Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats

I am a gay woman and I have never seen nor sensed any homophobia from Maineman's posts. Perhaps you can explain why YOU see what I don't?
You're perhaps familiar with the word "faggot"?

Yes I am. I am also aware of subjectivity. Would you like me to define that word for you?
I think I can guess your definition:

"No enemies on the left."

What would be your reaction to a conservative using that hateful term, hmmmm?

I've been told by several leftists that donations to church don't count. Of course, they say that when I point out that conservatives give more to charity than liberals do. :lol:

Actually, Conservatives SAY they give more to charity than Liberals do.

And liberals SAY they care about people.

Yes, as evidenced by the progression of civil rights for, lets say, people like me.

But tell me....what does the Republican Party offer Minorities? Why should we flock to vote Republican? Convince me. Show me what I want to see in the Republican platform.

I couldn't help but notice how you rightly chastised maineman for his anti-gay slurs.

Oh, wait...

His anti-gay slurs? I think you really need to get that beam out of your eye....

Now you get to post any anti-gay slur I've made. :)

Good luck with that. :lol:

Why should I bother...I would worry about you throwing out your back or getting a hernia from all that goal post heavy lifting.

You're perhaps familiar with the word "faggot"?

Yes I am. I am also aware of subjectivity. Would you like me to define that word for you?

There's the rub....is a term being used in a hateful way or not. It's subjective. Show me that Maineman is being hateful with the term.

Actually, Conservatives SAY they give more to charity than Liberals do.

Yes, as evidenced by the progression of civil rights for, lets say, people like me.
And have you condemned President Obama for opposing gay marriage? How about all the Democrats, both politicians and civilians, who have opposed it?

You don't think it's just Mormons who keep voting down same-sex marriage referenda, do you?
But tell me....what does the Republican Party offer Minorities? Why should we flock to vote Republican? Convince me. Show me what I want to see in the Republican platform.
Self-reliance. You want to be successful, we'll support you. Start a business. Go to school. Support yourself and your family. We like all that stuff.

You want other people's money from the government, though, instead of working, well, we can't help you there.

So it looks like we're offering self-respect. Interested?

Yes...in this thread even. Thank you for at least acknowledging what is right there in front of us.
Just like you acknowledging maineman's homophobia? :lol:

Maineman isn't homophobic. I'm surprised you don't recognise who is not in your club.
Still no actual proof that I'm homophobic, huh? How's that stamping your foot and insisting I am thing working out for you?

I have to know, do you even see how ridiculous your position is? Here I am, chastising a guy for using homophobic language...and you claim I'm a homophobe!

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this much...or indeed any...thought. :lol:

His anti-gay slurs? I think you really need to get that beam out of your eye....

Now you get to post any anti-gay slur I've made. :)

Good luck with that. :lol:

Why should I bother...I would worry about you throwing out your back or getting a hernia from all that goal post heavy lifting.
So...you got nothin'. Y'know, pointing to your bigotry against conservatives is really no proof at all that conservatives are bigoted.

There's the rub....is a term being used in a hateful way or not. It's subjective. Show me that Maineman is being hateful with the term.
Did you read the exchanges where he was using it? He's not having a few yucks with one of his buddies.

But no matter. No enemies on the left. We get it. Clearly, the only hateful guy in this thread is the guy chastising others for using hateful language. :lol:

And have you condemned President Obama for opposing gay marriage? How about all the Democrats, both politicians and civilians, who have opposed it?

Yes...and if you pay attention, the gay community (myself included) has been putting quite a bit of pressure on the WH and the Congressional Dems....one result is the recent end of DADT. Progress that would never, ever have happened with the Republicans in power....would you agree?

You don't think it's just Mormons who keep voting down same-sex marriage referenda, do you?

They were bankrolling Prop H8 along with many Baptist mega churches around here...pulling their congregations out onto the streets on Sundays after handing them signs to wave. The Knights of Columbus also were big contributors....and yet....H8 barely passed....and hopefully will fall soon.[/quote]

Self-reliance. You want to be successful, we'll support you. Start a business. Go to school. Support yourself and your family. We like all that stuff.

