'Essence of authoritarianism': Expert warns 'Project 2025' would create a Trump 'autocracy'

Notice that you don't see Trumpsters condemning the actual items in the document. When you ask them to, they deflect and attack.

All they can do is pretend "he doesn't know anything about it", which is what he says whenever he's in a corner and has to bullshit.

They most likely don't even know, but they do know to protect their cult leader. And they'll go along with whatever he does if he wins.
What part of the document do you have issue with? Page number please
^^^ I say it, they do it. Right on cue. This is the usual response. It took three (3) minutes.

They don't know, they don't care, and they just want the heavy hand of an authoritarian government to control us.

Notice that you don't see Trumpsters condemning the actual items in the document. When you ask them to, they deflect and attack.

All they can do is pretend "he doesn't know anything about it", which is what he says whenever he's in a corner and has to bullshit.

They most likely don't even know, but they do know to protect their cult leader. And they'll go along with whatever he does if he wins.
Poor mac. Still stuck on PROJECTION 2025 as if whomever he's trying to deceive is too dumb to know that Trump has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
This sort of obvious desperation seems desperately obvious because what's obvious is desperately obvious.....oops, sorry Kamala.

Poor mac. Still stuck on PROJECTION 2025 as if whomever he's trying to deceive is too dumb to know that Trump has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
This sort of obvious desperation seems desperately obvious because what's obvious is desperately obvious.....oops, sorry Kamala.
And the second one.

Exactly as I described.

I know these people.

Trump would like to rule as a fascist ruler. His MAGA fanatics want him to. I doubt he could. The American people are too individualistic for fascism. Also, Trump lacks the intelligence of Hitler and Mussolini.

It's interesting, or pathetic, actually, that there has been absolutely NO POLICY or even a HINT of direction expressed from Kamala or the demented LEFT other than Orange Man BAD.
That's all they have, and it's not even true.
Sure, Kamala was raised among people with lawns they were proud of in a community where the children of the community are the children of the community, but the Orange man is BAD because what's BAD is the Orange BAD man.
🤪

Trump would like to rule as a fascist ruler. His MAGA fanatics want him to. I doubt he could. The American people are too individualistic for fascism. Also, Trump lacks the intelligence of Hitler and Mussolini.
But Trump is Hitler because what's Mussolini is Trump because Hitler is what's Trump is Mussolini.
We mustn't be burdened by the passage of time and what is.
What is time without the passage of what has been?

Yes. Also, I think that Mussolini and Hitler were specifically ideological. Trump is not. They were animated by their ideology and megalomania, he is animated by his profound insecurities and need for validation. He doesn't give two shits about ideology, he just follows and searches out the acceptance and adoration.

There has never been a public person who is so blatantly desperate for respect like this.

Last edited:
Yes. Also, I think that Mussolini and Hitler were specifically ideological. Trump is not. They were animated by their ideology and megalomania, he is animated by his profound insecurities and need for validation. He doesn't give two shits about ideology, he just follows and searches out the acceptance and adoration.

There has never been a public person who is so blatantly desperate for respect like this.
Cool narrative, mac.
I'm glad that you and the demented LEFT chose Kamala......oh, wait.
Anyway, the plans she offers are........oh, wait.
But, at least you're honest about YOUR ideology........oh, wait.
I've never seen a poster here so blatantly desperate than YOU.

Whenever anyone asks for a direct quote of something offense from the document, nothing is forthcoming. Wonder why that is.

Whenever anyone asks for a direct quote of something offense from the document, nothing is forthcoming. Wonder why that is.
More deflection. Very good. As I predicted.

If you don't know, you don't know. I appreciate yet another example of my point. Good stuff.

More deflection. Very good. As I predicted.

If you don't know, you don't know. I appreciate yet another example of my point. Good stuff.
The point being that the usual suspects haven't read the actual document and are yelling about headlines. Now, how is what I said anything like pointing out the obvious, that it's a talking point that TRUMP! negated early on that they just haven't gotten around to stopping yet?

Project 2025 is an authoritarian, Christian nationalist plan to steer the U.S. toward autocracy. Legal experts have said it would undermine the rule of law, separation of powers, separation of church and state, and civil liberties.

Project 2025 is an authoritarian, Christian nationalist plan to steer the U.S. toward autocracy. Legal experts have said it would undermine the rule of law, separation of powers, separation of church and state, and civil liberties.
You're making my point. What specific quote from it are you objecting to?

You're making my point. What specific quote from it are you objecting to?
that was a general overview.

for something specific...

The next conservative Administration should embrace the Constitution and understand the obligation of the executive branch to use its independent resources and authorities to restrain the excesses of both the legislative and judicial branches. This will mean ensuring that the leadership of the Department of Justice and its components understand the separation of powers, that pushback among the branches is a positive feature and not a defect of our system, and that the federal system is strengthened, not weakened, by disagreement among the branches.

the meaning of this depends on what "retrain" actually means, or "pushback". Some clue comes from the previous paragraph..

The increasingly aggressive posture of federal courts does not change one constitutionally immutable fact: All three branches of the federal government retain not just the right, but the obligation to assess constitutionality. It is this obligation that is the foundation of the separation of powers.

this is just a cryptic way of stating that the executive branch has the right to determine the constitutionality of a statute or the legality of its own conduct. Can you see the threat to democracy & our constitution?

that was a general overview.

for something specific...

The next conservative Administration should embrace the Constitution and understand the obligation of the executive branch to use its independent resources and authorities to restrain the excesses of both the legislative and judicial branches. This will mean ensuring that the leadership of the Department of Justice and its components understand the separation of powers, that pushback among the branches is a positive feature and not a defect of our system, and that the federal system is strengthened, not weakened, by disagreement among the branches.
Each branch of government has responsibility to understand and exercise its authority and responsibility under the Constitution. Each branch is co-equal and none has ultimate power over another.
the meaning of this depends on what "retrain" actually means, or "pushback". Some clue comes from the previous paragraph..

The increasingly aggressive posture of federal courts does not change one constitutionally immutable fact: All three branches of the federal government retain not just the right, but the obligation to assess constitutionality. It is this obligation that is the foundation of the separation of powers.

this is just a cryptic way of stating that the executive branch has the right to determine the constitutionality of a statute or the legality of its own conduct. Can you see the threat to democracy & our constitution?
Baloney. It CLEARLY specifies all three branches of government. You have to really stretch to imagine it only applies to the executive.

This is all a good thing. We need to get the usual suspects out explaining why they oppose things like all three branches of government taking their responsibilities and exercising their authority under the constitution.

Each branch of government has responsibility to understand and exercise its authority and responsibility under the Constitution. Each branch is co-equal and none has ultimate power over another.

Baloney. It CLEARLY specifies all three branches of government. You have to really stretch to imagine it only applies to the executive.

This is all a good thing. We need to get the usual suspects out explaining why they oppose things like all three branches of government taking their responsibilities and exercising their authority under the constitution.
did you forget the separation of powers in the constitution?
The executive branch executes laws. Assessment of constitutionality is under the judicial.

^^^ I say it, they do it. Right on cue. This is the usual response. It took three (3) minutes.

They don't know, they don't care, and they just want the heavy hand of an authoritarian government to control us.
So you can’t actually tell us

Forum List

Back