Entire county clerk office resigns over SSM

What's "true" is you never been in a fight, boy. Not a single fucking one. I know that because you're a coward plain and simple....a yellow bitch hiding behind an MP arm band pulling rank on a guys who'd rip your fucking head off one on one. You talk shit but you never show up.

:rofl: Hey Bull go ask the guys in your imaginary unit you "served" in who the last guy anyone wanted to fuck with was. Answer, the MP.

Now, call me a coward some more , it makes you look like a real man LOL

It's not you they were worried about,it's the power that backs you up.
All cops seem to have this fantasy that they're bad assess because people dont want to go to jail.
Pretty pathetic really.

LOL no MPs aren't like civilian cops, you won't see MPs that shouldn't be in uniform the way you civilian cops.

Oh sure some of the upper rank officers get soft when they get in their late 40s and 50s , but the guys and gals who are out making the arrests . Yeah the rank and file dont fuck with them.

Yeah...and the people you were charged with watching over were a bunch of slobs?

Of course they weren't. Never said they were.

Respectable people fear the cops for one reason.
They dont want to lose their job,home or their family to the court system.
As can been seen when losers shoot or otherwise fuck up cops,because they have nothing to lose.

OK, let's start with these county clerks getting Uncle Sam to pay for severence because when they took the job/career, they had no earthly idea that they'd have to choose between it and going to Heaven.

I wonder how many right wing loons here have heckeled gay weddings this past week or so?

I'm guessing the number is between zero and zero.

Aren't you violating your contract with God Almighty by standing by and doing nothing? I mean, c'mon, man up and show us what kind of Christians you are!!!

I wonder how many right wing loons here have heckeled gay weddings this past week or so?

Aren't you violating your contract with God Almighty by standing by and doing nothing? I mean, c'mon, man up and show us what kind of Christians you are!!!
Would shooting a couple fags satisfy you? How about nailing them to a cross? Too Jewish?

Last edited:
This is taking a stance in your beliefs.

ENTIRE COUNTY CLERK OFFICE RESIGNS OVER SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

Entire County Clerk Office Resigns Over Same-Sex Marriage - Breitbart

Hope they issue a Marriage License before July 14 2015 and then deny a Same Sex Couple their license because they will be brought to court.

As for them quitting it is a great day in America when bigots are rooted out of our civil service pool...

No same-sex marriage licenses are being issued in Decatur County, Tennessee, because the entire county clerk’s office has resigned following the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope explained her decision to quit her elected post. “It’s for the glory of God. He’s going to get all the glory,” she told WBIR.

Pope asserted she would rather resign than submit to issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She and her two staff members, Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler, have all quit for the same reason. Their last day of work is July 14.

The TV station indicates the phone in the Decatur County Clerk Office “rang nonstop” as “[o]ver and over again, people praised the decision of the three workers who have decided to step down from their positions rather than hand out same-sex marriage licenses.”

Good for them

All deeply religious people should do the same......resign rather than force your religious views on others

New job openings for those who really want to work.

Or be part of the perversion.

Crotch sniffer.

C'mon now....they're working their little fingers to the bone! :D

Last edited:
Here is what people do not consider - because the spiritual realm is invisible to the naked eye. There are angels that are recording every word we say, every thought we entertain, every action we make. All of our words, deeds and actions are being recorded.

With that said, Lass, Satan who is our adversary is also using his own demons to record every word we say and every action we take - so that he may use it against us when he goes before God to accuse us. Satan doesn't accuse us of what we haven't done but what we have done - he uses the Word of God like a lawyer uses a law book before a righteous Judge in a court of law.

Example: Satan will say to God, Your Word says, The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. This person who claims he is one of your children is defending homosexuality and homosexual marriage on a message board, he is misprepresenting your word in his posts and accusing your obedient children of error and I've found him regularly standing with the wicked which you warn against in your Word. Your word rules in Psalm 1:6 that the ungodly shall perish.

And again I remind you of your Word which says that the wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips! And again your Word says that a faithful witness will not lie but a false witness will utter lies. I find this man is returning evil for good too! He is is rewarding evil for good and your word says that whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. Because of all these things - I have grounds to destroy this mans house and take his life. I am hereby petitioning you now to permit me to send my own workers to do a home invasion on his house and kill him. You said the wicked shall be turned into hell. I am petitioning to take him to hell now.

