🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

ex President George W. Bush .. then and now ..

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008

The guy is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Liberals like me never really demonized him and at times we found him amusing and likable. He is very grounded after leaving office. It's a breath of fresh air. Too bad the right wingers who supported him and then turned on him will never see him as a multidimensional character. Too bad the right wingers who supported him will never treat Clinton and Obama with the respect they deserve. Too bad the people who supported Bush and then have turned on him will never get the point that politics isn't really a personal thing.

get over it

:cool:

there is this below and tehn smart talk about his legacy and Cheney and his view of life.
He said he will take no offense if museum visitors come to a different conclusion.

"The museum is a -- it does give people the opportunity to hear the different points of view that I got on these particular issues," he said. "The purpose of which is not to try to defend the policy. The purpose of which is to try to show people what it's like to be the president. And how you make decisions."

The guy is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. Liberals like me never really demonized him and at times we found him amusing and likable. He is very grounded after leaving office. It's a breath of fresh air. Too bad the right wingers who supported him and then turned on him will never see him as a multidimensional character. Too bad the right wingers who supported him will never treat Clinton and Obama with the respect they deserve. Too bad the people who supported Bush and then have turned on him will never get the point that politics isn't really a personal thing.

get over it

there is this below and tehn smart talk about his legacy and Cheney and his view of life.
He said he will take no offense if museum visitors come to a different conclusion.

"The museum is a -- it does give people the opportunity to hear the different points of view that I got on these particular issues," he said. "The purpose of which is not to try to defend the policy. The purpose of which is to try to show people what it's like to be the president. And how you make decisions."

Really?

George Bush is like a President Columbo. On the surface he appears forgetful, clumsy and unorganized but that's just his way to disarm you, make you think he's not a threat.

Dante, is it really left and right. I respect Bush, Clinton and Obama, I also respect the office and the will of the people. I still can disagree with polices and decisions made by each administration without disrespecting a President or his position.

I don't/didn't call any of the Presidents names.

Now, their blind supporters, yes, I have disrespected them.

Many liberals, disrespected Booosh, the chimp, many times, but many of us have short term memories.

Last edited:
I know many people didn't like Pres. Bush, but I liked him and our First Lady.
No matter how many times he was talked about disrespectfully, even to the point of an attempt to have a sewer named after him, he didn't complain about it, and did many things I was proud of him for doing. He spent much time with, and made our disabled veterans feel special and deserving of much respect for their service to our country, and he is still doing so today.

Last edited:
Meeting of a very exclusive club.

$130425124148-07-gwb-library-0425-c1-main.jpg

George Bush is not DUMB.

He is likely above average intelligence.

He is what is known as an incurious mind.

Born to wealth with an incurious mind.

I wish to hell his parents had encouraged him to follow his heart into the art world instead of forcing him to fit the mold of future leader.

Not a bad guy, but he will forever be condemned for taking us to Iraq. He believed flawed intelligence both on the WMD's and on how an invasion would play out. Unfortunately, the bureaucrats who generated the flawed intelligence are now living comfortably and anonymously on the taxpayer's dime. It's the leader who takes the blame.

Like him or not, he has more personal integrity than any other president in recent memory. Clinton and Barry, as human beings, are not worth a warm bucket of spit between them.

get over it

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2013/04/25/2113653/

Dante, is it really left and right. I respect Bush, Clinton and Obama, I also respect the office and the will of the people. I still can disagree with polices and decisions made by each administration without disrespecting a President or his position.

Many liberals, disrespected Booosh, the chimp, many times, but many of us have short term memories.

"Is it really left and right?" Unfortunately for far too many people who actually vote, it is. \

And I've always tried to keep the distinctions between political campaigning and governing up front, but it gets more difficult as talk radio, the web, and cable news get more and more ideologically partisan. I say this knowing there has been a push recently to open up the blogs and pages of major news orgs on their web sites. More and more we can find liberals on the FOX web site and truly conservative voices on WPO and NYT.

We shall wait and see what the future holds..what the public will swallow. Does the public want what is being offered?

Not a bad guy, but he will forever be condemned for taking us to Iraq. He believed flawed intelligence both on the WMD's and on how an invasion would play out. Unfortunately, the bureaucrats who generated the flawed intelligence are now living comfortably and anonymously on the taxpayer's dime. It's the leader who takes the blame.

Like him or not, he has more personal integrity than any other president in recent memory. Clinton and Barry, as human beings, are not worth a warm bucket of spit between them.

Bush is disingenuous when asked about Iraq, but it is still too soon. His pat answer is to speak of throwing out Saddam. He avoids and deflects, but that is expected. Doesn't make him a bad guy or bad ex President.

I was good with Bush, I also liked Clinton, liked Reagan, and now am beginning to like Obama as his arrogance is sliding away.

Forum List

Back