Essential Workers Feel They Are Getting Screwed

I would work, happily if asked. Unfortunately, I'm not "essential." My supervisor says otherwise though. Hes had to pick up the extra workload. Yeah, I got it better than him.

If you're not essential, why is your supervisor of non-essential workers essential?

Depending on the field of business "emergency" services are considered essential , even if the routine business of the enterprise isn't. Teeth cleaning, example given, is non-essential but emergency extractions in the field of dentistry are. So the supervising staff can stay around to do that, but the paeons are dismissed for the extent of the pandemic.

There are people in dentist offices that only do teeth cleaning?

Yes.
They're called dental hygienist,maybe you've heard of them?
If not I sure as hell dont want to see your teeth.

Dental Hygienists ONLY clean teeth? Are you sure?

That is the main thing they do yes.
They also give advice on dental care and spot oral issues that need to be addressed.
I've never had an oral hygienist do anything other than clean my teeth.
That is their main purpose.
That you dont know that makes me think you've never been to one.

Here is another fact check on Lyndsey Graham:

"As the bill neared final approval, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R.-S.C., was widely quoted as saying the bonus would incentivize people not to work and, in effect, force employers to compete with a $24 minimum wage."

Nationally, regular unemployment covers half your wages, up to a cap of about $450 in regular earnings per week, Heidi Shierholz, former chief economist at the U.S. Department of Labor, told PolitiFact. So, a person who normally earns $450 would receive $225 in regular unemployment benefits, plus the $600 bonus, or $825 per week — more than their regular pay. That’s about $21 per hour."

Minimum wage should be $24.00/hr.

And then you would wonder all confused about how inflation reduced the buying power of that $24 an hour back to around $10 an hour.

Simple:

-Jail all employers that knowingly hire illegal aliens.

-End all Republican worker visa programs.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2020 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2020 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

Your plan would ruin the economy and turn us into the late 80's Soviet Union.

You have the economic awareness of a clump of dirt.

How would my plan "ruin the economy?"

Massively increasing wages, while both massively increasing taxes and putting firm price controls will lead to crushing shortages. If I owned a business, and your idea was implemented, I'd shutter my windows immediately.

Massively reducing payments to the States who will make more money from consumer spending.
Was the stimulus and the $600.00 UI bonus intended to create consumer spending? To the individual, yes.
Back to the story, do you think the Essential workers need influx $$$?
I do. While those at home are saving on fuel costs, child care, etc, I assume the working need to be fairly compensated as well. Fair is fair.
That deal for being unemployed is definitely a boon (to them)
No it was provided to supplement a paycheck.
For not working you get a hug. For working you get zero. Don't distort what the money (influx) is for. But still completely lopsided in it's implementation.
for working I make a check from my employer. I get it every two weeks. not working someone gets my money. lazy fks.

anyone not demanding this shit stop are all sheeps. live with what you sowed.

Going on unemployment these days may be a boon for some, but those that are still working?
Maybe not so much. Some sitting at home may make $9600.00 more annually with the $600.00 bonus, per week, on top of what they receive in unemployment benefits.

"Some people who continue to work through the coronavirus outbreak are upset that they’re getting no additional pay, while some unemployed people are now receiving more in unemployment benefits than they were paid on the job."

"Nationally, the average weekly unemployment benefit was $385 per week as of January 2020, Gary Burtless, a senior fellow in economic studies at the Brookings Institution, told PolitiFact. With the stimulus bonus, that person’s benefit would more than double to $985 per week."

I have yet to encounter one of those oppressed, disgruntled employees.
They have a job and know they'll keep it.

"As the bill neared final approval, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R.-S.C., was widely quoted as saying the bonus would incentivize people not to work and, in effect, force employers to compete with a $24 minimum wage."

Nationally, regular unemployment covers half your wages, up to a cap of about $450 in regular earnings per week, Heidi Shierholz, former chief economist at the U.S. Department of Labor, told PolitiFact. So, a person who normally earns $450 would receive $225 in regular unemployment benefits, plus the $600 bonus, or $825 per week — more than their regular pay. That’s about $21 per hour."

And then you would wonder all confused about how inflation reduced the buying power of that $24 an hour back to around $10 an hour.

Simple:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2020 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2020 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

Massively increasing wages, while both massively increasing taxes and putting firm price controls will lead to crushing shortages. If I owned a business, and your idea was implemented, I'd shutter my windows immediately.

Massively reducing payments to the States who will make more money from consumer spending.
Was the stimulus and the $600.00 UI bonus intended to create consumer spending? To the individual, yes.
I do. While those at home are saving on fuel costs, child care, etc, I assume the working need to be fairly compensated as well. Fair is fair.
For not working you get a hug. For working you get zero. Don't distort what the money (influx) is for. But still completely lopsided in it's implementation.
I'm working. I'm making my money. I will donate or invest any money that they feel I should get. Tomorrow I write a check for 7,000. so I'm down whatever I get.
What can I say. Your choice or obligation is just that. If many in this country can't come up with an extra $400.00 for an emergency or financial reason, all of those people could pad a one week benefit of $600.00 towards that. All people... not some. I fully understand between fair and not and who needs what and why.

Simple:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

I'm working. I'm making my money. I will donate or invest any money that they feel I should get. Tomorrow I write a check for 7,000. so I'm down whatever I get.
What can I say. Your choice or obligation is just that. If many in this country can't come up with an extra $400.00 for an emergency or financial reason, all of those people could pad a one week benefit of $600.00 towards that. All people... not some. I fully understand between fair and not and who needs what and why.
me too. I can also see bullshit. And I've been watching it for three weeks now.

Simple:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

for working I make a check from my employer. I get it every two weeks. not working someone gets my money. lazy fks.

I sense you are just as pissed as others. But, in the interim, the dole out of funds needs to help all.

Simple:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

I sense you are just as pissed as others. But, in the interim, the dole out of funds needs to help all.
my country has been taken over.

Simple:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

By meddling in the market and imposing command style requirements on the means of production. All your "solutions" are basically removing the free market and going with dictates by government dimwits.

Simple:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

If it doesn't end completely will you side with the people, or the quacks that are in charge?

Simple:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

If it doesn't end completely will you side with the people, or the quacks that are in charge?

This is definitely going to end, sooner rather than later.

Right now, the governors are starving for tax money- particularly in big touristy states. People aren't traveling, they aren't paying income tax, they aren't paying fuel tax, they aren't paying sales tax. They aren't buying cars, eating in restaurants, flying on planes.

Unless they can find another way to fund their little regimes, they will have no choice by to reopen the economy.

Simple:

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Make inversion illegal.

I'm anti government. why I voted for trump. drain that fking swamp.

Forum List

Back