Existence

Science tells us that the laws of nature existed before space and time. Science tells us that given enough time and the right conditions that beings that know and create will eventually arise.

The laws of nature preordained the beings that know and create would eventually arise QED.
No, science doesn't tell us that. Some scientists hypothesize that, but that's not an established fact and who the fuck knows why you keep blabbering it as such.

This comes from Thomas Frey. It's purported to be an "unanswerable" question:

What existed before the big bang, before creation, before God?

It becomes very confusing when we throw in theories about other dimensions and non-linear time, but all of these theories fail to answer this most fundamental of all questions, “Why does anything exist?”
It is unanswerable because it is a false question.

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging.

Rather than being a late emergence, intelligence has always existed and is the source and matrix of physical reality.
I can see how one might theorize the eternal, but the unchanging part is even more absurd and baseless.

The universe exists so that intelligence would emerge.
Conjecture. You'd have to first establish that the Universe has purpose, for this to be a reasonable comment. Dingssertion #782

You can't tell what something is by how it starts out. You can only tell what it is by how it turns out.

Intelligence is the pinnacle of creation.

You can't tell what something is by how it starts out. You can only tell what it is by how it turns out.

Intelligence is the pinnacle of creation.
Conjecture.

Your reasoning is a great explanation for why you sound so half-studied in every single subject you talk about. Information can be taught, but you're the clear example that processing said information reasonably cannot be.

"Immortality is the pinnacle of creation."

I dont need to back that up, right? I can just ding-ssert it and it's thus fact.

We live in a universe where there has never been an caused event. Which means for every event there is a reason or cause for the outcome of that event.

We live in a universe where there has never been an caused event. Which means for every event there is a reason or cause for the outcome of that event.
Dingsertion - there is no established, peer reviewed cause of the big bang. Only hypothesis' exist, at the present.

It doesn't take much intellectual scrutiny for Ding to believe something. No wonder he believes he's smart :lol:

The emergence of intelligence in the universe was not a freak occurrence but a product of the laws of nature.

It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.
"....... because I say so."
What do you think, Hollie?

I'd say - in applying some critical thinking, that the Nature of any living creature is to seek Survival, and Longevity of the species. One mechanism to accomplish this, thus making it secondary to the primary Nature of living creatures, is enhanced knowledge.

Natural selection and genetic mutation seems another. Bacteria, so far, is the clear winner in terms of longevity.

But the question the OP is asking is why? And to answer that you have to know what something ends up being and not what it starts out as. And the most complex thing that has been created from all of this is intelligence; consciousness. There is nothing more rare and special than being a being that knows and creates.

Created by a 5" pufferfish in hopes of attracting a mate.
No consciousness, no "intelligence," no hands. We are not so "rare" or "special." Just another creature that occasionally belches out something awesome. When we're not busy doing something horrendous.
4149E2DC00000578-4589618-image-a-53_1497033578583.jpg

It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence.
"....... because I say so."
What do you think, Hollie?

I'd say - in applying some critical thinking, that the Nature of any living creature is to seek Survival, and Longevity of the species. One mechanism to accomplish this, thus making it secondary to the primary Nature of living creatures, is enhanced knowledge.

Natural selection and genetic mutation seems another. Bacteria, so far, is the clear winner in terms of longevity.

That's a great point about bacteria. In the realm of biological life and longevity, simple and less complex wins.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I was listening to a podcast that mentioned something about internal Bacteria changing the literal behaviors of cats and rats. It was pretty fascinating....I haven't look in-depth at it yet, though.

I've also found myself pretty intrigued by the theoretical physicists currently hypothesizing over whether we're some sort of augmented reality. In this "sense" there'd be a designer, or designers, called "Programmer" and not "God" - but that wouldn't resolve the question of how existence period came about...

There's also some physicist working on the idea that "beginning" is a conundrum, since time is but one dimension (4th) and were it literally manifest at the onset of the big bang - the term "beginning" is meaningless "before" the big bang, as is the word "before" ....and so it's a very complex issue....that I find intriguing to keep an eye on.

But the question the OP is asking is why? And to answer that you have to know what something ends up being and not what it starts out as. And the most complex thing that has been created from all of this is intelligence; consciousness. There is nothing more rare and special than being a being that knows and creates.

Created by a 5" pufferfish in hopes of attracting a mate.
No consciousness, no "intelligence," no hands. We are not so "rare" or "special." Just another creature that occasionally belches out something awesome. When we're not busy doing something horrendous.
4149E2DC00000578-4589618-image-a-53_1497033578583.jpg
If all the matter and energy in the universe were represented by the sand in the Sahara desert, all life in the universe would be represented by a single grain of sand. And that's not intelligent life, that's all life.

Intelligence is the most advanced and complex phenomena the universe has produced.

Forum List

Back