🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Every Third Child In Gaza Stunted by Hunger

Artevelde -

I think this may have been the one which happened when I was there....I don't quite remember the dates, but I think it proves my point.

CAIRO, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- An Egyptian convoy carrying relief materials has been blocked from entering the Palestinian territory of Gaza Strip for three days, the Palestinian embassy in Cairo said on Monday.

Due to "obstacles by Israeli forces," the Egyptian aid convoy still can not cross into the coastal enclave, the Egyptian MENA news agency reported, citing a press release of the Palestinian embassy.

The convoy of five trucks, offered by the Egyptian Red Crescent Society with medicine, 40 tons of flour and 20 tons of rice, has planned to reach Gaza via the Israeli-controlled Kerem Shalom crossing.

The Palestinian embassy said Israeli forces justified the move to stop aid with ongoing rocket firing from Gaza at Israel.

Report: Egyptian relief convoy blocked from entering Gaza_English_Xinhua

Again: Israel has never attempted to blockade Gaza from food deliveries. that doesn't mean there have never been delays. But there NEVER has been a blockade against food reaching Gaza. If there is a food shortage in Gaza it therefore is solely of the Palestinians own choosing.

Arte -

This sounds like a little more than a delay - the story cites Israeli "obstacles".

You know - you've accused me of lying about 10 times on this thread, and yet here we have some fairly solid proof that what I was claiming is true. We may disagree about what constitutes a delay and what a blockade, but I do think you might be man enough to admit that the constant accusations of lying and the negative rep points were a bit over the top.

btw. I live in Helsinki right now. I have lived in Israel previously. I admit that my previous post was less than clear.

Last edited:
Artevelde -

I think this may have been the one which happened when I was there....I don't quite remember the dates, but I think it proves my point.

CAIRO, Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- An Egyptian convoy carrying relief materials has been blocked from entering the Palestinian territory of Gaza Strip for three days, the Palestinian embassy in Cairo said on Monday.

Due to "obstacles by Israeli forces," the Egyptian aid convoy still can not cross into the coastal enclave, the Egyptian MENA news agency reported, citing a press release of the Palestinian embassy.

The convoy of five trucks, offered by the Egyptian Red Crescent Society with medicine, 40 tons of flour and 20 tons of rice, has planned to reach Gaza via the Israeli-controlled Kerem Shalom crossing.

The Palestinian embassy said Israeli forces justified the move to stop aid with ongoing rocket firing from Gaza at Israel.

Again: Israel has never attempted to blockade Gaza from food deliveries. that doesn't mean there have never been delays. But there NEVER has been a blockade against food reaching Gaza. If there is a food shortage in Gaza it therefore is solely of the Palestinians own choosing.

Arte -

This sounds like a little more than a delay - the story cites Israeli "obstacles".

You know - you've accused me of lying about 10 times on this thread, and yet here we have some fairly solid proof that what I was claiming is true. We may disagree about what constitutes a delay and what a blockade, but I do think you might be man enough to admit that the constant accusations of lying and the begative rep points were a bit over the top.

Apparently you can't even read and understand the texts you post yourself. Pretty pathetic.

At no point did Israel stop the flow of food into Gaza. How do you think that whole army of aid workers and other stupid people who come to live there are supported? Can't you even think logically?

. How do you think that whole army of aid workers and other stupid people who come to live there are supported? Can't you even think logically?

I can - and I can also tell you that as I sometimes travel and stay with NGO workers - they don't generally use the same food resources as those they distribute.

I have to say - I am disappointed that you can't admit that your endless stream of accusations of lying were unfounded in this case. I do have a point, and the case I cited above here proves that.

You are smart enough and literate enough to occasionally admit to error, and also to leave the streams of abuse that seem to have become your modus operandi.

. How do you think that whole army of aid workers and other stupid people who come to live there are supported? Can't you even think logically?

I can - and I can also tell you that as I sometimes travel and stay with NGO workers - they don't generally use the same food resources as those they distribute.

I have to say - I am disappointed that you can't admit that your endless stream of accusations of lying were unfounded in this case. I do have a point, and the case I cited above here proves that.

You are smart enough and literate enough to occasionally admit to error, and also to leave the streams of abuse that seem to have become your modus operandi.

I just have a bit of a hang-up about facts and truth. And it is a lie to claim that Israel has tried to blockade food from Gaza. Your disingenious way of lying is to conflate food with "aid" or "relief" or "basic necessities" in general.

I have - in general - found you very badly informed about the facts in many threads. You may claim all sorts of expertise for yourself, but you are very far removed from reality.

Artve -

My first post on this topic is #132. I don't mention food - I mention aid.

