Eric Holder should be proud; We're no longer afraid to talk race

Ok. So the lesson of the day is....

All people of all color and ethnicity at many points in history have been poor and oppressed.

But only modern blacks get to use it as an excuse.

Got it.

It's stunning isn't it. The Irish were slaves in the Americas. We don't see them giving slavery as an excuse to fail at life in 2015 do we?

Oh, for chrissake....There really is a sucker born every minute:

‘Irish slaves’: the convenient myth
LIAM HOGAN 14 January 2015

"""""The conflation of indentured servitude with chattel slavery in the ‘Irish slaves’ narrative whitewashes history in the service of Irish nationalist and white supremacist causes. Its resurgence in the wake of Ferguson reflects many Americans’ denial of the entrenched racism still prevalent in their society.

It was with a heavy heart and no small amount of anger that I decided it was necessary to write a public refutation of the insidious myth that the Irish were once chattel slaves in the British colonies. The subject of this myth is not an issue in academic circles, for there is unanimous agreement, based on overwhelming evidence, that the Irish were never subjected to perpetual, hereditary slavery in the colonies, based on notions of ‘race’. Unfortunately this is not the case in the public domain and the ‘Irish slaves’ myth has been shared so frequently online that it has gone viral. """

February 2014 interview with Infowars.com, the narrative of the ‘White slaves’ is continuously promoted. The most influential book to claim that there was ‘white slavery’ in Colonial America was Michael Hoffman’s They Were White and They Were Slaves: The Untold History of the Enslavement of Whites in Early America. Self-published in 1993, Hoffman, a Holocaust denier, unsurprisingly blames the Atlantic slave trade on the Jews.

Irish slaves the convenient myth openDemocracy

All people of all color and ethnicity at many points in history have been poor and oppressed.

Got it.

Nope. You have failed today's lesson.

I will give you an extra credit assignment, however.

Print up this last post of yours and bring it over to your neighbors house with a nice cigar and a bottle of scotch. Sit down with him and ask him to discuss the post with you. See if you can overcome your lack of intelligence and get the point.

He'd probably agree that the ghetto sucks and people who stay there are self destructive.
There is a feeling of entrapment in such places, but there are those who push hard to save their children before it's too late. They are overwhelmed by the stress and pressures in these places, and they are easily manipulated in their views by the hustlers, but if we as a nation could intervene and get in between the race hustlers and those who want to be freed from them, then we could fix this mess finally.

Got it.

Print up this last post of yours and bring it over to your neighbors house with a nice cigar and a bottle of scotch. Sit down with him and ask him to discuss the post with you. See if you can overcome your lack of intelligence and get the point.

He'd probably agree that the ghetto sucks and people who stay there are self destructive.

No.....I didn't ask what you think he'd say. I think you need to actually ask him. You are not making a very serious attempt to learn today.

If I needed my lawn mowed...and a black kid came by and offered...id gladly hire him. My neighbor is black. And a sheriffs deputy. And we dog sit for each other. Id trust him with my kids life if needed.

His family doesnt share the same culture as ghetto areas though. Which is why he lives in a nice neighborhood and has a good job.

You have spoken about this matter with your neighbor? I wonder if you'd show him this thread?

Nope. We talk football and share work stories. Really he couldnt care less about race.

Wow, are you naive. I haven't met your neighbor but I can tell you with fair certainty that he's very aware he lives next to a white man. Probably the first one in his family to do so. He's gaming you, sucker. Because he has to.
So your racist against white people by example of this post you have written here? Doesn't this disqualify you from the discussion actually?

What is racist about what I said? Blacks are very cognizant and hyper-aware when whites are around, and very wary. You just either don't know any black people or you have so dismissed them that you haven't listened, either.

And that's "you're" not "your".
Try again, because you can't defend what you have also revealed of yourself here, but keep trying as it only goes deeper for you.

Got it.

There is a feeling of entrapment in such places, but there are those who push hard to save their children before it's too late. They are overwhelmed by the stress and pressures in these places, and they are easily manipulated in their views by the hustlers, but if we as a nation could intervene and get in between the race hustlers and those who want to be freed from them, then we could fix this mess finally.

Oh yes! Get in between the "race hustlers" and those with little or no opportunity to succeed! Just get them to realize that they are lazy fuckers who could join the middle class in a matter of a few years if they'd only vote GOP and pull up those fucking pants!

Who are the race hustlers? Can you name them and identify their spree of influence?

Got it.

It's stunning isn't it. The Irish were slaves in the Americas. We don't see them giving slavery as an excuse to fail at life in 2015 do we?

"""""The conflation of indentured servitude with chattel slavery in the ‘Irish slaves’ narrative whitewashes history in the service of Irish nationalist and white supremacist causes. Its resurgence in the wake of Ferguson reflects many Americans’ denial of the entrenched racism still prevalent in their society.

It was with a heavy heart and no small amount of anger that I decided it was necessary to write a public refutation of the insidious myth that the Irish were once chattel slaves in the British colonies. The subject of this myth is not an issue in academic circles, for there is unanimous agreement, based on overwhelming evidence, that the Irish were never subjected to perpetual, hereditary slavery in the colonies, based on notions of ‘race’. Unfortunately this is not the case in the public domain and the ‘Irish slaves’ myth has been shared so frequently online that it has gone viral. """

February 2014 interview with Infowars.com, the narrative of the ‘White slaves’ is continuously promoted. The most influential book to claim that there was ‘white slavery’ in Colonial America was Michael Hoffman’s They Were White and They Were Slaves: The Untold History of the Enslavement of Whites in Early America. Self-published in 1993, Hoffman, a Holocaust denier, unsurprisingly blames the Atlantic slave trade on the Jews.

