Eviscerating 'The Roosevelt Alibi'

t you can't blame all of it happening on Roosevelt....

There is only one president's signature on EO 1066, moron.
You poor little victim of GOP revisionism.

s

What revisionism? Whose signature is on EO 1066, asshole?
I don't really care...

Are you too stupid to know, or too gutless to say?
Why did you edit what I wrote?

By the time the US entered the War, the Naiz onslaught in Russia had already been turned around.

HItler could have won, if the Soviets had done a little worse in the summer/fall of 41.

After that, it was very unlikely.

Hitler had to go, as did all high level Nazis.

With US air superiority and/or the Atomic Bomb on the table, IMO the German Army might have been willing to take care of that.

20 July plot - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If not...

Then yes, then D-Day or Nuclear bombardment.

How is nuclear war preferable to Cold War?

Because of less loss of life (especially American) and half the continent not being under communist oppression and the whole world not being on the edge of a nuclear holocaust for the next 50 years.
So nuclear holocaust in Russia, in 1944, before the bomb was ready, is preferable to being on the edge of nuclear holocaust?

No, ending the war with a Little Boy bombing in Germany in 45 would be preferable to the conventional holocaust of war that occurred AND the potential of a nuclear holocaust for the next 50 years, and the Korean War, and the Vietnamese War, and all the Proxy wars and the brinkmanship and ect. ect. ect.
How would that be possible, bombing Germany in 1945? The bomb wasn't tested in the New Mexico desert until two months after Germany surrendered. It wasn't ready for deployment until early August.
Uh oh, you just confused him with facts. Revisionists don't like that at all...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Historical revisionism from a perspective 50 years later

FDR was a result of his era and the post Pearl Harbor hysteria. He did not force his view over the objections of Republicans or the American people. What FDR did was similar to what every other 1942 nation was doing in the name of security. Even the Supreme Court did not say it was wrong

50 years later, it was obviously a civil rights violation. At the time, it seemed necessary

So, you're ok with other concentration camps of the same period because it was just what was done then? Interesting.

At the time, it was what considered the best reaction to a perceived threat. FDR reacted to the post Pearl Harbor hysteria of the time

I guess the Germans perceived a threat too. You're ok with that as just what was done in those days?

Again you resort to hyperbole

Japanese internment camps were wrong but they do not equate to death camps
Not even remotely.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

FDR was a result of his era and the post Pearl Harbor hysteria. He did not force his view over the objections of Republicans or the American people. What FDR did was similar to what every other 1942 nation was doing in the name of security. Even the Supreme Court did not say it was wrong

50 years later, it was obviously a civil rights violation. At the time, it seemed necessary

So, you're ok with other concentration camps of the same period because it was just what was done then? Interesting.

At the time, it was what considered the best reaction to a perceived threat. FDR reacted to the post Pearl Harbor hysteria of the time

I guess the Germans perceived a threat too. You're ok with that as just what was done in those days?

I didn't equate them to death camps. YOU defended concentration camps.

The thing of it is...with great documentaries like "World at War", and Ken Burns's "The War", and great military historians like Ambrose, Shelby Foote, Eric Foner, and the lot...we get to read, or hear, the words of the people from that time.

Going forward with those words...revisionist fans like we're seeing on this thread would have to embrace the notion that all those people lied.

One would need to be either gullible, disingenuous, or paranoid, to believe the revisionists. But then that same crowd seems to have all the tin foil hat militia folks hanging around...so...I guess I shouldn't be surprised

Oh lovely.

How do you define each of the following?

Internment Camp
Concentration Camp
Death Camp

And if you're really brave, try and tell me EXACTLY how, based on YOUR definitions, the camps in America belong to a given definition, and how the camps in Europe belong to a given definition.

I'll be amazed if you don't run fast and far from this question, but then you'll probably find some way to blow it off, and why not? you've blown off history as written

The RW hates the inclusion of the third freedom in FDR's Four Freedoms.

I didn't defend them but put them into context of the 1942 world

Today, it is obvious they were wrong
In 1942, not so much

Fox News has been telling these righties what makes them comfortable for enough years now, almost 20, that they'll believe anything their only source for cable news tells them...no matter how contradictory to reality it is

The thing of it is...with great documentaries like "World at War", and Ken Burns's "The War", and great military historians like Ambrose, Shelby Foote, Eric Foner, and the lot...we get to read, or hear, the words of the people from that time.

Going forward with those words...revisionist fans like we're seeing on this thread would have to embrace the notion that all those people lied.

One would need to be either gullible, disingenuous, or paranoid, to believe the revisionists. But then that same crowd seems to have all the tin foil hat militia folks hanging around...so...I guess I shouldn't be surprised

There was a lot wrong with FDRs war

Segregation, racism and internment camps among them.

But in the total context of the era and what advisors were asking him to do.....FDR did a hell of a job

t you can't blame all of it happening on Roosevelt....

s

I don't really care, because you have no interest in history as told by the people that were there, which is the case people who disagree with you are making.

y

Ralph Carr was there.
Gov. Carr's position on Japanese internment is evidence that the public, at least the Colorado voters portion of the public, agreed and supported the internment camps and rejected his opposition to them.

