🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Examples of why you can't tust Liberals with "reasonable" gun control

The rampant possession of firearms in this country has taken, and continues to take a terrible toll in lives. Now, unless you can come up with a viable solution that addresses that toll, I will continue to hold that we need to get rid of them altogether. But hey, that's just me.

It continues to take a toll primarily of black and Mexican gangster lives. When has Obama ever seriously addressed the problem in Chicago, his old riding? He doesn't give a damn about black gangsters killing one another, nor do the democrats. They take the same attitude as the Mexican government regarding the cartel war along our southern border that's claimed at least 70,000 lives in six years: "Let them kill each, they're drug cartel criminals. They don't matter."

Oh, you mean where Chicago has cut its gun violence death rate by more than half since 1994?

Number_of_murders_by_year_in_Chicago.png

As for Mexico, are you suggesting that we invade Mexico to rid it of its cartels? Good luck with that.
'gun violence death rate' is a false and pointless stat. I dont care how you die - gun hammer or knife - you are just as dead. Does banning guns decrease homicides:

chicago-full.png

Doesn't look like it does anything. I will note that your chart does not mention anything at all about the fact that the 90 were VERY violent and the entire nation has been on a down trend.

We don't know if banning all guns would significantly reduce the homicide rate because as a nation we've never tried it. But I'd bet the bank that it would.
I'd bet the Treasury you are completely wrong.
In any case it wont happen. There is no getting 300M guns out of circulation. Canada tried a registry of long guns and had to quit because non compliance was so high.

Of course it won't happen. The gun manufacturers, with the assistance of the NRA, long ago let the genie out of the bottle.

OK thats a red herring fallacy. No one here is proposing to be a lawless gun toting anarchist.

And yet some here apparently are.
Name them. Provide evidence.

Oh please, USMB is full of such people. Surely you have read their posts.
You're lying now. If there were so many, you would have no problem citing a few examples.

Stop lying, Leftists!

If you haven't noticed the anarchists posting here, that's your problem, not mine. The fact of the matter is that anyone who is so paranoid about where they live that they have to arm themselves for protection is probably not living in a great place.
Please name the anarchists posting here. There arent any.
Crime happens all over, chucklehead.

And yet they still do. and the courts allow it. Here's an exercise, I'll consider your gun grabbing bullshit when you support me getting even my basic firearm rights back in progressive shitholes like NYC.

So you want me to help you provide weapons in New York so more people can die? You're on your own, pal.

Why would people die if I were permitted, as is my right, to carry a firearm?

If it is your right, why aren't you already carrying one?

I have a right to trial by jury, but I haven't needed to exercise that one.
A right is a right, also I am a law abiding citizen, until such point as the law goes too far. Right now it has gone far, but not too far.

You haven't answered my question.

It continues to take a toll primarily of black and Mexican gangster lives. When has Obama ever seriously addressed the problem in Chicago, his old riding? He doesn't give a damn about black gangsters killing one another, nor do the democrats. They take the same attitude as the Mexican government regarding the cartel war along our southern border that's claimed at least 70,000 lives in six years: "Let them kill each, they're drug cartel criminals. They don't matter."

Oh, you mean where Chicago has cut its gun violence death rate by more than half since 1994?

As for Mexico, are you suggesting that we invade Mexico to rid it of its cartels? Good luck with that.
'gun violence death rate' is a false and pointless stat. I dont care how you die - gun hammer or knife - you are just as dead. Does banning guns decrease homicides:

chicago-full.png

Doesn't look like it does anything. I will note that your chart does not mention anything at all about the fact that the 90 were VERY violent and the entire nation has been on a down trend.

We don't know if banning all guns would significantly reduce the homicide rate because as a nation we've never tried it. But I'd bet the bank that it would.
In any case it wont happen. There is no getting 300M guns out of circulation. Canada tried a registry of long guns and had to quit because non compliance was so high.

Of course it won't happen. The gun manufacturers, with the assistance of the NRA, long ago let the genie out of the bottle.
Has absolutely nothing to do with either one.
btw, where do you think police buy guns for their officers?

And yet some here apparently are.

You're lying now. If there were so many, you would have no problem citing a few examples.

Stop lying, Leftists!

If you haven't noticed the anarchists posting here, that's your problem, not mine. The fact of the matter is that anyone who is so paranoid about where they live that they have to arm themselves for protection is probably not living in a great place.

Denial is not a river in Egypt, dude.

And yet they still do. and the courts allow it. Here's an exercise, I'll consider your gun grabbing bullshit when you support me getting even my basic firearm rights back in progressive shitholes like NYC.

So you want me to help you provide weapons in New York so more people can die? You're on your own, pal.

