Executive Order to forgive $50,000 in student debt

dam.....i wonder if they will get to excusing 50,000 dollars of my mortgage?......
While that is a very good point. . perhaps the solution would be, rather enacting "student loan cancellation," if we could rewind history to the point where the special interests conned both Dems and Repubs to pass legislation to the point where folks could not declare bankruptcy and have those obligations written off and have it reflected on their financial history.

Now. . . I don't know a lot about these issues given my disability and life history, I have never owned property, so feel free to correct me. . . but, if you were in a major car wreck, became a quadriplegic, and could no longer make your note, you could, theoretically, declare bankruptcy and have that mortgage be written off, yes? Didn't Trump himself declare bankruptcy on several properties? Just asking here. . . I don't know everything.

. . . the same would not be true for a med student with several hundred thousand dollars in debt. They would be disabled with that debt for the rest of their disabled lives. The STATE, in it's infinite wisdom given by the banking interests, decided that student loans were not eligible for bankruptcy court because. . . . . . folks that take out those loans are immune to disastrous life events or something? I dunno. :dunno:

Now, if I have made some errors in logic, please feel free to point them out.
It's a simple concept actually. It makes no sense at all to allow a medical student fresh out of school to declare themselves bankrupt...wipe out all of their debt...and then start a career where they are getting paid huge amounts of money!

Medical school students have plenty of options that allow them choices that get them out of college not owing a dime, so that isn;t an issue for that major. The ral issue is the costs of catering to a bunch of unqualified seat warmers, some 90% of whom shouldn't be admitted to college in the first place and all the building budgets and salaries and new expenses being racked up by these colleges all based on a scam and a lie re the necessity of having to have a college degree for part time semi-skilled jobs. it is a criminal racket, and it's stupid to keep sniveling and whiining about some 18 year olds making bad decisions while the alleged 'adults' keep conning them and an entire infrastructure of liars and crooks created to keep them making bad decisions.

Who really wants lawyers, engineers, teachers, etc to get a stupid degree anyway. Just go at it.

Good idea. You don't need college to study for a bar exam anyway; this country did fine with self-educated professionals for over 150 years. So did Wall Street and all the big corporations. Why should the Fed train a company's employees for them?

In some cases they shouldn't. Good luck getting corporations to train their own employee's. That's not good for stock prices.

facepalm-statue.jpg

The United States of America is in grave danger of falling apart.....

Unfortunately half the population is delighted about that.

dam.....i wonder if they will get to excusing 50,000 dollars of my mortgage?......
If your mortgage is over 50k you should be spanked er oh that's right, you live in California that rich man's paradise. But the colleges are free, no?
To have a sub-fifty grand mortgage, you have to live in the middle of nowhere. In Arizona, my house cost 260,000 three years ago. I'm sure there are places like Detroit or Baltimore where you can get cheap houses, but does anyone really want to live there? I seem to remember the city of Detroit being willing to sell houses for $1.00 and getting few or no takers.
When you buy a house in Baltimore or Detroit for $1, you better understand that your neighbors will be Twyvon Dupree, Leroyshazamba Brodenta, and Laquishaniqua Smith, and they're all on welfare with 5 kids. You're gonna have to co-op with Kool Aid and peanut butter on white bread, Skittles, and Colt 45.

LOL....

The food should be free. We've already paid the farmers. Why are they able to sell stuff we've already paid for?

This is actually a good point.
no it isnt,, I'm a farmer and the government has only take from me and not given me anything but heartache,,,

You're just some guy who wants the government to subsidize your Green Acres fantasy about being a 'country squire''. Big Ag feeds by far the most people, good or bad, and I know several farmers who do just great in the boutique farming niches, like aloe, etc. If you're 'experiencing nothing but heartache' it's probably because you keep trying to get away with something but aren't bright enough to pull anything off.

LOL....

The food should be free. We've already paid the farmers. Why are they able to sell stuff we've already paid for?

no it isnt,, I'm a farmer and the government has only take from me and not given me anything but heartache,,,

So, what's the deal with Bill Gates buying up so much American farmlands ???

