Errr, is this the greatest flip-flop yet? Breaking News: Kamala Harris Used To Think Border Wall Was ‘Un-American.’ Now She Supports It.

Yep, they KNOW they are way behind in the polls or else she wouldn't change on this issue. First it was no tax on tips and now a border wall? Voters won't buy this, especially based on her past comments on the wall and her role dealing with the border.

The only walls she has supported is Walz as her running mate.

Vice President Kamala Harris has reversed her position on spending hundreds of millions of dollars to build a wall along the southern border, Axios reported Tuesday.

Harris is now in favor of building a wall after being attacked repeatedly by former President Donald Trump for presiding over an unprecedented surge in illegal immigration to the U.S. as the Biden administration’s unofficial “border czar,” according to Axios. Prior to her second run for the presidency, Harris had called the border wall “un-American,” a “stupid waste of money” and Trump’s “medieval vanity project.”

Harris now backs the bipartisan border bill proposed in February, which would require hundreds of millions of unspent public dollars to be spent on further construction of a border wall, according to Axios. The office of Republican Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford, one of the lawmakers who negotiated the bill, projected that the bill would spend $650 million on wall construction, a far cry from the $18 billion that Trump wanted for the border wall in 2018.
That’s a pretty dishonest presentation. Every president including Obama and Biden funded border security including fencing and walls in select areas. Very different than Trumps wall.

Truth. What Trump promoted and campaigned on was a border wall continuously across the entire southern border...over mountains and desserts and rivers... (to keep all of these Mexican rapists, and thieves, and drug dealers and criminals from crossing... that the govt of Mexico was intentionally sending us). Don't cha remember?
I see you typing your opinion as a Trump hater. Zero support.

Because that is how bills generally work.

You didn't know?

Link please.

There is only one true God.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Oh nonsense. How bills ",generally work" is just a cheap excuse to dodge the question. Your gods won't be pleased with such dishonesty.
Geez. Don't you read the news?

The Senate had a bill to fund the Ukraine and fund Israel.

Mitch McConnell told Schumer that Republican senators would vote against this military aid funding unless Immigration and border security was a part of the bill.

So Mitch appointed Lankford as the republican on the committee to created the immigration border security bill along with Schumer one dem, and one independent.

It was ADDED to the bill on Ukraine and Israel aide,

BECAUSE REPUBLICANS INSISTED ON IT.

Then Trump came in and killed it, because he did not want Biden to get credit during this election year....
So yes. We agree the fraud border bill was a scheme to add funding for Ukrainec with a mere pittance used for US border security. And yes, Lankford bailed on the bill.

That’s a pretty dishonest presentation. Every president including Obama and Biden funded border security including fencing and walls in select areas. Very different than Trumps wall.

Right. How many illegal citizens do you have in your country?

The Remain in Mexico policy was the best and Biden erased it within days.

Brilliant move.

Are you saying this is a lie?

Your denial is humorous but expected.

From post 28.

Why? Well, it's really quite simple. During the Obama/Biden Administration's first term, and at their administration's urging, Congress passed the Secure Fence Act of 2011. And during the Obama/Biden Administration, the U.S. Government built 650 miles of fencing, of the wall, between the U.S. And Mexico. To put this ugly fact into context, the Trump Administration has only built 400 miles of the wall so far. And you can be sure that part of Trump's reason for his eleventh-hour attempt to build more miles of wall is because he hates to think Obama was better at anything than he is.

Operation Gatekeeper, which was implemented by President Clinton, a Democrat, increased the number of unaccountable Border Patrol agents deployed on the ground and expanded the invasive Border Patrol checkpoints far from the actual border. It also built walls and other infrastructure where there had been none, and purposefully pushed migrants to dangerous crossing areas, resulting in the death and disappearance of thousands of people.
Trump turned thumbs down on that Biden/Harris bill because it would have allowed 2,000,000 migrants into the country every single year before no more could be admitted. . . UNLESS they said they were afraid in which case more could come in. And it was worded to make it far more difficult for the next President to get any kind of control of the border. In other words it was not border control at all but a massive legalized migrant admission bill.

As for the Obama/Biden border wall:

"Obama Administration Ends High-Tech Border Fence
"January 14, 2011 / 10:21 PM EST / AP
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration on Friday ended a high-tech border fence project that cost taxpayers nearly $1 billion but did little to improve security. Congress ordered the high-tech fence along the border with Mexico in 2006 amid a clamor over the porous border, but it yielded only 53 miles of protection. . ."

Google has been actively trying to erase that video of Biden calling for 'a surge to the border' but it's still on You Tube.

Kamala called building a wall "Trump's Vanity Project" and insisted there was no border crisis, etc. until it became politically expedient to build one that she is pretty sure a Democrat Congress won't go along with and she can then say 'she tried.':

Where does the money for the Democrat's "racist wall" come from when Biden- Harris auctioned for scrap, the wall material that was already at the border?

It was not every president until Biden-Harris that illegals were imported by the millions along with terrorists and criminals.

flip flop
DistrictLeatherFlipFlopApril2024.jpg

Geeze, now another one.

Some people never want to criticize policies that lead directly to a circumstance. Like drones humming around, obedient and loyal to the end. Almost afraid to be honest. Looking in the mirror and repeating over and over "don't criticize the party, dont criticize the party."

If they are told 2+2-5, they will accept that as long as the right messenger demands they believe their eyes.

Some people never want to criticize policies that lead directly to a circumstance. Like drones humming around, obedient and loyal to the end. Almost afraid to be honest. Looking in the mirror and repeating over and over "don't criticize the party, dont criticize the party."
I have plenty I can criticize the Dems about. Just because I call out dishonest propaganda from the Right doesn’t mean I dont have critiques of the Left

I have plenty I can criticize the Dems about. Just because I call out dishonest propaganda from the Right doesn’t mean I dont have critiques of the Left

So the record illegal immigration rush into the America and sharp increase after Trump left office is whos fault exactly?

It was not every president until Biden-Harris that illegals were imported by the millions along with terrorists and criminals.
That’s not something that happened. Millions weren’t imported. What a ridiculous statement

if you only build sections of wall what happens to migrant pathways? they go around it.
w'eve already see this happen

So Harris wants her cake (build the wall) but not stop the migrant flow (eat it too)

Where does the money for the Democrat's "racist wall" come from when Biden- Harris auctioned for scrap, the wall material that was already at the border?
Ordering and spending money has never been a problem for Democrats. But since I'm pretty sure Kamala will just shrug off the wall if she is elected, it's a moot point anyway.+

Nice try but maga's already started mult threads even after playing this same card when Biden beefed up border crossings. Not that Biden ever tried actually closing the border.

So the record illegal immigration rush into the America and sharp increase after Trump left office is whos fault exactly?
Well primarily it’s the fault of the people who decided to come here illegally. There were also covid related factors that pushed surges… and poor enforcement by Biden certainly contributed to it as well.

Forum List

Back