Even Ben Stein is not amused by the Donald and debt

In all my years as an economist… I have never seen such nonsense as we just heard from Mr. Trump and it breaks my heart, it makes me want to cry,” economist and comedian Ben Stein said on television. LOL

Juan Williams: Trump, false promises and the economy

And the scary thing is he's out polling Hillary on the economy.
People tend to think in linear terms, so because Trump is a businessman, they assume he'd be proficient at running a nation's economy.

Well, to begin with, his overall business performance during his lifetime isn't really all that fantastic, given the fact that he started off with a fortune. And secondly, he's already tossed out two ideas that terrify markets: Essentially starting a trade war with China over tariffs, and inflating our way out of debt. These are not the musings of someone who considers the ramifications of their ideas.

We can only hope that, if he indeed wins the election, he'll have someone around him with considerable macroeconomic experience and success. Someone who can carefully talk him out of his shallow, naive economic ideas.

200 MILLION turned into 4.5 Billion is fucking a business failure? Not fantastic? He's shallow and naive?

Give your head a shake Mac. Look at what happened with the Seagram family or many others that have pissed away the family fortunes. For crying out loud he's a success.

Oh fuck it. Go vote for Hillary. Why bother talking any more?

People here clearly don't appreciate Stein's greatest triumph, below.

That said, he's not the only economist who's worried about Trump.

200_s.gif

I'm sure Stein has a vested interest in cheap labor.

think the Trumpbots give a shit about Donnie fucking up the economy ?

thats RICH !

:lmao:

trade wars, printing $$, massive inflation, defaulting on our debt with dozens of countries ....WOOHOO !

fuck it I'm a BILLIONAIRE !! :dance:

In all my years as an economist… I have never seen such nonsense as we just heard from Mr. Trump and it breaks my heart, it makes me want to cry,” economist and comedian Ben Stein said on television. LOL

People tend to think in linear terms, so because Trump is a businessman, they assume he'd be proficient at running a nation's economy.

Well, to begin with, his overall business performance during his lifetime isn't really all that fantastic, given the fact that he started off with a fortune. And secondly, he's already tossed out two ideas that terrify markets: Essentially starting a trade war with China over tariffs, and inflating our way out of debt. These are not the musings of someone who considers the ramifications of their ideas.

We can only hope that, if he indeed wins the election, he'll have someone around him with considerable macroeconomic experience and success. Someone who can carefully talk him out of his shallow, naive economic ideas.

200 MILLION turned into 4.5 Billion is fucking a business failure? Not fantastic? He's shallow and naive?

Give your head a shake Mac. Look at what happened with the Seagram family or many others that have pissed away the family fortunes. For crying out loud he's a success.

Trump Worth $10 Billion Less Than If He’d Simply Invested in Index Funds

He created jobs, and that's a good thing. But he's not a business savant, and I suspect much of his success has come from simply mauling people through the sheer force of his personality.

He created jobs, and that's a good thing. But he's not a business savant, and I suspect much of his success has come from simply mauling people through the sheer force of his personality.

Hey! Look at Hillary...tell me again what did she did to be worth in excess of 80Million?

Hey! Look at Hillary...tell me again what did she did to be worth in excess of 80Million?
I dunno, what? Speaking engagements, books, I dunno.

Let's see, when she first ran for President 8 years ago she claimed she had ZERO assets.
Within 3 months she was found to be worth 25 Million.
Within 2 more months she was found to be worth 35 Million.
Within 1 month after that she was found to be worth 85 Million.
Yeah...Hillary's REAL honest.

Read her tax reports ( if you can read) ...

now try and read Trumps tax reports ... oh wait, he refuses to let us>

Let's see, when she first ran for President 8 years ago she claimed she had ZERO assets.
Within 3 months she was found to be worth 25 Million.
Within 2 more months she was found to be worth 35 Million.
Within 1 month after that she was found to be worth 85 Million.
Yeah...Hillary's REAL honest.
Okay, so what do her tax returns show?

Anyone who tried to sell steaks at the Sharper Image is not a brilliant businessman, they're a fucking idiot. Period.

200_s.gif

Look I am a huge fan of Stein. When I had television I would be glued to "win ben steins money". It was freaking hysterical.

