ESPN's Bomani Jones riles fans up with Cleveland Caucasians shirt

Just as soon as they changed the name to that how long before blacks would be offended again......... oh thats right its alrdy been done..ooops
FIGHTIN' WHITIES--PALE FACES WANT UM T-SHIRTS, NOT BLANKETS by H. Millard (c) 2002 Unfortunately for the Injuns, the thing backfired on them and most white folks aren't offended, by the racial stereotype of them. In fact, it appears that many whites think this whole thing is so funny (Or, is there something else to this? More on this speculation below.) that they've been deluging the team with requests for interviews and offering to send big piles of wampum, and maybe some fire water to buy Fightin Whities T-shirts.

Black Irish are Spanish.
not necessarily...the late Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy was a black Irishman....his dad was from British Guiana and his mother was Irish...just sayin...

He would apparently be "Black plus Irish". But "Black Irish" is a thing by itself, referring to a certain set of Irish with jet black hair and brown eyes. My Dad was constantly taken for Italian or Greek.
Lynott was born and raised in Ireland....that makes him a "black" Irishmen....he is even listed in a list of famous black-Irish people....

Just as soon as they changed the name to that how long before blacks would be offended again......... oh thats right its alrdy been done..ooops
FIGHTIN' WHITIES--PALE FACES WANT UM T-SHIRTS, NOT BLANKETS by H. Millard (c) 2002 Unfortunately for the Injuns, the thing backfired on them and most white folks aren't offended, by the racial stereotype of them. In fact, it appears that many whites think this whole thing is so funny (Or, is there something else to this? More on this speculation below.) that they've been deluging the team with requests for interviews and offering to send big piles of wampum, and maybe some fire water to buy Fightin Whities T-shirts.

"Blankets"--- that makes for a good team name.... The Amherst Biological Warriors :rock:

Make every team name into a history lesson, sez I. Matter o' fact, change the team name every week.

Black Irish are Spanish.
not necessarily...the late Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy was a black Irishman....his dad was from British Guiana and his mother was Irish...just sayin...

He would apparently be "Black plus Irish". But "Black Irish" is a thing by itself, referring to a certain set of Irish with jet black hair and brown eyes. My Dad was constantly taken for Italian or Greek.
Lynott was born and raised in Ireland....that makes him a "black" Irishmen....he is even listed in a list of famous black-Irish people....

Then he can be black-Irish (with a hyphen) as distinct from Black Irish (without).

Rest my case........blacks would be mad nobody cared..........racism....all in your head these days

Black Irish are Spanish.

Then he can be black-Irish (with a hyphen) as distinct from Black Irish (without).
ok as long as you give him permission then i guess its ok to be called that.....when i saw his bio on i think it was VH-1 the people in Ireland that they were talking too said he was a true Black Irishman BECAUSE he was born and raised in Ireland and of course was black.......so thats my story ....
R.I.P.

How did such an ignorant and intellectually challenged racist like that get a job with ESPN? Oh, that's right. He's black.

How is it "racist"?
Because his shirt is intended to be disparagement of white people and that's because he is too stupid to tell the difference between homage and insult.
He is a bigot looking for an issue.

Ummmmmmmmm...... nooooo, you're plugging that "disparagement" in. There's nothing "disparaging" in the term "Cleveland Caucasians". It doesn't even have a verb.

Don't blame the shirt because you don't get the point.
There is no homage so it's obviously intended as a backhanded insult. You argue like a child.

Wait wait --- so you're actually saying.... any reference to white people must contain "homage"? That's what you're saying?

:rofl:

:dig:

How did such an ignorant and intellectually challenged racist like that get a job with ESPN? Oh, that's right. He's black.

How is it "racist"?
Because his shirt is intended to be disparagement of white people and that's because he is too stupid to tell the difference between homage and insult.

Ummmmmmmmm...... nooooo, you're plugging that "disparagement" in. There's nothing "disparaging" in the term "Cleveland Caucasians". It doesn't even have a verb.

There is no homage so it's obviously intended as a backhanded insult. You argue like a child.

Wait wait --- so you're actually saying.... any reference to white people must contain "homage"? That's what you're saying?

No, you lying, dishonest bigot.
Team mascots are derived as a matter of pride. Disparagement is not a symbol of pride.
You argue like a child and you're dishonest.

How is it "racist"?

No, you lying, dishonest bigot.
Team mascots are derived as a matter of pride. Disparagement is not a symbol of pride.
You argue like a child and you're dishonest.

Dood --- you're the only clown who has brought up anything about "disparagement" --- on the basis, apparently, of Failing to Pay Homage :nono:

A "disparagement" you can't show since it tends not to exist.... :lmao:

I suppose no one has ever heard of the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame or the Boston Celtics.
What a bunch of moronic racist dupes.

Yep - there are a lot of teams named after white people.
New York Knicks is another...Knicks was a nickname given to Dutch settlers who wore knickerbockers
New York Yankees...obvious
Minnesota Vikings
Many many more

I suppose no one has ever heard of the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame or the Boston Celtics.
What a bunch of moronic racist dupes.

Yep - there are a lot of teams named after white people.
New York Knicks is another...Knicks was a nickname given to Dutch settlers who wore knickerbockers
New York Yankees...obvious
Minnesota Vikings
Many many more

As a white person, I am deeply offended by those. Stop stealing my culture, with your micro-aggression.
I should also throw in the word "privilege" somewhere in there.

Forum List

Back