🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

In the 90's "Bake or die" wasn't being pushed on them
In the 90's the whole transgender thing and bathroom thing wasn't being pushed for acceptance or else.

Right now their choice was between a party that despises them and wants to eventually break them, and an asshole with flaws who want's at worst to leave them alone and at best reserve their issues to the State/Local level.

and you wonder why they held their noses and support him?

In the 90's the whole transgender thing and bathroom thing wasn't being pushed for acceptance or else.

Right now their choice was between a party that despises them and wants to eventually break them, and an asshole with flaws who want's at worst to leave them alone and at best reserve their issues to the State/Local level.

Evangelicals would rather condemn homosexuals than serial adulterers

it's a good, balanced article. From it

The only way to understand how a Christian like him could support a man who boasted about grabbing women’s crotches, Terry said, was to understand how he felt about the person Trump was still constantly bringing up in his speeches and who loomed large in Terry’s thoughts: Hillary Clinton, whom Terry saw as “sinister” and “evil” and “I’d say, of Satan.”

“She hates me,” Terry said, sitting in Crum’s office one day. “She has contempt for people like me, and Clay, and people who love God and believe in the Second Amendment. I think if she had her way it would be a dangerous country for the likes of me.”​
These people have been inculcated with a persecution complex. The irony is rich.

"The Deep State™ needs to stop persecuting me so I can keep the darkies and homos in their place!"
Martyr complex....they don't feel whole unless they can get up on that cross.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.

Liberals anoint their candidates.....like calling Hussein god, or the messiah, or Jesus......all of which they did.

Here's a dozen reasons why Trump was elected by real Americans:

Most voted against the Democrats,
against the mess Hussein Obama made of the economy,
against the corruption we've witnessed for decades,

against awarding nuclear weapons to the 7th century savages,
against the anti-white bias of the Democrat Party,

against the flood of illegal immigrants who require welfare
against bringing millions of unvetted Muslim refugees from war-indoctrinated nations,
against redistribution of wealth,
against the failed Liberal welfare industry,
against being dictated to by the United Nothings,
against a failed Liberal education industry,
against $20 trillion national debt...

...and for the slim possibility of a rebirth of America.

"When secular leftists express frustration at how practicing Catholics (your humble servants) and evangelicals could ever vote for Donald Trump, the first thing they refuse to concede is the horror of the alternative.

They refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton clearly, forthrightly stood for abortion on demand, at any time, for any reason and even supported it having it funded by pro-life taxpayers. It’s what she and her husband called “safe, legal and rare.” Hillary and her crew even dismissed the videotaped baby-organ-selling grotesqueries of Planned Parenthood as somehow fictional. And they refuse to admit that Hillary Clinton represented the creeping extremism of the LGBT movement, with its emphasis on redesigning all the nation’s bathrooms, not to mention human nature."
Bozell & Graham Column: The Book Against Transgender Extremism

I don't see adulterers trying to get evangelicals to accept their adultery "or else".

This is one of the things most progressives don't get. People don't like being forced to accept things they don't like, and the sure as hell don't like government doing the forcing.

I don't see adulterers trying to get evangelicals to accept their adultery "or else".

This is one of the things most progressives don't get. People don't like being forced to accept things they don't like, and the sure as hell don't like government doing the forcing.
Ever find it curious that devout Christians will bake a cake for an adulterer but not a homosexual?

What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.
Yes. Let us know how it feels.

Judge not, lest you be judged, for by whatever judgement you judge others, YOU SHALL be judged. -- your Saviour
A woman married FOUR TIMES would not sign the state-issued marriage certificate of a couple of homos.

You know...because homos will wreck the institution. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

How do you think judgment will go for her?

kim_davis_restraining_order_turbulent_past_history_relationships_o_Pt.jpg
Homosexuals have wrecked the institution.

Now Democrats are becoming more and more friendly towards incest, pedophilia and bestiality using the same logic that they used to push gay marriage.

Even gay men like Brandon Straka see this.
Dennis Hastert and Roy Moore .....both GOP and strongly supported by the GOP....now we have Jim Jordan who was required by law to report what his wrestlers told him and he did not....that is a crime.

And we have the posters who cannot distinguish between adults who consent and children who cannot consent....those people need to stay away from children..........and animals.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.

Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.

Donald Trump seems the farthest any person with Christian values would support
Or any values at all, for that matter.

May they never attempt to take the high road again. And if they do, we shall laugh and laugh. Oh, the humor.
I get a BIG chuckle out of every time they "claim" they are pro-life now.

Judgment Days

Turned away from the pearly gates? Are you saying that there are rules and regulations that you have to follow to get into heaven? Do they ask questions at the gate and then decide whether you belong there? Well damn. Who'd have thunk that Heaven didn't have open borders. My, my.

i'd say holding onto their money is always first

israel

racism

in that order.

Judgment Days

Donald Trump seems the farthest any person with Christian values would support
Or any values at all, for that matter.

May they never attempt to take the high road again. And if they do, we shall laugh and laugh. Oh, the humor.
I get a BIG chuckle out of every time they "claim" they are pro-life now.

they are only pro life until it's time to feed those babies, house them, give them an education & medical care...

Last edited:
it's a good, balanced article. From it

The only way to understand how a Christian like him could support a man who boasted about grabbing women’s crotches, Terry said, was to understand how he felt about the person Trump was still constantly bringing up in his speeches and who loomed large in Terry’s thoughts: Hillary Clinton, whom Terry saw as “sinister” and “evil” and “I’d say, of Satan.”

“She hates me,” Terry said, sitting in Crum’s office one day. “She has contempt for people like me, and Clay, and people who love God and believe in the Second Amendment. I think if she had her way it would be a dangerous country for the likes of me.”

As he saw it, there was the issue of Trump’s character, and there was the issue of Terry’s own extinction, and the choice was clear.

“He’s going to stick to me,” Terry said.

So many members of First Baptist saw it that way.​

How do you say that these boobs "love God and believe in the Second Amendment" ? They are antithetical.

Why evangelicals support Trump

Divorced twice, cheated on three wives
Had child out of wedlock
Compulsive liar
Possibly the least generous billionaire in the US
Egotistical
Unethical business practices
It's also why conservatives support Trump, he's truly one of their own.
Conservatives support Trump because he balanced the budget and Obama wouldn’t.

It’s all about fiscal responsibility

Ever find it curious that devout Christians will bake a cake for an adulterer but not a homosexual?

You are not comparing the right concepts. Have any of these bakers been asked to bake a cake celebrating a person's adultery?

In all these cases the defendants said they would provide goods of a point of sale nature to the plaintiffs, just not a wedding cake. So they probably do sell to other sinners, they have just not been asked to bake a cake celebrating those specific sins.

Why do you have to lie to make your point?

Judgment Days

Turned away from the pearly gates? Are you saying that there are rules and regulations that you have to follow to get into heaven? Do they ask questions at the gate and then decide whether you belong there? Well damn. Who'd have thunk that Heaven didn't have open borders. My, my.

Would you recognize a Bible if you saw one?

Evangelicals oppose

Healthcare for children
Food for poor families
Financial aid for single mothers

But baking a cake for a gay wedding?
They are outraged

You are not comparing the right concepts. Have any of these bakers been asked to bake a cake celebrating a person's adultery?

In all these cases the defendants said they would provide goods of a point of sale nature to the plaintiffs, just not a wedding cake. So they probably do sell to other sinners, they have just not been asked to bake a cake celebrating those specific sins.

Why do you have to lie to make your point?
The wedding celebrates adultery

Why bake a cake ?

Forum List

Back