🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Examples of why you can't tust Liberals with "reasonable" gun control

I said that I fear the U.S. could fall victim to lawless gun-toting anarchists. If you are equating lawless gun-toting anarchists with armed citizens, that's on you.
OK thats a red herring fallacy. No one here is proposing to be a lawless gun toting anarchist.

And yet some here apparently are.
Name them. Provide evidence.

Oh please, USMB is full of such people. Surely you have read their posts.
You're lying now. If there were so many, you would have no problem citing a few examples.

Stop lying, Leftists!

If you haven't noticed the anarchists posting here, that's your problem, not mine. The fact of the matter is that anyone who is so paranoid about where they live that they have to arm themselves for protection is probably not living in a great place.

OK thats a red herring fallacy. No one here is proposing to be a lawless gun toting anarchist.

You're lying now. If there were so many, you would have no problem citing a few examples.

Stop lying, Leftists!

If you haven't noticed the anarchists posting here, that's your problem, not mine. The fact of the matter is that anyone who is so paranoid about where they live that they have to arm themselves for protection is probably not living in a great place.
Lol so what going to be staying there

Reductio ad absurdum fallacy!
Rabbi Rules!

Does the second amendment allow an individual to purchase a fully functional and armed M1 Abrams tank? Or a Mark IV nuclear weapon? No? So you admit that there are limitations to the second amendment.

OK, why can NYC prevent me from carrying a simple revolver unless I get their approval and blessing? How is that allowed under the 2nd amendment?

We are not talking tanks or bazookas. Why can NYC tell me I can't walk around the streets with a concealed revolver unless they "let" me?

Why can't they?

Because the 2nd amendment you fucking dullard.

Exactly.

And yet they still do. and the courts allow it. Here's an exercise, I'll consider your gun grabbing bullshit when you support me getting even my basic firearm rights back in progressive shitholes like NYC.

Some nut shoots 6 people and the lefties want a law banning magazines with more than 5 bullets. Some nut shoots 7 people and they want a ban on magazines with more than 6 bullets. Shoot 10 and the left responds with a ban of 10 bullet magazines. Always chasing the irrelevant circumstances of gun violence instead of addressing the real causes.

Would you rather see a ban on gun sales altogether?

The far left wants that, the side you support and voted for twice..

The rampant possession of firearms in this country has taken, and continues to take a terrible toll in lives. Now, unless you can come up with a viable solution that addresses that toll, I will continue to hold that we need to get rid of them altogether. But hey, that's just me.

It continues to take a toll primarily of black and Mexican gangster lives. When has Obama ever seriously addressed the problem in Chicago, his old riding? He doesn't give a damn about black gangsters killing one another, nor do the democrats. They take the same attitude as the Mexican government regarding the cartel war along our southern border that's claimed at least 70,000 lives in six years: "Let them kill each, they're drug cartel criminals. They don't matter."

Oh, you mean where Chicago has cut its gun violence death rate by more than half since 1994?

Number_of_murders_by_year_in_Chicago.png

As for Mexico, are you suggesting that we invade Mexico to rid it of its cartels? Good luck with that.
'gun violence death rate' is a false and pointless stat. I dont care how you die - gun hammer or knife - you are just as dead. Does banning guns decrease homicides:

chicago-full.png

Doesn't look like it does anything. I will note that your chart does not mention anything at all about the fact that the 90 were VERY violent and the entire nation has been on a down trend.

[

I think you know nothing about me.

I know you are an anti gun nut Moon Bat from the garbage you have posted on here.

I am a NRA certified Firearms Instructor and certified Chief Range Officer. I train people on firearms including qualifying LEOs. I am pretty well ingrained in the firearms community. I think I understand the NRA and my fellow firearm owners a lot better than you do based upon what I have seen you post on this forum.

Some nut shoots 6 people and the lefties want a law banning magazines with more than 5 bullets. Some nut shoots 7 people and they want a ban on magazines with more than 6 bullets. Shoot 10 and the left responds with a ban of 10 bullet magazines. Always chasing the irrelevant circumstances of gun violence instead of addressing the real causes.

No, I'd rather see us abide by the Constitution.

1000x1000.jpg

The constitution did not specify what constitutes "arms". The "arms" of the day was a musket and a saber. If you want to own a musket or a saber, have at it.

You are grasping at straws. They never excluded innovations for better firearms. That is a lame argument.

The constitution does, in fact, allow for restrictions on the types of weapons allowed. Ask SCOTUS.

The Constitution has been ignored by this President since the day he entered office. That should be your focus. Not this. Americans are entitled to 2nd Amendment rights and are abiding by the Constitution - we need a President that will do the same.

[

So now you Moon Bats are claiming that anybody that believes in the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms is an "anarchist"???

Then you wonder why we call you Moon Bats.

People have firearms for many reasons. I live in a very safe community but occasionally I will take a carry weapon with me. Not because I have to but because I can. Why do you care? Since you are an anti gun nut Moon Bat you would not understand.

Does the second amendment allow an individual to purchase a fully functional and armed M1 Abrams tank? Or a Mark IV nuclear weapon? No? So you admit that there are limitations to the second amendment.

OK, why can NYC prevent me from carrying a simple revolver unless I get their approval and blessing? How is that allowed under the 2nd amendment?