Democrats are self-reliant....I am a Democrat and am very self reliant. Democrats are successful...I am a Democrat and am very successful. Democrats start businesses...I am a Democrat and started my own business several years ago. Democrats go to school. Democrats support ourselves and our families. Your statement makes it sound like you view Democrats as moochers, unsuccessful, failures in business, failures in school, and non-family supporters. Can't understand why we don't all do mea culpas over our abject failures....:doubt:[/quote]

You want other people's money from the government, though, instead of working, well, we can't help you there.

Isn't it odd how the blue states (predominantly Democrat) pay more to the Federal government than we get back while the red states (predominantly Republican) get more back from the Feds than they pay....methinks we can see from who gives to the government and who gets from the government who the real "Loads" are....

Ah...so you think that Democrats don't have self-respect? If I were to tell you that I am offering you self-respect because you obviously are supporting others because you have no self-respect, you don't want to do for yourself, you're not clever enough to see you are being fooled and treated like a modern day slave (did you see the post with shackles?)....you and others like you would drop everything to come join me....wouldn't you? :eusa_eh:

Did you read the exchanges where he was using it? He's not having a few yucks with one of his buddies.

Yes, despite the fact I'm a Liberal, I can read. You are clearly out to make something out of nothing....but that's ok. It was very transparent.

But no matter. No enemies on the left. We get it. Clearly, the only hateful guy in this thread is the guy chastising others for using hateful language. :lol:

Who's the hateful guy on this thread? Surely you don't think that anything said here was all that bad? Thin skin?

Yes...and if you pay attention, the gay community (myself included) has been putting quite a bit of pressure on the WH and the Congressional Dems....one result is the recent end of DADT. Progress that would never, ever have happened with the Republicans in power....would you agree?
No. It would happen. It would happen because conservatives, who, like me, do not support DADT would pressure leadership to repeal it.

Oh, didn't you know I support gays serving openly? How very homophobic of me! :lol:
They were bankrolling Prop H8 along with many Baptist mega churches around here...pulling their congregations out onto the streets on Sundays after handing them signs to wave. The Knights of Columbus also were big contributors....and yet....H8 barely passed....and hopefully will fall soon.
Sooo...you're saying a lot of Democrats were fooled by the Mormons.

Democrats are self-reliant....I am a Democrat and am very self reliant. Democrats are successful...I am a Democrat and am very successful. Democrats start businesses...I am a Democrat and started my own business several years ago. Democrats go to school. Democrats support ourselves and our families. Your statement makes it sound like you view Democrats as moochers, unsuccessful, failures in business, failures in school, and non-family supporters. Can't understand why we don't all do mea culpas over our abject failures....:doubt:
Do Democrats support self-reliance, or is the entitlement-driven nanny state what they promise?

Isn't it odd how the blue states (predominantly Democrat) pay more to the Federal government than we get back while the red states (predominantly Republican) get more back from the Feds than they pay....methinks we can see from who gives to the government and who gets from the government who the real "Loads" are....
Yeah, it's really funny how you pretend that's due to the generosity of the left. :lol:
For whatever reason, so-called "blue states" tend to be high-income areas that pay the vast majority of federal taxes. Some 84 percent of federal individual income taxes—which account for over 40 percent of federal revenue—are paid by the those in the top 25 percent of the income distribution. The majority of these taxpayers live in wealthy, urban, politically "blue" areas like New York, California, and Massachusetts.

Even if federal spending were equal in all states, wealthy states would still send substantially more federal tax dollars to Washington than they received in spending, simply because they earn a majority of the nation's income. This disparity is greatly magnified by the progressive rate structure of the federal income tax, which taxes higher income states more heavily than low-income states, regardless of the level of spending received.​

Ah...so you think that Democrats don't have self-respect? If I were to tell you that I am offering you self-respect because you obviously are supporting others because you have no self-respect, you don't want to do for yourself, you're not clever enough to see you are being fooled and treated like a modern day slave (did you see the post with shackles?)....you and others like you would drop everything to come join me....wouldn't you? :eusa_eh:
We're offering self-respect to people who want it. Those who think the world owes them a living will seek out your side.

Yes, despite the fact I'm a Liberal, I can read. You are clearly out to make something out of nothing....but that's ok. It was very transparent.

Who's the hateful guy on this thread? Surely you don't think that anything said here was all that bad? Thin skin?
Riiiiight. You're calling me a homophobe, when I clearly OPPOSE homosexual slurs.

You just may as well come out and say that you don't care what a fellow leftist says, you're okay with it...but anything a conservative says must be condemned at all costs.

Forum List

Back