🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ex-SC Gov. Sanford back in political office

Character doesn't matter anymore on the Right.

Feel free to use all of the defenses of Bill Clinton that were made back when you clowns pretended that character did matter.

When was the last time it mattered on the left? The left is always saying the right needs to evolve and be more inclusive and embrace other groups so be happy they have followed your advice and evolved to include and embrace a adulterer were always hearing the right should be more like the left if they want to win elections well it seems on this one point the left is correct.

That's a solid win.

for who? It's like Vitter (R) winning reelection. You think Repubs are happy having ANOTHER hypocrite in the tv cameras?

tinyd :D

They were fine with the idea right up until the trespassing charges popped up, that's when they pulled their money out. Quite frankly, I'm somewhat surprised (though I was recently informed that I shouldn't be...) that a man of so little character could walk away with the election the way Sanford did.

I'm not sure if one should question the voters or his opponent. How much of Sanford's win was the "the name you know" factor? How much of it was a case of "the devil you know, just not the Democrat?"

What does this say about Busch as candidate? I've been in this town since September and can honestly say I don't know much about her. Nothing she has said resonated. Was she a weak candidate? She couldn't beat the trespassing philanderer who had to pay back misappropriated funds...

Finally, what does this win/loss say about Nancy Pelosi and her PAC? And the unions? According to some reports, Busch pretty much turned her campaign over to them.

All I can say for sure is, had I been voting this cycle, neither one of them would have received my vote...

Right! Two losers ran and one loser won.
Sanford has said and done some dumb things in the past that will come back to haunt him and embarrass the Republican Party in the future. Sanford's win may be good for the Democrats.....think of the fodder....:lol:

Forward Progressives ? Conservatives Supporting Adulterer Mark Sanford Prove Their Hypocrisy

But the man left his state (and country) for 5 days while governor, without telling anyone, to have an affair. How in the hell could you vote for someone who vanished, refusing to return anyone’s phone calls, while they were governor of your state?
So conservatives, when you’re on your soapbox about all the “immoral Godless liberals” that are “ruining family values,” remember you voted for someone like Mark Sanford—we didn’t.
*UPDATE* (7:35 pm Central time, 5/7/2013)
It’s official, Mark Sanford has been declared the winner over Elizabeth Colbert Busch. The next time you hear a Republican praising their party as the party for “family values” and “morals,” be sure to laugh hysterically as you walk away.

Scummy politicians are awful!

Quick, let's give government more power! /liberal-democrat off

Funny how left wingers get all huffy (pardon the pun) about marital infidelity when it's a republican after they defended an accused rapist president and laughed at Barney Frank and Gary Studds antics.

Forum List

Back