I think that the past is being used as an excuse here, so to keep the situation as current as possible would serve everyone best. Actions that are taken in order to solve problems by people, are very revealing as to whether people are being led or they are leading. We clearly see a situation where people are being led, so who is leading them and how is this fixed if they are being led in the wrong ways?

Got it.

Oh yes! Get in between the "race hustlers" and those with little or no opportunity to succeed! Just get them to realize that they are lazy fuckers who could join the middle class in a matter of a few years if they'd only vote GOP and pull up those fucking pants!

Who are the race hustlers? Can you name them and identify their spree of influence?
Little opportunity to succeed is being caused by who? Do you deny the race hustlers and their existence on both sides of the fence?

Got it.

Kids in Baltimore. ...
Can stay in school.
Can avoid teenage pregnancy.
Can follow the law.
Can get and keep an entry level job.
Can take advantage of minority assistance scholarships and programs

EVERY kid born in the ghetto can do that. Some do.

Now...for the ones who dont choose wisely....remind me how its the fault of dead white guys from 1861?

The problem of why people can't cross the fence is being caused on both sides of the fence, but some only see one side of the fence or they work both sides of the fence, so are these the hustlers?

Got it.

I think that the past is being used as an excuse here, so to keep the situation as current as possible would serve everyone best. Actions that are taken in order to solve problems by people, are very revealing as to whether people are being led or they are leading. We clearly see a situation where people are being led, so who is leading them and how is this fixed if they are being led in the wrong ways?

Who led the POTUS to become what he is.....or the AG?

You knuckleheads.....even the ones like you who may mean well.....fail,to see that this is ENTIRELY about economic opportunity and hardly about culture. Black culture isn't shiftless and marked by poor choices. That whole line of argument is way off.

Got it.

Kids in Baltimore. ...
Can stay in school.
Can follow the law.

Now...for the ones who dont choose wisely....remind me how its the fault of dead white guys from 1861?

It isn't. Grab a mirror, dummy.

Got it.

Little opportunity to succeed is being caused by who? Do you deny the race hustlers and their existence on both sides of the fence?

You mistake me for someone who wants to play word games. I asked a direct question.

The problem of why people can't cross the fence is being caused on both sides of the fence, but some only see one side of the fence or they work both sides of the fence, so are these the hustlers?

Fence? Crossing fences isn't the issue. It's more like changing streets or blocks or precincts.

How many Peachtree Streets are there in the State of Georgia? The City of Atlanta? Too many....that's how many.

Why so many? Do you know?

Kids in Baltimore. ...
Can stay in school.
Can follow the law.

HAHAHA!!!

OK. SOOO....its my fault? How is little ole me down in Charleston, SC....to blame for black kids in Baltimore choosing crime and dropping out of school and making babies too young?

Wow you lefties are fucked up.

Im eager for this discussion. How do I make blacks in other states make poor life choices?

Kids in Baltimore. ...
Can stay in school.
Can follow the law.

HAHAHA!!!

OK. SOOO....its my fault? How is little ole me down in Charleston, SC....to blame for black kids in Baltimore choosing crime and dropping out of school and making babies too young?

Im eager for this discussion. How do I make blacks in other states make poor life choices?

By failing to grasp the real issue and voting for idiots who don't grasp the real issue. It's pretty simple. You don't make them make bad choices....you limit their choices.

How does your black neighbor vote? Do you know?

Just a review. I asked how the poor choices of Baltimore blacks in 2015...is the fault or dead white men from 1861.

LoneLaugher responds...."its not. Look in the mirror."

So...somehow...I am to blame. Down in Charleston SC....I use some jedi mind trick to make black kids in other states make stupid life choices.

Got it.

White Cargo as nothing to do with Hoffman. Nice try at deflecting.

"The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers."

The Irish Slave Trade The Forgotten White Slaves Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

Kids in Baltimore. ...
Can stay in school.
Can follow the law.

HAHAHA!!!

By failing to grasp the real issue and voting for idiots who don't grasp the real issue. It's pretty simple. You don't make them make bad choices....you limit their choices.

Hes a conservative.

Democrats run Baltimore. Democrats run Washington. Sorry. You fail.

So again...how do us white folks make blacks commit stupid life choices...in cities run by Democrats?

Barbadosed
Africans and Irish in Barbados

During the 1600's, African slaves and Irish natives shared a common fate on the island of Barbados. Slaves first arrived on the island in the 1620's with the first white settlers and continued to be brought there as the need for labor created a new market for the international slave trade.

By 1645, the black population on the island was 5680, and by 1667, there were over 40,000 slaves on the island. In the early years of the colony's growth, Barbados also became a destination for military prisoners and Irish natives.

Oliver Cromwell "barbadosed" Irish who refused to clear off their land and allowed other Irish to be kidnaped from the streets of Ireland and transported to Barbados. Those who were barbadosed were sold as slaves or indentured servants, to British planters.

They lived in slave conditions and had no control over the number of years they had to serve. The number of Barbadosed Irish in not known and estimates very widely, from a high of 60,000 to a low of 12,000.

Both groups suffered in harsh conditions and joined together to revolt against British settlers."

Tangled Roots Barbadosed Africans and Irish in Barbados

Kids in Baltimore. ...
Can stay in school.
Can follow the law.

HAHAHA!!!

Hes a conservative.

Democrats run Baltimore. Democrats run Washington. Sorry. You fail.

So again...how do us white folks make blacks commit stupid life choices...in cities run by Democrats?

You know he's a conservative? But you've never talked about black culture with him?

You lie.

Forum List

Back