Zone1 Everyone is prejudiced

jack3

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2024
N Florida
Prejudice simply means to pre-judge. Everyone does it because it's human nature. If you think some groups don't engage in prejudice, then perhaps you are really prejudiced.

Prejudice simply means to pre-judge. Everyone does it because it's human nature. If you think some groups don't engage in prejudice, then perhaps you are really prejudiced.

Yes, it's why we wear clothes. We're telling people about us, the way we dress, the way we have our hair, the way we walk, sit, the way we laugh, lots of communication is happening before we do anything.

However there are different types of people. Those who judge beforehand and don't try to change their view, and those who know there's prejudgement and will have thoughts, but are willing to change their view.

It always cuts both ways for every opposite group.

Young employer: "I don't hire old people. They think they know it all."
Old employer: "I don't hire young people. They think they know it all."
Black employer: "I don't hire whites. They're racist."
White employer: "I don't hire blacks. They wear their pants below their ass crack."

It always cuts both ways for every opposite group.

Young employer: "I don't hire old people. They think they know it all."
Old employer: "I don't hire young people. They think they know it all."
Black employer: "I don't hire whites. They're racist."
White employer: "I don't hire blacks. They wear their pants below their ass crack."
I knew a guy who would not hire men. He said women worker harder. It was bullshit, of course. He couldn't push men around like he did women.

Forum List

Back