Emigration from Canada to the U.S. hits a 10-year high as tens of thousands head south

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It used to be the brain drain. This continues definitely, but now ambitious people and those with means are abandoning the Police State. I imagine you will prosper by taking some of our most intelligent citizens. A 70% increase over just a decade and as I have promised, this WILL continue, in spite of some on here who suggest otherwise.

I'm one of many victims. People instinctively know that something is amiss here even if they aren't fully aware of how perverse the police state is in their lives and career pursuits.

I warned CSIS and the federal government going back more than a decade ago. Here we are...

Tens of thousands of Canadians are emigrating from Canada to the United States and the number of people packing up and moving south has hit a level not seen in 10 years or more, according to data compiled by CBC News.

There's nothing new about Canadians moving south of the 49th parallel for love, work or warmer weather, but the latest figures from the American Community Survey (ACS) suggest it's now happening at a much higher rate than the historical average.

The ACS, which is conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, says the number of people moving from Canada to the U.S. hit 126,340 in 2022. That's an increase of nearly 70 per cent over the 75,752 people who made the move in 2012

The streets could be paved with gold, but the cold weather would still be enough to keep me away.

The streets could be paved with gold, but the cold weather would still be enough to keep me away.

We are a Police State. Some of you are supporting us without truly appreciating how diabolical, dishonest and how much they manufacture crimes among our kids to create "permanent, perpetual business for our covert police apparatuses".

As such, the number of Canadians who head to the U.S will continue. Hopefully American officials understand that people leaving here are similar to those who left East Germany for freedom in the West.

There was a time Canadian politicians would scream "we are the best nation on earth". This was customary.

I don't hear politicians at ANY level trying to gaslight us like this today. People vote with their feet...

It used to be the brain drain. This continues definitely, but now ambitious people and those with means are abandoning the Police State. I imagine you will prosper by taking some of our most intelligent citizens. A 70% increase over just a decade and as I have promised, this WILL continue, in spite of some on here who suggest otherwise.

I'm one of many victims. People instinctively know that something is amiss here even if they aren't fully aware of how perverse the police state is in their lives and career pursuits.

I warned CSIS and the federal government going back more than a decade ago. Here we are...

Tens of thousands of Canadians are emigrating from Canada to the United States and the number of people packing up and moving south has hit a level not seen in 10 years or more, according to data compiled by CBC News.

There's nothing new about Canadians moving south of the 49th parallel for love, work or warmer weather, but the latest figures from the American Community Survey (ACS) suggest it's now happening at a much higher rate than the historical average.

The ACS, which is conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau, says the number of people moving from Canada to the U.S. hit 126,340 in 2022. That's an increase of nearly 70 per cent over the 75,752 people who made the move in 2012
Wut keeps you living there?

Wut keeps you living there?
Lack of money. If I can sell my home I will need to pay for real health care in the U.S, I will probably purchase insurance before hand and see if I can save some money I don't know.

Forum List

Back