We are not talking tanks or bazookas. Why can NYC tell me I can't walk around the streets with a concealed revolver unless they "let" me?

Why can't they?

Exactly.

And yet they still do. and the courts allow it. Here's an exercise, I'll consider your gun grabbing bullshit when you support me getting even my basic firearm rights back in progressive shitholes like NYC.

So you want me to help you provide weapons in New York so more people can die? You're on your own, pal.

Why can't they?

Exactly.

So you want me to help you provide weapons in New York so more people can die? You're on your own, pal.

Why would people die if I were permitted, as is my right, to carry a firearm?

The rampant possession of firearms in this country has taken, and continues to take a terrible toll in lives. Now, unless you can come up with a viable solution that addresses that toll, I will continue to hold that we need to get rid of them altogether. But hey, that's just me.

It continues to take a toll primarily of black and Mexican gangster lives. When has Obama ever seriously addressed the problem in Chicago, his old riding? He doesn't give a damn about black gangsters killing one another, nor do the democrats. They take the same attitude as the Mexican government regarding the cartel war along our southern border that's claimed at least 70,000 lives in six years: "Let them kill each, they're drug cartel criminals. They don't matter."

Oh, you mean where Chicago has cut its gun violence death rate by more than half since 1994?

As for Mexico, are you suggesting that we invade Mexico to rid it of its cartels? Good luck with that.
'gun violence death rate' is a false and pointless stat. I dont care how you die - gun hammer or knife - you are just as dead. Does banning guns decrease homicides:

chicago-full.png

Doesn't look like it does anything. I will note that your chart does not mention anything at all about the fact that the 90 were VERY violent and the entire nation has been on a down trend.

We don't know if banning all guns would significantly reduce the homicide rate because as a nation we've never tried it. But I'd bet the bank that it would.

Notjing false there. You claimed you were scared of armed citizens. I didnt claim that.

I said that I fear the U.S. could fall victim to lawless gun-toting anarchists. If you are equating lawless gun-toting anarchists with armed citizens, that's on you.

Your inability to support your point is noted.

1000x1000.jpg

The constitution did not specify what constitutes "arms". The "arms" of the day was a musket and a saber. If you want to own a musket or a saber, have at it.

Wrong, good lord not another clueless gun hater...many of the arms of the day back then were quite nasty weapons and are currently illegal. You dumb ass gun haters really should avoid discussing this topic in public its embarrassing.

And very inaccurate, and none of them could wreak the carnage a modern legal assault rifle can do.
That's completely wrong.
A pump shotgun operated by someone trained and experienced in its use will do tremendous damage. Recall the Aurora CO shooter's AR jammed because he used stupid aftermarket drum mags.

[

I think you know nothing about me.

I know you are an anti gun nut Moon Bat from the garbage you have posted on here.

I am a NRA certified Firearms Instructor and certified Chief Range Officer. I train people on firearms including qualifying LEOs. I am pretty well ingrained in the firearms community. I think I understand the NRA and my fellow firearm owners a lot better than you do based upon what I have seen you post on this forum.

As I said, you know nothing about me. But thanks for letting the rest of us know that you are responsible for so many deaths by training people to kill. I'm sure you sleep well a night knowing all those deaths are because of you.

Because there is no arguing with NRA radicals.

There is no arguing with Libtard anti gun nuts.

Like the example in the article they are always unreasonable.

They are so unreasonable that they think a grassroots organization like the NRA that was created to assure a Constitutional right is bad. You can't reason with that kind of stupidity.

Yes, I do believe that the NRA is a terrible organization. And I am not alone in this assessment.
Some people believe Aryan Nations is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So what?

1000x1000.jpg

You are grasping at straws. They never excluded innovations for better firearms. That is a lame argument.

The constitution does, in fact, allow for restrictions on the types of weapons allowed. Ask SCOTUS.

The Constitution has been ignored by this President since the day he entered office. That should be your focus. Not this. Americans are entitled to 2nd Amendment rights and are abiding by the Constitution - we need a President that will do the same.

Even were that true, it is a non-sequitur. Try again.

chicago-full.png

We don't know if banning all guns would significantly reduce the homicide rate because as a nation we've never tried it. But I'd bet the bank that it would.
I'd bet the Treasury you are completely wrong.
In any case it wont happen. There is no getting 300M guns out of circulation. Canada tried a registry of long guns and had to quit because non compliance was so high.

Why can't they?

Exactly.

If it is your right, why aren't you already carrying one?

chicago-full.png

We could also make the cops job easier by not requiring search warrants, make the courts job easier by not requiring jury trials for felonies, and make sure people's feeewings aren't hurt by ignoring the 1st amendment.

Lets see you advocate for all of those things.

and in any event, banning guns won't do crap.

Exactly.

If it is your right, why aren't you already carrying one?

I have a right to trial by jury, but I haven't needed to exercise that one.
A right is a right, also I am a law abiding citizen, until such point as the law goes too far. Right now it has gone far, but not too far.

1000x1000.jpg

Even were that true, it is a non-sequitur. Try again.
Even were that true? Don't you mean - you already know it is true? Do not evade the real issues of where the Constitution is being violated. You and I both know that were the founding fathers here today they would tell Americans that the firearms they possess are not a problem. So drop it. You have nothing here and you know it.

Forum List

Back