Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
as everyone can see, ChrisL simply doesn't want to hear the arguments and the only thing she wants - to justify her own killing(s) of innocent people. That is it. Needless to argue with her and others like her, because how could she admit herself as a murderer? It is too hard and how to atone this?

It is a life I suppose...given that strict definition. But so is a dog. So is a worm. The real question is what value does it have and why should it rate a higher value than other life?

It is a life I suppose...given that strict definition. But so is a dog. So is a worm. The real question is what value does it have and why should it rate a higher value than other life?

Isn't the question also about consistency?

Is it wrong to ask why it is a crime of murder for a drunk driver to ACCIDENTALLY kill a child in the womb. . . But not murder for the mom to pay someone to kill it?

as everyone can see, ChrisL simply doesn't want to hear the arguments and the only thing she wants - to justify her own killing(s) of innocent people. That is it. Needless to argue with her and others like her, because how could she admit herself as a murderer? It is too hard and how to atone this?

Too bad you haven't offered any arguments. Only silly opinions. :D

Now you are accusing me of murder? Hmm. Interesting, and who have I murdered?

What if the woman was impregnated as a result of rape or incest, what is your stance on abortion in that situation?

Are you a United States citizen, BTW? :)

Isn't the question also about consistency?

Is it wrong to ask why it is a crime of murder for a drunk driver to ACCIDENTALLY kill a child in the womb. . . But not murder for the mom to pay someone to kill it?

The difference is, in one instance the embryo was killed against the mother's will. In the other instance, the mother no longer wishes to keep the embryo inside of her body.

What makes you think your opinion about a woman's fertilized egg matters to her, and why should it? She should take the health risks to appease you? There are risks to a woman's health that come with a pregnancy. It is up to each individual woman whether or not she wants to risk it. Her body, her decision.

Not. According to your other questions, we have them duiscussed already.

"Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?"

Not in a legal context, no.

In an ethical, moral, or religious context, that's up to each person to decide for himself, in accordance with his own good faith and good conscience, free from unwarranted interference by the state.

No debate abortion snuffs out a life. So does Capitol Punishment. Firebombing cities. Drone attacks. Flyswatters and slaughterhouses. The consequences and the morality of such things, that's the question, isn't it?

No, you haven't answered any questions. That's why I'm asking. Lol. Now, I'll ask again. What about in cases of incest or rape? Do you think abortion is okay in those instances?

Also, what makes you think you can have control over a stranger's body? Like I told you, pregnancy comes with inherent risks, and it is up to each woman to decide if she wants to take those risks and if the outcome would be worth the risks.

It is not worth the risks for some women. While you may not like that, that is how it goes. You cannot force a woman to go through with a pregnancy against her will.

I occasionally drive by a planned parenthood clinic. The marchers & protesters stand near the front gate with their placards and signs, gives me the creeps. Men on ladders with cameras with huge telephoto lenses, and school buses parked out front. I am moved to confront these people. They are very committed to their ideals, which impresses and intimidates at the same time. If you don't like abortion, don't get one. And leave the rest up to god, if you really believe.

Forum List

Back