I then went on to talk about commodities - and the use of commodities in the production of food.

I have never claimed that Israel tried to blockade food per se, and specifically said that Israel has never attempted to starve Gaza.

I still don't see how anything here constitutes "a lie", and I strongly doubt you do either.

I'm fairly comfortable with my hold on reality.

Artve -

My first post on this topic is #132. I don't mention food - I mention aid.

I then went on to talk about commodities - and the use of commodities in the production of food.

I have never claimed that Israel tried to blockade food per se, and specifically said that Israel has never attempted to starve Gaza.

I still don't see how anything here constitutes "a lie", and I strongly doubt you do either.

I'm fairly comfortable with my hold on reality.

You have repeatedly in this thread told me and other posters that our statements about Israel not blockading food were not true. Apparently you not only have a strained relationship with reality, but also with your own writings. Next time you may want to think before writing something in a posting.

Sitting in the bar at the Marriott in Alexandria, with everyone staring at you as if they'd like to slit your throat - timeless.

It's a shame you didn't have the balls to step outside your American-style hotel.

Alex is a very interesting city, lots to see there.

Certainly. And a female person who often guides tourist groups through Egypt has recently told me they've given up, considering the unsafe situation, especially for women and the breakdown in law and order.

Unfortunately I think the tourist sector in Egypt is going to take a big hit.

Well of course, until the Egyptians get their house in order its pretty safe to say their tourism industry will lose alot of money.

Artevelde -

Israel has bulldozed 1/3 of Gaza's agricultural land destroying crops and irrigation systems. Israel shoots at and sometimes kills farmers who are working their land. Israel bombed Gaza's only flour mill and many other food production facilities. Israel has destroyed poultry farms killing hundreds of thousand of chickens. Israel has destroyed hundreds of greenhouses. Israel has uprooted hundreds of thousand of fruit and nut trees. Israel has all but destroyed Gaza's fishing industry.

So, who is responsible for food shortages in Gaza?

Artevelde -

Israel has bulldozed 1/3 of Gaza's agricultural land destroying crops and irrigation systems. Israel shoots at and sometimes kills farmers who are working their land. Israel bombed Gaza's only flour mill and many other food production facilities. Israel has destroyed poultry farms killing hundreds of thousand of chickens. Israel has destroyed hundreds of greenhouses. Israel has uprooted hundreds of thousand of fruit and nut trees. Israel has all but destroyed Gaza's fishing industry.

Those who feel that importing arms for terrorists is more important than food.

Another one of your incoherent posts.

Another one of your incoherent posts.
The post was clear as a bell. You know it, everyone knows it and everyone knows you love to make an ass of yourself so you can get attention. What a pathetic figure.

You have repeatedly in this thread told me and other posters that our statements about Israel not blockading food were not true. Apparently you not only have a strained relationship with reality, but also with your own writings. Next time you may want to think before writing something in a posting.

And I have produced evidence that aid - including food - was blockaded.

Really, dude, your off-topic abuse and constant need for name calling is starting to look like Tourette's Syndrome. You are about two meltdowns away from becoming Rhodes Scholar.

btw. I'll be in Amsterdam on July 01 if you feel like buying me a beer. (And yes, I know Amsterdam isn't in Belgium).

The post was clear as a bell. You know it, everyone knows it and everyone knows you love to make an ass of yourself so you can get attention. What a pathetic figure.

How did his post relate to my post?
You asked a question, he answered it coherently and you asked another asinine question, Bubba.

But you still cannot say how they relate.

BTW, Israel's destruction of Gaza precedes Hamas and rockets. Why is that the current propaganda point?

next thing you know they'll be telling us they are cold too, after hamas pillaged warehouses full of blankets and other such specie from the UNRWA....cry me a river.

He probably hates America as much as he hates Israel.

I live in Israel.

there's an israel in helsinki?

cool...

or did you forget what you listed as your location for this sock?

No, not at all - I live in Finland at the moment, but I have also lived in Israel, and am considering moving back there. I still have an Israeli residency permit.

Hence the idea that I somehow hate Israel doesn't strike me as terribly credible - particulaly given my home town in Israel is 1500 metres from Lebanon.

And I have produced evidence that aid - including food - was blockaded.

Really, dude, your off-topic abuse and constant need for name calling is starting to look like Tourette's Syndrome. You are about two meltdowns away from becoming Rhodes Scholar.

btw. I'll be in Amsterdam on July 01 if you feel like buying me a beer. (And yes, I know Amsterdam isn't in Belgium).

You are pathetic. I generally don't go and drink with liars.

Forum List

Back