Escape plan? Pompeo foiled. Menendez seeks probe into if Pompeo violated Hatch Act

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
Trump rats are implementing their escape plans as SS Trump races to the impeachment iceberg.

Pompeo is about to be run over by the justice bus as his escape plan to exit the Trump administration into a safe US Senate seat has been foiled.

Pompeo is corrupt and has disgraced his office. The State Department is in open revolt against Pompeo and officials are jostling each other to join the chorus of denunciations of Pompeo.

The State Department is the lastest of Government agencies to have been perverted by Donald Trump and Pompeo has disgraced himself.

Menendez seeks probe into if Pompeo violated Hatch Act

Menendez seeks probe into if Pompeo violated Hatch Act
BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 10/29/19 06:16 PM EDT 179

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) is asking for a probe into whether Secretary of State Mike Pompeo violated a federal law on political activities with his recent trips to his home state of Kansas.
Menendez, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, sent a letter to the Office of Special Counsel’s Henry Kerner asking for the investigation.
“I ... ask that you review his travel and his interactions in Kansas closely, and determine whether any violations have occurred or additional guidance to the Department or the Secretary may be warranted,” Menendez wrote.
“I also ask that you act promptly on your findings and report to my staff on any steps you are taking as well as any recommendations that you deem appropriate,” he added.
Menendez is asking for a probe into whether Pompeo, whom Senate Republicans have urged to run for Senate in Kansas, violated the Hatch Act, a law that places limits on the ability of federal officials to participate in political activities.
“Since March 2019, the Secretary has taken three official trips to Kansas, apparently at the expense of the Department of State. During the latest trip, from October 24 to 25, 2019, the Secretary visited the Wichita State University Tech National Center for Aviation Training, participated in a workforce development roundtable, visited Textron Aviation Longitude and Latitude Production, and met with students from Wichita State University,” Menendez wrote. ...

Forum List

Back