I didn't defend them but put them into context of the 1942 world

Today, it is obvious they were wrong
In 1942, not so much
I don't mean to butt in, but IMO the worst part about the whole mess was the asset seizures that happened when they were rounded up here in No Cal.

In some cases, caring neighbors kept their farms going while they were interned, but many farms were just taken over by people who moved in, and took them over. Some didn't get them back when they returned.

There is an invisible wall between the Japanese community in Sacramento, and the old school townie community, and it's been that way all my life

s

I don't really care, because you have no interest in history as told by the people that were there, which is the case people who disagree with you are making.

y

Ralph Carr was there.
Gov. Carr's position on Japanese internment is evidence that the public, at least the Colorado voters portion of the public, agreed and supported the internment camps and rejected his opposition to them.

Carr was one of the few to stand up against what he thought was wrong. Surprisingly, Eleonore Roosevelt was another

There was a lot wrong with FDRs war

Segregation, racism and internment camps among them.

But in the total context of the era and what advisors were asking him to do.....FDR did a hell of a job
Internment camps being the exception FDR can't be held responsible for racism and segregation in the 30's. That was everywhere.

And yes, he did a great job. IMO what was great about it, is what was great about Reagan. They both convinced people to care about their fellow Americans

They weren't concentration camps,

That's what FDR called them, you ignorant buffoon.
Who cares what he called them

People concerned with historical fact, you ignorant douchebag

They weren't concentration camps,

That's what FDR called them, you ignorant buffoon.
Who cares what he called them, they weren't death camps, they were internment camps

They were concentration camps.

I didn't defend them

You sure as hell did, scumbag.

Fox News has been telling these righties what makes them comfortable for enough years now, almost 20, that they'll believe anything their only source for cable news tells them...no matter how contradictory to reality it is

Typical leftist, invoking their boogeyman when losing the argument.

As soon as Hitler took office the Jews declared war on Germany. The war started in 1933 by the Jews. (yes the innocent jews).
Yes, you are right, the Jews were innocent.
(whispering)....did she just say that WWII was started by the Jews in 1933?....:cuckoo:

well---yes----that is the islamo Nazi thing-------it happens that DA JOOOOOS did not like her client-----ADOLF-----way back in 1933 ---based on his HOLY BOOK ----mein kampf

No doubt he thought the Jews were a huge problem then, like in the US , only 2% of the pop. yet they run it all. (I don't believe those %ages, as there are still Jews incognito). So yea, no doubt that is why they declared a "holy war " on Germany when he got in office.

absolutely right-----Adolf Hitler considered jews a big problem because they did not agree that sick kids should be killed ----or gypsies should be killed for being gypsies or that Polish people should be enslaved and----blacks either eradicated or enslaved----and that is why whores like Penelope still fantasize about sucking his cock. In 1933---jews declared Adolf Hitler a BAD GUY and Penelope still has autoerotic fantasies of sucking his cock

You know when you take control of a country and them proceed to strange it financially ,and kill the moral fiber of it, but the means of the rich and powerful Zionist Jews, who in the heck can blame Germans for wanting rid of the suffocation. You did it to Russia and the communist global Jewish plan was to spread communism globally. The "final solution" was to get the jews out of Germany, and they all left as they had money. Britain befriended Russia only because they wanted to weaken both German and Russia, and the
(whispering)....did she just say that WWII was started by the Jews in 1933?....:cuckoo:

well---yes----that is the islamo Nazi thing-------it happens that DA JOOOOOS did not like her client-----ADOLF-----way back in 1933 ---based on his HOLY BOOK ----mein kampf
As soon as Hitler took office the Jews declared war on Germany. The war started in 1933 by the Jews. (yes the innocent jews).

Quiet, yes I did.
The Jews started WWII....how?

I hope I don't regret asking

very simple-----jews objected to adolf hitler and his plans as, very clearly stated in his book --published in 1928-----which involved murdering lots of people------sick kids, poles, etc etc----and making some people kinda like KINGS AND QUEENS over the rest of the world. Some people-----even in the USA were delighted with the idea-------in general-----they are the people commonly known as "white trash" -------people like Penelope-------moonshine whores and trash sitting in methadone clinics. Adolf Hitler agreed with white trash that blacks should be slaves and since jews are TOO DAMNED literate----they should die

You have never read hitlers book. Here is an idea start with Karl Lueger. You will find anti Semitism was alive and well before Hitler was even an embryo.

255px-Antisemitisches_Wahlplakat_CSP_1920.jpg

Anti-Judaic CS poster of 1920, depicting a Judeo-Bolshevik serpent choking the Austrian eagle

s

y

Ralph Carr was there.

Carr was one of the few to stand up against what he thought was wrong. Surprisingly, Eleonore Roosevelt was another

That fucking scumbag FDR was not.

Forum List

Back