I just wish everyone would take a deep breath on the conservative side of life and look at the possible of reality of a Clinton administration and gauge their comments appropriately. I think at this point it time it would be constructive for many no matter what sector they are in to look at Trump as the potential new President and start putting forth great ideas and backing potential appointees and explaining why they should be in the administration.

Honestly, I don't care about Trump or Hillary's worth or income, I care about what they have been doing or discussing for THE LAST 20 YEARS.
Hillary is an MNC tool...if that's what you want, that's YOUR business.
She has NEVER supported or proposed any legislation in favor of the working class or minorities...if that's what you want, that's YOUR business.

200_s.gif

Look I am a huge fan of Stein. When I had television I would be glued to "win ben steins money". It was freaking hysterical.

I just wish everyone would take a deep breath on the conservative side of life and look at the possible of reality of a Clinton administration and gauge their comments appropriately. I think at this point it time it would be constructive for many no matter what sector they are in to look at Trump as the potential new President and start putting forth great ideas and backing potential appointees and explaining why they should be in the administration.
If Hillary wins, God forbid, the current decline of America will continue.

Honestly, I don't care about Trump or Hillary's worth or income, I care about what they have been doing or discussing for THE LAST 20 YEARS.
She has NEVER supported or proposed any legislation in favor of the working class or minorities...if that's what you want, that's YOUR business.

Excuse me, you're full of shit.

Oh come on Mac. He's the billionaire. And he's taken great chances and he's won and he's lost but most time he has won. Credit where credit is due. Your logic or mis logic on this is really disappointing me. I'm doing a little comparison now to put it in perspective.

Look. I get a gold a platinum and a double platinum win and a Juno award. I did.

You basically like you just did with Trump would be telling me I won nothing of merit because it wasn't a Grammy. And because the music was punk and country it didn't count. Because.....because.........because.

You are saying that what he has accomplished is jack shit. That's wrong Mac. That's really really wrong.

You must be very young or very illiterate because I have NEVER, since the late 80s, heard of ANY piece of solid legislation that Hillary has proposed that would benefit anyone but Wall Street.

You are saying that what he has accomplished is jack shit. That's wrong Mac. That's really really wrong.
That's not what I'm saying. I made two distinct points: He could have been worth $10 billion more if he had put his Dad's money in an index fund, and it's a good thing that he created some jobs. Both seem pretty factual to me. Jobs are a good thing.

I also look at his personality and behaviors, and I've known a couple of people like that in my life. They just overwhelm people to get what they want. It doesn't mean they were particularly good at what they do, they just impose their will on others.

Trump isn't gonna be able to impose his will on professional politicians, either here or abroad. And, on top of his embarrassing personality, I'm listening to what he's saying about various issues. No thanks.

That's not what I'm saying. I made two distinct points: He could have been worth $10 billion more if he had put his Dad's money in an index fund, and it's a good thing that he created some jobs. Both seem pretty factual to me. Jobs are a good thing.

I also look at his personality and behaviors, and I've known a couple of people like that in my life. They just overwhelm people to get what they want. It doesn't mean they were particularly good at what they do, they just impose their will on others.

Trump isn't gonna be able to impose his will on professional politicians, either here or abroad. And, on top of his embarrassing personality, I'm listening to what he's saying about various issues. No thanks.
Trump knew he was up against BIG MONEY...much bigger than what he has.
You CAN'T be polite against sociopaths.

You must be very young or very illiterate because I have NEVER, since the late 80s, heard of ANY piece of solid legislation that Hillary has proposed that would benefit anyone but Wall Street.

since the 80's ? you know why Moron?

Hillary Rodham Clinton served as a United States Senator from New York from January 3, 2001 to January 21, 2009. She won the United States Senate election in New York, 2000 and the United States Senate election in New York, 2006.

maybe it was 20 years before she was in any position to pass legislation.

since the 80's ? you know why Moron?

Hillary Rodham Clinton served as a United States Senator from New York from January 3, 2001 to January 21, 2009. She won the United States Senate election in New York, 2000 and the United States Senate election in New York, 2006.

maybe it was 20 years before she was in any position to pass legislation.

Excuse me, Hillary was married to a President and couldn't shut her mouth for a second.
They were vetted going back a long time and I can't remember her being involved with anything worthwhile.

And what has she supported since she was First Lady and Senator?
Go ahead, answer THAT question?

Forum List

Back