Clearly he knows something we don't yet.
Whatever the reason.....it is NOT good for Americans I know that.
I suspect part of agenda21 is the taking of food production and placing it under strict government control.
The fools on the Left keep cheering their own demise.

The New York Post
Bill Gates is now the largest farmland owner in America

Bill Gates is now the largest farmland owner in America

Last edited:
If your mortgage is over 50k you should be spanked er oh that's right, you live in California that rich man's paradise. But the colleges are free, no?
To have a sub-fifty grand mortgage, you have to live in the middle of nowhere. In Arizona, my house cost 260,000 three years ago. I'm sure there are places like Detroit or Baltimore where you can get cheap houses, but does anyone really want to live there? I seem to remember the city of Detroit being willing to sell houses for $1.00 and getting few or no takers.
When you buy a house in Baltimore or Detroit for $1, you better understand that your neighbors will be Twyvon Dupree, Leroyshazamba Brodenta, and Laquishaniqua Smith, and they're all on welfare with 5 kids. You're gonna have to co-op with Kool Aid and peanut butter on white bread, Skittles, and Colt 45.

Actually most of them will be a transient population of squatters, and will eventually burn the houses down, even those with people living in them. It looked like WW II Dresden years ago.

Last edited:
LOL....

You're just some guy who wants the government to subsidize your Green Acres fantasy about being a 'country squire''. Big Ag feeds by far the most people, good or bad, and I know several farmers who do just great in the boutique farming niches, like aloe, etc. If you're 'experiencing nothing but heartache' it's probably because you keep trying to get away with something but aren't bright enough to pull anything off.
great another fucking mind reader,,

LOL....

So, what's the deal with Bill Gates buying up so much American farmlands ???

Clearly he knows something we don't yet.

He knows mass production is the only way ag pays, and the land is relatively cheap now, the same reasons Red Chinese are buying up west coast property like there is no tomorrow. Biden and the Democrats are going to provide them with all the cheap brown labor they could ever want with their open borders program.

LOL....

Your skull is wide open. Even Buck Wheat could read it that little thing.

LOL....

Your skull is wide open. Even Buck Wheat could read it that little thing.
what ever you say buttercup,,

Congratulations US Taxpayer, looks like you will get to pick up the $50,000 tab of irresponsible college students and families who took on more debt than they could handle because they felt entitled to go to private elite colleges 3 time zones away and concentrate their studies in useless majors that have no demand in the job market. These students and families who feel entitled to this have the audacity to say they have been “enslaved” or victimized by student debt.

Moving forward, there needs to be more controls in place to qualify students and their families towards state and local institutions and concentrations of study that yield good paying jobs.

Check your race cards and class warfare bullshit at the door.

The trouble is that even state colleges have seen huge increases in tuition because Republican governore have cut the amount of money that goes to colleges. A lot of this was never going to be paid anyway so that would be a acknowledgement of reality.

The core trouble is people took on more debt than they should have. Republican or Democrat, it’s time for limits.

How about private businesses training their own employees instead of whining for govt. to do it, then sniveling about how the govt. does it.

Agreed. The only thing the government should do is provide tax incentives.

My belief is that these Universities with their over bloated endowments, and top heavy administrations with outrageous salaries milking the middle class for abusing the trust of education, and filling these young minds with bull shit quasi Marxist theory, should have to dip into their endowments to take care of this demand....

My belief is that these Universities with their over bloated endowments, and top heavy administrations with outrageous salaries milking the middle class for abusing the trust of education, and filling these young minds with bull shit quasi Marxist theory, should have to dip into their endowments to take care of this demand....

They won't. You (and I) will

"All that was required for evil men to enslave free men was for free men to do nothing"

Although I understand the argument for it, I don't think this is the way to handle the problem of the high cost of college education.

Frankly, I don't know of a better way. It's probably not a one answer problem anyway, but I don't believe the federal gov't should be involved in student loans. Or mortgages either. Or abortions. Or minimum wage. Or local law and order. Or health care. All of these and more are best solved at the local and state level, each according to their needs and resources.

Forum List

Back