The LORD may say, I grant the petition or he may say to Satan - you cannot kill him but you can attack his body, destroy his house, take everything he has and cause him serious injury. But you cannot take his life.

______
This goes on every single day whether people realize it or not. We are being judged by our words, our thoughts and our deeds. (Satan cannot read our minds but the LORD can and if our thoughts are impure and un- repented of - they will send us to hell as easily as a sin committed in the flesh would. Remember that the man who lusted in his heart after a woman had committed adultery even as if he had done it in the flesh - Jesus said ).

So while some people who call themselves Christians desire to be "popular" - part of the "in - Crowd" it would be wise for them to consider that by compromising the Word of God and defending evil with their own tongue / writings - they are leaving themselves wide open for an attack from Satan.

To the person who uses the terminology a "real Christian" and then claims it is one who does not speak out against sin. I have news for you. The Satanists and Witches that visit this board know full well who the "real Christians" are because they are unable to touch them, to attack them, to prevail against them. They avoid the "real Christians" because they know they are asking for trouble.

In closing the story of these clerks quitting their jobs has already been recorded in heaven and I believe God counts it an act of righteousness. Good for them. I also believe that God will count it as an act of righteousness to make a thread about it and applaud those who stand up for the Word of God and walk it out - with their feet! Bless you, Lass.

Find and dandy, doesn't change the fact that we don't limit rights in this country based on what some people is right or holy.

The Supreme Court broke the law. It wasn't their place to rule against the constitution nor was it their place to change the laws of this land - it wasn't their place to decide at all, Bear. With that said, the only thing these workers could do was to quit their job. Abortion is legal too. It's still murder and no Christian would work in an abortion clinic either.

U.S. Law isn't base on your guy hanging on two sticks

Actually our founding fathers would disagree with you. The Laws of this land can be found in the Bible. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness (in a courtroom its called perjury) and these are commandments that were given to Moses by the LORD.

It is written:

Search the Scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life, and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
I receive not honour from men. But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not, if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

How can you believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father, there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust, For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

- Jesus Christ
John 5:39-47

Again, murdering, stealing, and perjury affect the rights of others.

How does gay marriage affect your rights? If the answer is it doesnt, and let's be clear it doesn't, then you have no right to make it illegal.
It's a perversion of our society. Ruinous in fact. At no other time in world history was this ever allowed.

It's a perversion of our society. Ruinous in fact. At no other time in world history was this ever allowed.

I'm still searching for how, legally, gay behaviors are "more special than other behaviors". Because voters in each state self-rule. And the only reason to self-rule IS behaviors. So now that behaviors have special protection from the majority, and no one person can be superior to another legally (equality), the right to regulate behaviors has been removed from the voters. Put more succinctly, the right to self-rule has been removed from the voters. That's a BRAND NEW addition to the Constitution. Last Friday's Ruling was unconstitutional for at least three reasons:

1. It made a certain type of person-doing-behaviors more superior to all others. (For instance, polygamists and incest people can't marry now)

2. It removed the right of states to self-govern.

3. This was done by the judicial branch of government; which is disallowed. Only Congress may make substantive changes to the foundation of the Constitution.

I'm still searching for how, legally, gay behaviors are "more special than other behaviors". Because voters in each state self-rule. And the only reason to self-rule IS behaviors. So now that behaviors have special protection from the majority, and no one person can be superior to another legally (equality), the right to regulate behaviors has been removed from the voters. Put more succinctly, the right to self-rule has been removed from the voters. That's a BRAND NEW addition to the Constitution. Last Friday's Ruling was unconstitutional for at least three reasons:

1. It made a certain type of person-doing-behaviors more superior to all others. (For instance, polygamists and incest people can't marry now)

3. This was done by the judicial branch of government; which is disallowed. Only Congress may make substantive changes to the foundation of the Constitution.
How is equal "more special"?

Didn't 5 old men and women strike down marriage laws? How can any state issue a marriage license since 5 old men and women struck down standing law? These people are just following the decision of 5 old men and women to its logical conclusion.

