Everyone gets a trophy. Virginia High School of 457 has 117 valedictorians

Grades have become a joke as most teachers are more than willing to accept a bribe in exchange for giving out As. We need standardized tests to determine who the top students are.

The new trend in validating top students Make them all valedictorians - The Washington Post

july 12 2015
The top student in a high school’s graduating class used to earn the honor of being the valedictorian, and traditionally that one student delivered a commencement speech that helped send his or her classmates out into the adult world.

But at Arlington’s Washington-Lee High School this year, there were 117 valedictorians out of a class of 457. At Long Beach Polytechnic in California, there were 30. And at some schools — including North Hills High outside of Pittsburgh and high schools in Miami — there were none.

The nation’s high schools are changing the way they recognize top students, struggling to balance praise for them while also quelling unhealthy competition among classmates as the college application process grows more cutthroat.
Not everyone got a trophy now did they?

Wow! I could have been Valedictorian.
If you had just been able to do the three R's, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
Two out of the thre Rs are examples of bad spelling.
That is what I told them, but they just gave me that go to hell look...
Did you go?
Where?
Hell, after you were given the look.

If you had just been able to do the three R's, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
Two out of the thre Rs are examples of bad spelling.
That is what I told them, but they just gave me that go to hell look...
Did you go?
Where?
Hell, after you were given the look.
No, it was the 1970's so I didn't go to Hell till I got married in the 1980's...

liberals-termites.jpg
intolerant-liberal-hypocrite.jpg

George said it all...

And said it very well...

A result of decades of Creeping Liberalism...

Enough of this touchy-feely crap...

[

There is nothing wrong with competition, if little Johnny or Susie isn't good enough say at gymnastics they need to find something they are good at. Bringing down the achievers isn't fair to the achievers

Hell - competition is GREAT and we need more of it. But grades are not the answer since teachers take bribes. Valedictorians should be determined by standardized test such as the ACT.

Grades have become a joke as most teachers are more than willing to accept a bribe in exchange for giving out As. We need standardized tests to determine who the top students are.

The new trend in validating top students Make them all valedictorians - The Washington Post

july 12 2015
The top student in a high school’s graduating class used to earn the honor of being the valedictorian, and traditionally that one student delivered a commencement speech that helped send his or her classmates out into the adult world.

But at Arlington’s Washington-Lee High School this year, there were 117 valedictorians out of a class of 457. At Long Beach Polytechnic in California, there were 30. And at some schools — including North Hills High outside of Pittsburgh and high schools in Miami — there were none.

The nation’s high schools are changing the way they recognize top students, struggling to balance praise for them while also quelling unhealthy competition among classmates as the college application process grows more cutthroat.

Will start caring what high schools do the moment the professional world does. ;)

Evidently you stoopid bums do not know that there is standardized testing in schools...and they make it easy like it was 50 years ago with multiple choice...

...or they could make it like Jeopardy was with Art Fleming
I am sure they would learn more if there was a monetary prize, just like working....

Well, except it's called a "Career"
I call it the slave pit...

Will start caring what high schools do the moment the professional world does. ;)

Prolly true. Public schools have been dumbed down so much to accomodate blacks and illegals, that a HS diploma doesn't prove much anymore. Millions of HS graduates that read at third grade level and have no idea what 12 divided by 3 is.

Prolly true. Public schools have been dumbed down so much to accomodate blacks and illegals, that a HS diploma doesn't prove much anymore. Millions of HS graduates that read at third grade level and have no idea what 12 divided by 3 is.
I bet you would not pass the GED test...

I bet you would not pass the GED test...
Doesn't matter.

Does he have a valid point?

Have schools been dumbed-down to accommodate non-whites?

Forum List

Back