EV's are the future

EV's are most definitely the future, and guess what? The future is now.

That's what they said in 1890

So how long will it take for me to drive from Chicago to Cincinnati in the summer with the AC on in an EV? How many miles per charge and if I run out of battery, how long does it take to charge?

They said the same thing about the metric system.

A few years from now the used EV car market will be flood with cars people can't even give away.
Tesla estimates a full battery pack replacement will cost around $20,000
So who in their right mind would by a used EV knowing that soon it's going to need a very expensive battery to keep it on the road? ... :cool:

Do you realize how easy it is to include battery replacement warranty? If your scenario is what is dooming the sale of future EV's, it can be be solved with one stroke of a pen.

Batteries continue to become more and more efficient, and their charge life are already commensurate with a full tank of gas. I noticed there is now a row of brand new Tesla chargers near my bank, well, I went to the bank Saturday morning, and four of the eight chargers had Tesla's parked and getting a charge.

The dinosaurs will shriek and wail, but their howls of agony grow more quiet by the day as more and more EV's hit the road. Soon the dinosaurs will all be gone, and they'll be as many EV's on the road as gasoline powered cars.

Lulz. Not too many are living in that here and now with a 77k price tag. I'd rather buy a house.

Death-of-fish-in-the-Lichu-River-believed-to-be-killed-from-Lithium-mining-site.jpg

image770x420cropped.jpg

jpg.jpeg

Toxic lithium mining...
Dead wildlife, waste of valuable water, using large carbon burning machines in the process.
If you believe this is clean energy, you may be a smug fool.
The vehicles themselves use the same toxic metals, chemicals and plastics as any internal combustion vehicle.
There is no benefit to the environment.

Lulz. Not too many are living in that here and now with a 77k price tag. I'd rather buy a house.

This is the Corvette of electric cars. Most cars on the road are not Corvettes.

This is the Corvette of electric cars. Most cars on the road are not Corvettes.
I'll give you that.

As the batteries get better and cheaper, by 2025, the EV's will achieve price parity with ICE's, and from then on, it will be all downhill for the ICE's. Because the EV's require far less maintenance, cost far less per mile to run, and you can even make you own fuel for them with some solar panels. Plus they out perform ICE's in acceleration. Proof of that is that Ford is now building E-mustangs and E-150's. And virtually every other manufacture is adding EV''s to their product line. With more utilities encouraging VPP's, that will be even more incentive for owning an EV.
's,
We'd have to double electrical generation and distribution system to fully replace gasoline.

So how long will it take for me to drive from Chicago to Cincinnati in the summer with the AC on in an EV? How many miles per charge and if I run out of battery, how long does it take to charge?
Well now, that depends on which EV you own. EV's now come in many different flavors from many manufactures. Just as you will probably make that trip faster with a F-250 diesel with double tanks than in a Yugo, you will make that trip faster in a Tesla S Plaid +, than in a Leaf.

The future is now.

No, that is the present. And as far as EVs "acceleration," that'll be all shits and giggles until you have to drive in the snow or even wet roads, and you can't get any traction, or worse, you lose control and wreck.
Do try to keep up with technology. Tesla has traction control that makes driving in slick conditions much better.

As the batteries get better and cheaper, by 2025, the EV's will achieve price parity with ICE's, and from then on, it will be all downhill for the ICE's. Because the EV's require far less maintenance, cost far less per mile to run, and you can even make you own fuel for them with some solar panels. Plus they out perform ICE's in acceleration. Proof of that is that Ford is now building E-mustangs and E-150's. And virtually every other manufacture is adding EV''s to their product line. With more utilities encouraging VPP's, that will be even more incentive for owning an EV.
's,
We'd have to double electrical generation and distribution system to fully replace gasoline.
No, we will not. We will have to increase electrical supply, and that can be done easily and relatively cheaply. VPP's for urban areas and agrisolar for rural areas.

The future is now.

No, that is the present. And as far as EVs "acceleration," that'll be all shits and giggles until you have to drive in the snow or even wet roads, and you can't get any traction, or worse, you lose control and wreck.
Do try to keep up with technology. Tesla has traction control that makes driving in slick conditions much better.

Do try to keep up with reality period. Your Tesla S USED with 45,000-50,000 miles on it still costs over $40,000 to buy and might need a new $20,000 battery soon.

For 1/10th that price I can get an ICE car loaded with features and accessories that looks and runs like new, does great in the snow and doesn't need any special traction control!

When your fucking POS electric battery car can compete with an ICE car on a COST basis, as well as recharge in under 30 minutes, go hundreds of miles and recharge for less than gas costs, THEN it'll be time for EVs.

Right now, EVs remain a luxury item for those that can afford one.

The future is now.

Do try to keep up with reality period. Your Tesla S USED with 45,000-50,000 miles on it still costs over $40,000 to buy and might need a new $20,000 battery soon.

For 1/10th that price I can get an ICE car loaded with features and accessories that looks and runs like new, does great in the snow and doesn't need any special traction control!

When your fucking POS electric battery car can compete with an ICE car on a COST basis, as well as recharge in under 30 minutes, go hundreds of miles and recharge for less than gas costs, THEN it'll be time for EVs.

"Over $40,000. That's according to the valuation analysts at Kelley Blue Book. The number crunchers at KBB just reported that the estimated average transaction price for a light vehicle in the U.S. was $40,857 in January 2021.Feb 23, 2021"

Cost of the standard range Tesla Y, about $41,000.

's,
No, we will not. We will have to increase electrical supply, and that can be done easily and relatively cheaply. VPP's for urban areas and agrisolar for rural areas.

No, it can't. To power the fleets of EV's you claim are going to take over the world, you would need to build over 50 fossil fuel power plants, next year. And the same number the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Solar and wind can't do the job no matter how much propaganda you believe.

The future is now.

"Over $40,000. That's according to the valuation analysts at Kelley Blue Book. The number crunchers at KBB just reported that the estimated average transaction price for a light vehicle in the U.S. was $40,857 in January 2021.Feb 23, 2021"

Cost of the standard range Tesla Y, about $41,000.

$43,000 vs. $6,000. Nuff said. I was actually looking for 2010 models but I couldn't even find a Tesla for sale that was that old! And it still might need a new $20,000 battery.

EV cars are not within a million miles of replacing internal combustion.

Forum List

Back