🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Everyone has solutions, - lets hear yours: North Korea

Military strike--millions die.
Diplomacy--no one has tried since .... when? But reports are the guy is a maniac who can't be reasoned with.
The assassination thing, which if it could be accomplished, probably would have been done years ago.
So we sit back and wait for him to perfect his nukes? Watch as he fires more and more technically capable missiles into the Sea of Japan?

Do I hear a motion for the millions dying?
I hear a motion for the millions dying?

I can't say I'd aim to kill off millions, but their demise isn't something over which I'll lose any sleep.
I'm not sure I like the idea of killing off millions of North and South Koreans just because they had the great misfortune of being born there and NK has the leader it does. So much of life is the luck of where you're born, isn't it?
So you don't agree that China has the magic wand to fend off this maniac?
I'm not sure I like the idea of killing off millions of North and South Koreans just because they had the great misfortune of being born there and NK has the leader it does.

I don't particularly like the notion, but I'm not troubled by it as goes NK.

So much of life is the luck of where you're born, isn't it?
Yes. One need not without exception be limited by their circumstance of birth, but if one doesn't act to not be constrained by it, one will be. That's as much the case for North Koreans as it is of every other creature on the planet.

I don't know whether China has a "magic wand" that can contain, constrain or change that loon. I know only that they've either (1) been reticent to use it if they have one, or (2) the "magic in their wand" doesn't work. They've now had, what, five or six missile tests worth of time to wave whatever "wand" they have. I'm sorry, but I've seen no "rabbits popping out of the hat," only ballistic missiles flying through the sky and nuclear weapons exploding.

The only way out of this tension is diplomacy, and by that I mean real diplomacy where the US, including the President, hold out an olive branch to NK and begin talks to reassure them that we don't want their little stinkin' country. Will we persuade them to get rid of their ballistic missiles and nuclear bombs? Probably not. But if we were allies or at least neutral, NK might relax.

If we could just hug it out the unicorns would sing and all would be well. So nice...
I wouldn't necessarily bet the farm on it being successful, but would it be worth a try before killing millions of people? Do you HAVE to be so pessimistic and critical ALL the time?

How about learning of the long, bitter relationship and being realistic?
long, bitter relationship between whom?
America and NK?
NK and SK?
China and _____?
Why don't you teach me? I'd be happy to know more about it.

Diplomacy--no one has tried since .... when? But reports are the guy is a maniac who can't be reasoned with.
The assassination thing, which if it could be accomplished, probably would have been done years ago.
So we sit back and wait for him to perfect his nukes? Watch as he fires more and more technically capable missiles into the Sea of Japan?

I can't say I'd aim to kill off millions, but their demise isn't something over which I'll lose any sleep.
I'm not sure I like the idea of killing off millions of North and South Koreans just because they had the great misfortune of being born there and NK has the leader it does. So much of life is the luck of where you're born, isn't it?
Americans are prolife though.
Well, there is the strange incongruity of principle found in decrying abortion and countenancing killing birthed humans. That's not a dilemma I face as, from a policy standpoint, I'm pro-choice.

Last edited:

I'm not sure I like the idea of killing off millions of North and South Koreans just because they had the great misfortune of being born there and NK has the leader it does.

I don't particularly like the notion, but I'm not troubled by it as goes NK.

So much of life is the luck of where you're born, isn't it?
Yes. One need not without exception be limited by their circumstance of birth, but if one doesn't act to not be constrained by it, one will be. That's as much the case for North Koreans as it is of every other creature on the planet.

I don't know whether China has a "magic wand" that can contain, constrain or change that loon. I know only that they've either (1) been reticent to use it if they have one, or (2) the "magic in their wand" doesn't work. They've now had, what, five or six missile tests worth of time to wave whatever "wand" they have. I'm sorry, but I've seen no "rabbits popping out of the hat," only ballistic missiles flying through the sky and nuclear weapons exploding.
You and Unk seem to both have a lot of back story here. I know absolutely nothing about NK except what I learned from M.A.S.H. and what I've heard in the past few months about their missile strikes. I know you could tell me to research it, but I don't know who to trust, and I would trust both of you to tell me why you are so dead set against this guy? I don't doubt you, I just don't know why.

Truly, I don't know why the Russians haven't taken him out. They murdered their own royal family. It can't be nearly as challenging to countenance doing away with a "looney tune" like KJU. I suppose Putin like KJU being there because Un is a source of instability, instability works to Russia's advantage at the moment. \

You're clueless. First off, anyone that knows anything about North Korea is aware that Kim is a mere figurehead. The real governing body in the DPRK is the National Defense Commission. The highest ranking generals determine everything that goes on inside the country, and they only kept the Kim family around due to their strong cult of personality.

