies Defiant for a one-time trip to gitmo.

You are insane

None of the 3 of you should be allowed to vote.

If I told you what I do for a living, you would shit your pants.

Eisenhower had this country's best interests in mind when he chose Earl Warren.

Dude looks like a lady....err wait

Attachments

• $Kagan_James.JPG
    $Kagan_James.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 43

Forum List

Back