mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
What a freakshow:

jillsoloway_jeffreytambor_emmys.jpg

Emmy Winners Bash Donald Trump Backstage: ‘A Dangerous Monster’

You’ve heard the Emmy winners’ official acceptance speeches, but backstage was their chance to cut loose and perhaps weigh in on their heart’s desire. And apparently, it was time to get political, specifically, anti-Donald Trump. Check out what the winners said about the Republican nominee below.

Jill Soloway, who had won for her comedy directing on “Transparent,” was the first to take the opportunity to speak out against Trump, whom she called, “a dangerous monster. Every chance I get to call Trump out as an inheritor to Hitler, I will.”

READ MORE: Emmys 2016: Check Out All the Red Carpet Looks

“He’s Otherizing people,” she said. “He calls women pigs if they don’t look like beauty pageant contestants. He blames Muslims and Mexicans for our problems. He makes fun of disabled people. This is Otherizing with a capital ‘O.’ He needs to be called out.”

Similarly horrified by Trump was “Veep” EP David Mandel, who declined to even give a name to the Republican presidential nominee and only referred to him as “that madman threatening Hillary Clinton.” Mandel added that “the discourse in this campaign is horrific” and urged everyone to vote and not to choose a third party in order to “avoid some white supremacists.”

READ MORE: Emmys 2016: Host Jimmy Kimmel’s Best Jokes

John Oliver, who won for Outstanding Variety Talk Series for “Last Week Tonight,” was also to the point. When a reporter prompted him, “Donald Trump. Go,” Oliver replied, “Donald Trump, go? Sure, I’ll agree with that.” Later, when asked if he felt his coverage was responsible for Trump’s rise, Oliver said, “No, no of course I fucking don’t.”

The Emmy'so are irrelevant since 1959 and are simply a waste of valuable time on the net.
Most of the crap they have on is unwatchable.

And the commercials are just plain obnoxious.

My favorite shows don't come on enough, so I buy the DVDs.

1. Big Bang Theory
  2. Modern Family
  3. Parks & Recreation

Everything else is really bad.

The Emmy'so are irrelevant since 1959 and are simply a waste of valuable time on the net.

1. Big Bang Theory
  2. Modern Family
  3. Parks & Recreation

I like some of the shit I'm seeing on Netflix, and they're cartoons.

F is for Family is funny, and I laugh my ass off at BrickleBerry.

Big Bang is funny too, because they don't inject libturd politics into it all the time.

My advice, don't even bother to watch these shows any more. You know going in where they all stand politically, so all's you're going to do is be annoyed the entire time.

1. Big Bang Theory
  2. Modern Family
  3. Parks & Recreation

modern family has gotten fairly bad the last couple of years.....

Hollywood glitterati telling themselves how wonderful they all are.

Forum List

Back