The DPRK is as much of an ally to the Russian Federation as it is the PRC. Russia is North Korea's second largest trade partner, and has offered billions in loans to the regime. Both countries have agreed on the creation of joint economic development zones at their border regions. The Russian defense industry sells a lot of high tech military equipment to the KPA.

China and Russia often get tired of their bullshit, but make no mistake. They are military and economically aligned.

Truly, I don't know why the Russians haven't taken him out. They murdered their own royal family. It can't be nearly as challenging to countenance doing away with a "looney tune" like KJU. I suppose Putin like KJU being there because Un is a source of instability, instability works to Russia's advantage at the moment. \

You're clueless. First off, anyone that knows anything about North Korea is aware that Kim is a mere figurehead. The real governing body in the DPRK is the National Defense Commission. The highest ranking generals determine everything that goes on inside the country, and they only kept the Kim family around due to their strong cult of personality.

The DPRK is as much of an ally to the Russian Federation as it is the PRC. Russia is North Korea's second largest trade partner, and has offered billions in loans to the regime. Both countries have agreed on the creation of joint economic development zones at their border regions. The Russian defense industry sells a lot of high tech military equipment to the KPA.

China and Russia often get tired of their bullshit, but make no mistake. They are military and economically aligned.
Are you the only person who knows this? I have not heard a word of this breathed ANYWHERE in any news coverage--it's always that China is it's only supplier of coal, food, etc. Considering how much we've been vilifying the Russians lately, you'd think we would take the opportunity to slam them on this, if it were true.

The nuclear bombs North Korea has tested are not exactly huge strategic weapons and they certainly don't have sufficient numbers of weapons, nor the ability to efficiently deliver those weapons in a way that is an existential threat to Japan, the US, etc.

The US doesn't have to fear NK missiles, but South Korea, Japan are within range of their first generation nodong missiles.

north-korea-missile-range.jpg

OldLady said:
Are you the only person who knows this? I have not heard a word of this breathed ANYWHERE in any news coverage--it's always that China is it's only supplier of coal, food, etc. Considering how much we've been vilifying the Russians lately, you'd think we would take the opportunity to slam them on this, if it were true.

It's absolutely true. There has been tension between Russia and North Korea lately, but they are still their second largest trade partner and have extensive military cooperation. Russia has sold them T-90 tanks, Su-25 aircraft, and Mi-24 hinds.

Last edited:

It's absolutely true. There has been tension between Russia and North Korea lately, but they are still their second largest trade partner and have extensive military cooperation. Russia has sold them T-90 tanks, Su-25 aircraft, and Mi-24 hinds.
Why does the quote box show Great Gatsby asking my question? Just curious what happened.

Why does the quote box show Great Gatsby asking my question? Just curious what happened.
Sometimes the software has a glitch.

Then you have to go in yourself and edit/fix it.

OldLady said:

Since N.Korea's fat boy is not lobbing missiles at Russia I doubt that the Russians care much either way if N.Korea goes nuclear or not.

So far England and France have nukes pointed at Russia as does the USA.

There are two nations with nukes pointed at the USA -- they are Russia and China.

So it makes a big difference if N.Korea and their fat boy become a 3rd -- plus irrationality is another problem in N.Korea same as with Iran.

Iran is Israel's problem.

N.Korea is the USA's.

Sometimes the software has a glitch.

Then you have to go in yourself and edit/fix it.
upload_2017-4-9_17-14-31.png

I am less worried about N.Korea having nukes than about them having rockets/missiles that can deliver therm.

Nobody is threatening N.Korea so they have no excuse for wasting money on this.

They need to feed their people first.

I am less worried about N.Korea having nukes than about them having rockets/missiles that can deliver therm.

You do realize the Korean war never ended. Look up the armistice, it was just a temporary cease fire.

The only way out of this tension is diplomacy, and by that I mean real diplomacy where the US, including the President, hold out an olive branch to NK and begin talks to reassure them that we don't want their little stinkin' country. Will we persuade them to get rid of their ballistic missiles and nuclear bombs? Probably not. But if we were allies or at least neutral, NK might relax.

If we could just hug it out the unicorns would sing and all would be well. So nice...
I wouldn't necessarily bet the farm on it being successful, but would it be worth a try before killing millions of people? Do you HAVE to be so pessimistic and critical ALL the time?

How about learning of the long, bitter relationship and being realistic?
long, bitter relationship between whom?....

North and South Korea.

Don't assume a rational actor.

We should lift sanctions and promote trade and tourism. How about that peace treaty that we have been blocking since 1953? I think that is about due. The Korean people have been wanting to reunify for a long time.

I seriously doubt that the South Koreans want Kim Jong-Un as their Dear Leader.

Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back