Evangelicals Renounce Trump: 'Our Faith Hangs In The Balance'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
This is bigger than partisan politics.

Nearly 100 evangelical leaders have signed onto a letter urging their fellow Christians to vote against Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, who, they write, “has fueled white American nationalism with xenophobic appeals and religious intolerance at the expense of gospel values, democratic principles, and important international relationships.”

The letter was posted to Change.org on Thursday, and had nearly 5,000 signatures by midday Friday.

"Racism is America’s original sin. Its brazen use to win elections threatens to reverse real progress on racial equity and set America back." --Letter from evangelicals

More: Evangelical Leaders Don't Want Trump To Win: The 'Integrity Of Our Faith Hangs In The Balance'

I am pleasantly surprised that Evangelicals are finally waking up to Trump. What took them so long? Hopefully more will follow...

Last edited:
Their credibility also hangs in the balance.

Nearly 100 evangelical leaders have signed onto a letter urging their fellow Christians to vote against Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, who, they write, “has fueled white American nationalism with xenophobic appeals and religious intolerance at the expense of gospel values, democratic principles, and important international relationships.”

The letter was posted to Change.org on Thursday, and had nearly 5,000 signatures by midday Friday.

"Racism is America’s original sin. Its brazen use to win elections threatens to reverse real progress on racial equity and set America back." --Letter from evangelicals

More: Evangelical Leaders Don't Want Trump To Win: The 'Integrity Of Our Faith Hangs In The Balance'

I am pleasantly surprised that Evangelicals are finally waking up to Trump. What took them so long? Hopefully more will follow...

If you pathetic little regressives didn't have that broad brush, you wouldn't have any tools in your bag of lies.

HuffyPuffy telling partisan lies again..

I'm shocked...

"Racism is America’s original sin. Its brazen use to win elections threatens to reverse real progress on racial equity and set America back." -
Oh ya. Obama has worked to make "real progress" on racial equality.
Take your head out of Hillary's asshole pal.

"Racism is America’s original sin. Its brazen use to win elections threatens to reverse real progress on racial equity and set America back." -
Oh ya. Obama has worked to make "real progress" on racial equality.
Take your head out of Hillary's asshole pal.

Notice how HuffyPuffy never mentions who these "evangelical leaders" actually are? Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, Jesse Jackson... :eusa_whistle:

Leftist gutter media like Huffinton lies - incessantly.

You beat me to it. I shortened it up

The ‘Integrity Of Our Faith Hangs In The Balance’. Trump who they write, “has fueled white American nationalism with xenophobic appeals and religious intolerance at the expense of gospel values, democratic principles, and important international relationships.” “Sometimes historic moments arise when more is at stake than partisan politics ― when the meaning and integrity of our faith hangs in the balance. This is one of those moments.”

Trump’s efforts to fuel the birther movement, along with his statements on Mexicans, immigrants and Muslims inspired their opposition, the leaders wrote. “Because we believe that racial bigotry has been a cornerstone of this campaign, it is a foundational matter of the gospel for us in this election, and not just another issue,” they wrote. “This is not just a social problem, but a fundamental wrong. Racism is America’s original sin. Its brazen use to win elections threatens to reverse real progress on racial equity and set America back.”

I'm shocked...

For the mentally impaired - Huffington Post is not the original source of the OP. The OP contains a LIVE link to the original source. Change.org is the original source. Once again, here it is...

Donald Trump: A Declaration by American Evangelicals Concerning Donald Trump

I'm shocked...

For the mentally impaired - Huffington Post is not the original source of the OP. The OP contains a LIVE link to the original source. Change.org is the original source. Once again, here it is...

Change.org, the Soros funded hate site? :lmao:

You fucking commies - not a hint or shred of integrity in any of you.

These evangelicals aren't the ones that the news media is referring to when they discuss the Christian right. They are the Christian left in every election.

White Evangelicals and Trump are a perfect match. One is a morally reprehensible authoritarian and the evangelicals are predominantly morally reprehensible authoritarian followers.

I'm shocked...

Change.org, the Soros funded hate site? :lmao:

You fucking commies - not a hint or shred of integrity in any of you.

Soros funded? Link?

I'm shocked...

read it, it comes from the "give me free shit" crowd.
Once again, its driven out of the fear of actually having to be responsible.
But, Maybe I will start a petition to make it illegal for people to use fake native american names while being assholes on political forums. I can do that on change you know.
Get a few signatures and you would go away.

I'm shocked...

read it, it comes from the "give me free shit" crowd.
Once again, its driven out of the fear of actually having to be responsible.
But, Maybe I will start a petition to make it illegal for people to use fake native american names while being assholes on political forums. I can do that on change you know.
Get a few signatures and you would go away.

Are you saying Evangelicals want "free shit"...? Well, they are tax-exempt...

Forum List

Back