harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
anything that needs judges is not a sport:
figure skating
the diving events
etc
it should just be the fastest, farthest, highest, etc
..and then they added beach volleyball when there already was a volleyball event
morons.....

There has to be a defense for it to be a sport. Someone has to be prevention you from meeting your goal; someone who can adapt as you do. Figure skating, diving, swimming, those things are not sports. Golf is not a sport. Football is a sport. Yet, I don't think The Olympics are about sports as much as physical human capabilities.

figure skating
the diving events
etc
..and then they added beach volleyball when there already was a volleyball event
morons.....

Soooooooooooooo no room for grace huh.

There has to be a defense for it to be a sport. Someone has to be prevention you from meeting your goal; someone who can adapt as you do. Figure skating, diving, swimming, those things are not sports. Golf is not a sport. Football is a sport. Yet, I don't think The Olympics are about sports as much as physical human capabilities.
So track and field...not a sport?

Where's the "defense" in downhill skiing? Or a triathlon?

Agree with golf though. Anything that requires no physical exertion can't be called a "sport". If anything competitive counted, card playing would be a frickin' sport.

There's no valid way to prevent your opponent from succeeding.
It's a competition.

There's no valid way to prevent your opponent from succeeding.
It's a competition.
Isnt that what sport is....

I mean, obviously, most people don't agree with my definition. I just try to point out that there should be some differentiation between athletic competitions with a defensive strategy and those that are based solely on innate skill.

figure skating
the diving events
etc
morons.....

Soooooooooooooo no room for grace huh.
these figure skaters are just dancing around

the gymnastic floor exercise is a lot of dancing around
I give it to them they are like spidermen [ and women ]--amazing how they can ''fly''
but the dancing is fruitytooty

you might also want to point out to him that those were the original olympic events.

figure skating
the diving events
etc
morons.....
Robot judges to remove the bias and home townism

you might also want to point out to him that those were the original olympic events.

The Olympics are mostly about individual physical achievement. It's proof for what a man or woman can do. If you want to see that you can't have someone stopping you.

the gymnastic floor exercise is a lot of dancing around
I give it to them they are like spidermen [ and women ]--amazing how they can ''fly''
but the dancing is fruitytooty

Yyyyyeah unfortunately testosterone poisoning is not an Olympic event though.

figure skating
the diving events
etc
morons.....
Robot judges to remove the bias and home townism
I don't think their should be ''sports'' [ dancing ] with judges
it's like Dancing With the Stars

figure skating
the diving events
etc
morons.....
I was just watching this guy figure skating. So gay

the snowboarding--they just brought that in for the kids!!
it's supposed to be the Olympics--not the kiddie show

I dislike any sport that requires a panel of "experts" to determine who is best. The only "judging" should be to decide is someone stayed within the bounds of the competition. Highest, fastest, furthest should be the deciding factors.

2310146.jpg CANADIAN CURLING

Forum List

Back