A right is a right, also I am a law abiding citizen, until such point as the law goes too far. Right now it has gone far, but not too far.

Because I CHOOSE not to. and because I don't have the $600-700 dollars it takes to just apply for one (also unconstitutional).

A right doesn't have to be exercised to be held. again, I haven't needed the 4th amendment yet in my life, but I refuse to give it up.

What difference does it make?

Stop lying, Leftists!

Your deflection and inability to respond is noted.
A few more of these and you go on Iggy.

chicago-full.png

Irrelevant, since many criminals are better armed than the police, thanks largely to the manufacturers.

Stop lying, Leftists!

He didn't ask you to define the word - denial - he asked you to answer this question:

So answer it.

chicago-full.png

Irrelevant, since many criminals are better armed than the police, thanks largely to the manufacturers.
You understand that is both a non sequitur and wrong, right?
Police all carry higher capacity handguns as well as shotguns and increasingly AR15s. The SWAT teams have access to granades and fully automatic weapons. The average criminal is armed with a Lorcin 380 or similar.
It is a non sequitur because departments buy their guns from the manufacturers. So we have an interest in seeing manufacturers continue if for no other reason than to supply LE.
You're failing very very badly here.

Stop lying, Leftists!

He didn't ask you to define the word - denial - he asked you to answer this question:

So answer it.

If you refuse to believe there are any on the forums, my pointing them out isn't going to make any difference.

[

As I said, you know nothing about me. But thanks for letting the rest of us know that you are responsible for so many deaths by training people to kill. I'm sure you sleep well a night knowing all those deaths are because of you.

This is a great example of your Moon Bat ignorance.

We teach safe and responsible handling of firearms. For instance, when I teach my "Women on Target" class about 70% of it is safety. The first thing I tell them in the class is if they have children at home keep the firearm locked up and unloaded.

Of course anti gun nut Moon Bats like you would rather have the women be victims than have the ability to protect themselves.

[

As I said, you know nothing about me. But thanks for letting the rest of us know that you are responsible for so many deaths by training people to kill. I'm sure you sleep well a night knowing all those deaths are because of you.

This is a great example of your Moon Bat ignorance.

We teach safe and responsible handling of firearms. For instance, when I teach my "Women on Target" class about 70% of it is safety. The first thing I tell them in the class is if they have children at home keep the firearm locked up and unloaded.

Of course anti gun nut Moon Bats like you would rather have the women be victims than have the ability to protect themselves.

Do you also teach them how to shoot the gun? If so, then you teach them how to kill.

[

The "genie" was let out of the bottle long before there was a NRA and most firearms were imported from abroad. In fact it was the Founding Fathers of the United States of America that determined that the people have the right to keep and bear arms because it was "necessary for the security of a free State". Go read the Bill of Rights.

[

Do you also teach them how to shoot the gun? If so, then you teach them how to kill.

We teach them how to use a firearm to protect themselves and to use it in a safe manner according to the law. Sence you Moon Bats have a strong are anti women agenda you would rather see them as victims than self empowered women.

It is funny. The only time I have ever used a firearm for anything other than recreational purposes or security for my family is when I was employed by the government that you Moon Bats love so much.

How many more have to die?

Nine-Month-Old Boy Accidentally Shot by Brother in Elmo Missouri - NBC News

A nine-month-old boy has died after his five-year-old brother accidentally shot him, police in Missouri said. Officers found the infant suffering from a gunshot wound to the head after responding to a 911 call placed by the boys' mother on Monday morning, according to the Nodaway County Sheriff's Office.

Still has zero relevance to my right to keep and bear arms.

[

The "genie" was let out of the bottle long before there was a NRA and most firearms were imported from abroad. In fact it was the Founding Fathers of the United States of America that determined that the people have the right to keep and bear arms because it was "necessary for the security of a free State". Go read the Bill of Rights.

You misunderstand what I am talking about. Fifteen years ago, it was estimated that there were 80 million privately owned guns in the U.S. That number today is estimated to be at least 300 million. What? Do you think people suddenly woke up one morning and thought "damn, the Constitution allows me to own a gun. I think I'll buy one".

How many more have to die?

Nine-Month-Old Boy Accidentally Shot by Brother in Elmo Missouri - NBC News

A nine-month-old boy has died after his five-year-old brother accidentally shot him, police in Missouri said. Officers found the infant suffering from a gunshot wound to the head after responding to a 911 call placed by the boys' mother on Monday morning, according to the Nodaway County Sheriff's Office.

If a five year kid had access to a loaded firearm then it was because of the irresponsibility of the parents. Why take Constitution rights away from responsible people because there are some idiotic irresponsible people out there? Are you stupid?

Then you wonder why we call you Moon Bats.

Forum List

Back