Entire county clerk office resigns over SSM

They're standing on their principles, and doing more than just spouting off. The left should respect that.

I do respect that

If your principles say you can't do your job, you should quit
And if that's a brand new concept forced on you by the federal government's new official cult (LGBT) then you should get together with fellow Christian clerks an do a class action lawsuit to recover income, retirement and medical you had banked you would have for life.

These clerks didn't choose to quit. They were FORCED to quit by a terrible catch-22 "your immortal soul death & keep your job or choose your soul and be fired"

This is taking a stance in your beliefs.

ENTIRE COUNTY CLERK OFFICE RESIGNS OVER SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

Entire County Clerk Office Resigns Over Same-Sex Marriage - Breitbart

Hope they issue a Marriage License before July 14 2015 and then deny a Same Sex Couple their license because they will be brought to court.

As for them quitting it is a great day in America when bigots are rooted out of our civil service pool...
You don't know the definition of bigotry otherwise you would realize the bigots are those who do not allow dissent. Like you. There is nothing bigoted about being against homo marriage.

This is taking a stance in your beliefs.

ENTIRE COUNTY CLERK OFFICE RESIGNS OVER SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

Entire County Clerk Office Resigns Over Same-Sex Marriage - Breitbart

Hope they issue a Marriage License before July 14 2015 and then deny a Same Sex Couple their license because they will be brought to court.

As for them quitting it is a great day in America when bigots are rooted out of our civil service pool...
You don't know the definition of bigotry otherwise you would realize the bigots are those who do not allow dissent. Like you.

The word bigot has become as impotent as the word racist. The left loons wore it out. Just laugh at the simpletons

Didn't 5 old men and women strike down marriage laws? How can any state issue a marriage license since 5 old men and women struck down standing law? These people are just following the decision of 5 old men and women to its logical conclusion.
No, marriage laws were not 'struck down,' measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to existing marriage laws were invalidated by the Supreme Court as authorized by Articles III and VI of the Constitution; state measures that violated the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the 14th Amendment. State marriage laws remain in effect and accessible to gay Americans.

The 14th Amendment jurisprudence rendering state measures denying same-sex couples access to marriage law invalid is settled, accepted, and long-standing – it was the task of the Court to examine the constitutionality of those measures in the context of that long-standing jurisprudence.

Obergefell is the progeny of appropriately and consistently applied due process and equal protection case law dating back to Brown v. Board of Education, to Cooper v. Aaron, Griswold, Loving, Zablocki, Casey, Romer, and Lawrence – where states sought to deny citizens their inalienable rights in violation of the 14th Amendment.

Name one state law, other then the 16 that rightfully changed their law, that defines marriage as anything other then the traditional definition of marriage. So, does this mean that the 16 states that changed their laws were doing so when they really didn't need to? And those laws still standing that does not mention two men or two women but do name a man and a woman are now invalid? 16 states saw the need to change their laws, seems to me that is what the SCOTUS' decision would indicate. The Loving decision was different in that in effect it was deciding if a black man was equal to a white man, which after the racism of the democrat party was beat out of them was the law of the land. So Loving did not change state laws it merely defined the law. Gay marriage redefines state law because you can't make the definition of a woman the same as a man, there is a difference if you had not noticed.

And don't think I ever thought that 5 old men and women would have decided otherwise.

The really funny part is that the states were slowly swinging the way of agreement with gay marriage. But doing it the proper way isn't nearly as much fun as forced compliance.
Ever hear of separate but equal..?? The GOP had no qualms about that social tier...with blacks and other minorities...
Umm.. Democrats brought us separate but equal after attempting to write their own Constitution. The Confederate one.

Three words suffice to remedy the woes discussed in this thread: CLASS-ACTION-LAWSUIT against the fed. This catch-22 was not a voluntary quit. It was a forced-quit. Someone will have to compensate these clerks. Maybe George Soros would like to pony up the funds?

They're standing on their principles, and doing more than just spouting off. The left should respect that.

I do respect that

If your principles say you can't do your job, you should quit
And if that's a brand new concept forced on you by the federal government's new official cult (LGBT) then you should get together with fellow Christian clerks an do a class action lawsuit to recover income, retirement and medical you had banked you would have for life.

These clerks didn't choose to quit. They were FORCED to quit by a terrible catch-22 "your immortal soul death & keep your job or choose your soul and be fired"
:rofl:
Go for it. I can't wait to see how it turns out for you and your fellow cult members. Oh never mind. We know how it'll turn out.

Three words suffice to remedy the woes discussed in this thread: CLASS-ACTION-LAWSUIT against the fed. This catch-22 was not a voluntary quit. It was a forced-quit. Someone will have to compensate these clerks. Maybe George Soros would like to pony up the funds?
Nobody will have to compensate them. They voluntarily quit. They refused to do their job. Fuck 'em.

A stripper that doesn't take his/her clothes off doesn't have a job. Period. They quit b/c they couldn't do the job they were paid to do. Too bad, so sad.

A stripper that doesn't take his/her clothes off doesn't have a job. Period. They quit b/c they couldn't do the job they were paid to do. Too bad, so sad.

The government added SSM to the mix, that goes against their religious beliefs. I suspect they have a case

The government added SSM to the mix, that goes against their religious beliefs. I suspect they have a case

They do not have a case...at all. Though I do admire them for leaving their jobs and standing up for what they believe in. Has any of them sued yet? I am not sure.

Suspect all you like. We all know your track record. You've been wrong at every turn so far.

They do not have a case...at all. Though I do admire them for leaving their jobs and standing up for what they believe in. Has any of them sued yet? I am not sure.

Sure they do. The job duties changed, something that goes against their religious convictions and beliefs was added. I have no idea if they sued.

Sure they do. The job duties changed, something that goes against their religious convictions and beliefs was added. I have no idea if they sued.

It isn't their job to judge those whom are getting married. It is their job to file forms and if they cannot do so then they should find another job. It appears they did. They don't have a legal leg to stand on.

It isn't their job to judge those whom are getting married. It is their job to file forms and if they cannot do so then they should find another job. It appears they did. They don't have a legal leg to stand on.

We'll see. I think they have a very good case, my husband the attorney does also

We'll see. I think they have a very good case, my husband the attorney does also

I suppose we will see. Either way it be should interesting.

I suppose we will see. Either way it be should interesting.

They may not even file suit.

Nobody was forced to quit. If your religion is more important to you than your job....you have to go with your priorities

What if the clerks were Muslim and felt they needed to enforce Sharia?

Forum List

Back