"Entire office resigns" reads a lot better than 3 bigots in bumfuck Tennessee huh. :)

SILHOUETTE SAID:

'I'm still searching for how, legally, gay behaviors are "more special than other behaviors".'

No you're not – you couldn't care less; the legal basis affording gay Americans Constitutional protections has been cited for you scores of times and you elect to ignore it each and every time.

SILHOUETTE SAID:

“Last Friday's Ruling was unconstitutional for at least three reasons:

It made a certain type of person-doing-behaviors more superior to all others. (For instance, polygamists and incest people can't marry now)”

Wrong.

They can't marry because they're not eligible to enter into marriage contracts, unlike same-sex couples, where same-sex couples were eligible to enter into marriage contracts before the ruling.

SILHOUETTE SAID:

“It removed the right of states to self-govern.”

Nonsense.

This issue had nothing to do with states 'self-governing,' the states are at liberty to pass whatever laws they wish, provided they allow the American citizens residing in the states access to those laws they're eligible to participate in, such as gay Americans access to marriage law.

SILHOUETTE SAID:

“This was done by the judicial branch of government; which is disallowed. Only Congress may make substantive changes to the foundation of the Constitution.”

Ignorant tripe.

What's disallowed is denying gay Americans access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in, the states have no authority to deny citizens their civil rights, and it is indeed the role of the judicial branch of government to invalidate measures clearly repugnant to the Constitution, such as measures denying same-sex couples due process and equal protection of the law.

The states have only themselves to blame for their un-Constitutional measures being invalidated, had they simply obeyed the 14th Amendment and allowed same-sex couples access to marriage law, there would be no reason to involve the courts.

How is equal "more special"?
You know that freedom and equality is only fer certain folk in the US...

Didn't 5 old men and women strike down marriage laws? How can any state issue a marriage license since 5 old men and women struck down standing law? These people are just following the decision of 5 old men and women to its logical conclusion.
No, marriage laws were not 'struck down,' measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to existing marriage laws were invalidated by the Supreme Court as authorized by Articles III and VI of the Constitution; state measures that violated the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the 14th Amendment. State marriage laws remain in effect and accessible to gay Americans.

The 14th Amendment jurisprudence rendering state measures denying same-sex couples access to marriage law invalid is settled, accepted, and long-standing – it was the task of the Court to examine the constitutionality of those measures in the context of that long-standing jurisprudence.

Obergefell is the progeny of appropriately and consistently applied due process and equal protection case law dating back to Brown v. Board of Education, to Cooper v. Aaron, Griswold, Loving, Zablocki, Casey, Romer, and Lawrence – where states sought to deny citizens their inalienable rights in violation of the 14th Amendment.

No, marriage laws were not 'struck down,' measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to existing marriage laws were invalidated by the Supreme Court as authorized by Articles III and VI of the Constitution; state measures that violated the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the 14th Amendment. State marriage laws remain in effect and accessible to gay Americans.

The 14th Amendment jurisprudence rendering state measures denying same-sex couples access to marriage law invalid is settled, accepted, and long-standing – it was the task of the Court to examine the constitutionality of those measures in the context of that long-standing jurisprudence.

Obergefell is the progeny of appropriately and consistently applied due process and equal protection case law dating back to Brown v. Board of Education, to Cooper v. Aaron, Griswold, Loving, Zablocki, Casey, Romer, and Lawrence – where states sought to deny citizens their inalienable rights in violation of the 14th Amendment.

Name one state law, other then the 16 that rightfully changed their law, that defines marriage as anything other then the traditional definition of marriage. So, does this mean that the 16 states that changed their laws were doing so when they really didn't need to? And those laws still standing that does not mention two men or two women but do name a man and a woman are now invalid? 16 states saw the need to change their laws, seems to me that is what the SCOTUS' decision would indicate. The Loving decision was different in that in effect it was deciding if a black man was equal to a white man, which after the racism of the democrat party was beat out of them was the law of the land. So Loving did not change state laws it merely defined the law. Gay marriage redefines state law because you can't make the definition of a woman the same as a man, there is a difference if you had not noticed.

And don't think I ever thought that 5 old men and women would have decided otherwise.

The really funny part is that the states were slowly swinging the way of agreement with gay marriage. But doing it the proper way isn't nearly as much fun as forced compliance.

Forum List

Back