🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelical Leaders Stick with Trump, Focus on Defeating Clinton

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Yahoo News/Reuters ^ | 8 Oct 2016 | Steve Holland and Michelle Conlin

WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) Leaders of religious conservative groups largely stood behind Donald Trump on Saturday...

(snip)

"Naturally I’m disappointed," said Steve Scheffler, head of the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition. "But, you know, the Bible tells me that we are all sinners saved by grace and I don't think there's probably a person alive that I know of that hasn’t made some mistakes in the past."

He said Clinton has peccadilloes of her own, most notably marital woes with her husband, former President Bill Clinton.

"So yes, I will vote for Donald Trump. I’m not excusing his behavior at all. It’s disgusting," he said.

(snip)

Still, the majority view among religious conservatives appeared to be summed up by Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council action group, who said evangelicals "are left with a choice of voting for the one who will do the least damage to our freedoms."

"This is far from an ideal situation, but it is the reality in which we find ourselves and as difficult as it is, I refuse to find sanctuary on the sidelines and allow the country and culture to deteriorate even further by continuing the policies of the last eight years," he said.

images

Yahoo News/Reuters ^ | 8 Oct 2016 | Steve Holland and Michelle Conlin

WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) Leaders of religious conservative groups largely stood behind Donald Trump on Saturday...

(snip)

"Naturally I’m disappointed," said Steve Scheffler, head of the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition. "But, you know, the Bible tells me that we are all sinners saved by grace and I don't think there's probably a person alive that I know of that hasn’t made some mistakes in the past."

He said Clinton has peccadilloes of her own, most notably marital woes with her husband, former President Bill Clinton.

"So yes, I will vote for Donald Trump. I’m not excusing his behavior at all. It’s disgusting," he said.

(snip)

Still, the majority view among religious conservatives appeared to be summed up by Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council action group, who said evangelicals "are left with a choice of voting for the one who will do the least damage to our freedoms."

"This is far from an ideal situation, but it is the reality in which we find ourselves and as difficult as it is, I refuse to find sanctuary on the sidelines and allow the country and culture to deteriorate even further by continuing the policies of the last eight years," he said.

images

Convicted felon Jim Bakker is still on the air and he supports Trump.

Forum List

Back