Ex-Supreme Court Justice Wants to Ban Semi-Automatic Weapons-What Is a Semi-Automatic Weapon?

John Paul Stevens in a NYT editorial advocated the banning of not assault rifles but semi-automatic weapons.

So can we define a what a semi automatic weapon is because as far I know and since I am not a gun owner and really don’t know guns, aren’t most hand guns semi-automatic?

So this to me sounds like a ban on most guns, is this correct?

I have been for more control and better background checks but I see the left wanting to ban guns all together and I am seeing the right wing being rightfully cautious.

It means banning all firearms where you don't have to reload after every single shot. That pretty much eliminates ALL handguns and rifles except for bolt action rifles most often used for hunting big game.
and it's the biggest reason for my giggles in here when people like OldLady say "we're not coming for your guns!" when all signs show they sure are.
One retired Supreme Court justice decides to say the Big Dirty just to stir up the hive, and now EVERYONE IS AFTER ALL OUR GUNS.
:auiqs.jpg:

John Paul Stevens in a NYT editorial advocated the banning of not assault rifles but semi-automatic weapons.

So can we define a what a semi automatic weapon is because as far I know and since I am not a gun owner and really don’t know guns, aren’t most hand guns semi-automatic?

I have been for more control and better background checks but I see the left wanting to ban guns all together and I am seeing the right wing being rightfully cautious.

It means banning all firearms where you don't have to reload after every single shot. That pretty much eliminates ALL handguns and rifles except for bolt action rifles most often used for hunting big game.
and it's the biggest reason for my giggles in here when people like OldLady say "we're not coming for your guns!" when all signs show they sure are.

I don’t own any guns and have no desire to, that said, the Constitution is quite clear and I think the left’s BS about not coming after guns is pure BS, because that is exactly their intent and now I understand why no one wants to give an inch because the left wants it ALL!

The constitution doesn't restrict state governments as much as it restricts the federal government. But that still doesn't make the gun control nuts any better.

I don’t own any guns and have no desire to, that said, the Constitution is quite clear and I think the left’s BS about not coming after guns is pure BS, because that is exactly their intent and now I understand why no one wants to give an inch because the left wants it ALL!
for the longest time i wanted nothing to do with guns. it was simply due to a childhood accident my brother had with a 22 where his friend was killed when they were playing with it. i was like 8 at the time and it put me off guns totally for a long long time. it wasn't until obama did his BAN AR15s i decided to buy one just because of his bullshit. i've since expanded my collection but not gone "gun crazy" so to speak. however maybe 1 gun to some is "gun crazy" so that's still relative. but i seldom shoot them.

i need to get comfortable using them these days in case i ever need to really have to use them. hope not but better prepared than trying to figure something out at a bad time.

i've just felt as long as you're not breaking any laws it's none of my business what you own. wish the left felt the same way.

One retired Supreme Court justice decides to say the Big Dirty just to stir up the hive, and now EVERYONE IS AFTER ALL OUR GUNS.
do you intentionally keep missing the bill put in play recently to ban semi-automatic guns?

GIGGILE GIGGLE HA HA AT YOU TEE HEE TEE HEE.

i'll bet it's kinda stupid when i do it but you're the clever one for acting 12.

House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

once again since you keep selectively missing this shit.

and again cause you do tend to gloss over facts you don't like.

fuckers are coming for guns. only an idiot would be denying it at this point.

go ahead. deny it again.

do you intentionally keep missing the bill put in play recently to ban semi-automatic guns?

i'll bet it's kinda stupid when i do it but you're the clever one for acting 12.

go ahead. deny it again.

They expected that to pass about as much as the Republicans expected to repeal Obamacare while Obama was in office.
If they caught that car, they'd shit themselves.

They expected that to pass about as much as the Republicans expected to repeal Obamacare while Obama was in office.
They still tried to do it. They still want it. YOU still want it.
:dunno:

We must fight and defeat you to preserve our liberty.

go ahead. deny it again.

i don't care. they are openly stating they are coming for them. damn good thing it won't pass but if you're NOT coming for guns, you'd NEVER put this in play.

no one is falling for the shit anymore so give it up with the "giggle, no one is coming for your guns, giggle" shit.

just because they're not going to succeed doesn't mean they're not trying now does it?

They still tried to do it. They still want it. YOU still want it.
:dunno:

We must fight and defeat you to preserve our liberty.
You may not have been here long enough to know that I wish we had severe gun control, like Australia. That doesn't mean I'm actually asking for it.

go ahead. deny it again.

i don't care. they are openly stating they are coming for them. damn good thing it won't pass but if you're NOT coming for guns, you'd NEVER put this in play.

no one is falling for the shit anymore so give it up with the "giggle, no one is coming for your guns, giggle" shit.

just because they're not going to succeed doesn't mean they're not trying now does it?
Where did the "giggle" come from? I never giggle in gun control threads. Someone might shoot me.

'Ex-USSC Justice Wants To Repeal 2nd Amendment'

...proving SENILITY is the #1 argument AGAINST Life-time appointments for Judges... :p

ar-15-stands-for-armalite-rifle-design-15-designed-in-1957-27424771.png
Just curious, why do you care if you have one? Seems like overkill for pretty much any civilian situation.

go ahead. deny it again.

Where did the "giggle" come from? I never giggle in gun control threads. Someone might shoot me.
Ex-Supreme Court Justice Wants to Ban Semi-Automatic Weapons-What Is a Semi-Automatic Weapon?

you don't even know what you do. i guess this is more of a "guffaw" than a giggle. but you're busy laughing at the truth and trying to get people to not realize you're full of shit here. and of course you gotta get your SHOT in here and take pot-shots at gun owners now shooting you for disagreeing. last i checked, the libs were the ones doing that to senators playing softball.

*giggle*

Just curious, why do you care if you have one? Seems like overkill for pretty much any civilian situation
The .223/5.56 is most definitely NOT overkill. They are easy to use and reliable. I would much rather use that than a handgun in a home defense situation. If it works well for people who are not good at using guns, why would we take it away from them?

A semi-automatic is a self loading weapon that only fires once when you pull the trigger. Not an automatic that fires as long as the trigger is depressed and there are bullets in the magazine.

Just curious, why do you care if you have one? Seems like overkill for pretty much any civilian situation
The .223/5.56 is most definitely NOT overkill. They are easy to use and reliable. I would much rather use that than a handgun in a home defense situation. If it works well for people who are not good at using guns, why would we take it away from them?
The only times I've ever heard of anyone using these types of weapons is to shoot up a school or something similar. Seems to me that if they are the go-to guns for mass murderers, you'd want to do something about that.

And in close combat as in a house where someone just broke in, I'd use a handgun as they're easier to maneuver in tight situations.

Forum List

Back