🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Establishment vs non-establishment.

How much does the distinction matter to you?

• It matters a lot. I prefer non-establishment candidates.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • It matters a lot. I prefer establishment candidates.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It matters somewhat. I prefer non-establishment candidates.

• It matters somewhat. I prefer establishment candidates.

• It makes little difference, but I do prefer non-establishment candidates.

• It makes little difference, but I do prefer establishment candidates.

• It makes no difference.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
All other things equal an established person will have a record of doing what they say versus the talk of the nonestablished person.

• Banned
What matters is the issues, and electability.

Assume two candidates are exactly the same on everything but this. Does the distinction matter?

To me, it's semantics. Maybe it's used a code of some sort, but I not entirely sure what it means day-to-day.

The establishment candidate is simply the candidate the party would like you to vote for. It's the person with the connections to and funding from the status quo. The non-establishment candidate is whoever is trying to disrupt the party's plan and steer it towards their own vision instead.

What matters is the issues, and electability.

Assume two candidates are exactly the same on everything but this. Does the distinction matter?

To me, it's semantics. Maybe it's used a code of some sort, but I not entirely sure what it means day-to-day.

The establishment candidate is simply the candidate the party would like you to vote for. It's the person with the connections to and funding from the status quo. The non-establishment candidate is whoever is trying to disrupt the party's plan and steer it towards their own vision instead.

When there is a "big tent" party, there are bound to be factions within it, and one may be dominant for a number of years and then fade. That is increasingly the case with the DLC type democrat today.

Democratic Leadership Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The factions are nonetheless representative of equally valid parts of the party.

Just another point of clarification; is there any merit in being more mainstream, at the expense of being part of a party's "establishment"?

I mean setting aside the example of John Kasich, who is both, and getting slaughtered in the primaries....

Forum List

Back