expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Of course, before Bradford's injury, there was more bad news for the team last week. Forbes' annual rankings of NFL franchise values recently listed the Rams dead last, at $930 million, behind the lowly Buffalo Bills (a team that's currently up for sale). Forbes linked the Rams to Los Angeles, saying, “The Rams play in the antiquated Edward Jones Dome, but can break their stadium lease and leave St. Louis in March 2015 if they do not reach a new agreement with local and state officials before then. All signs are pointing to Los Angeles.”

Considering Bradford's six-year, $78 million contract—with $50 million guaranteed—the least valuable team in the NFL just lost its most valuable asset.

If there is some good news, the Rams’ value did jump 6 percent—one of the largest vaults in the league. But if the team were to relocate to L.A., Rams owner Stan Kroenke might borrow Manziel’s trademark: that two-finger sign that means “money.”

A Rough Week For the St. Louis Rams - St. Louis Magazine

so much for the Rams staying in saint Louis.lol.

Bill McClellan from the Post-Dispatch just blew a major hole in the Peacock plan and says Kroenke wants to move to LA and has been intent on leaving for a long time. Says STL folks are overestimating Peacock's influence and he isn't really seen as a major player by the NFL anymore. Says the city has no money and rolling over the bonds will garner a lawsuit if it's not put to a public vote. Says Kroenke isn't playing a game with STL and isn't simply using the Inglewood land as a bargaining chip.

The Press Box 12 30 14 insideSTL.com - St. Louis Sports Music Entertainment and Nightlife The Press Box with Frank Cusumano presented by Lindenwood University - Weekdays from 10A-12P on CBS Sports 920

Last edited:
Kara Henderson Snead flew into Los Angeles today. Now why would the wife of the Rams GM need to be in LA?

It would serve a greater purpose than simply returning a team to Los Angeles — team, or teams. It would serve as a West Coast center of gravity for the NFL as an entertainment property,” Grubman said. “There’s no better place on the planet to do that than the Los Angeles market — the intersection of entertainment, celebrity and business.”

NFL in L.A. Is Tinseltown About to Land Two Pro Football Teams - NBC News

So who moves? Not the Raiders, a team reportedly on the brink of a new stadium in Oakland. Probably not the Chargers, which experienced a spike in fan support while making the playoffs last season.

But the Rams are vulnerable. They have an injured quarterback, the NFL's worst winning percentage over the past eight seasons, and a fan base that isn't exactly attached to the product.

NFL is king but 5 issues continue to dog it

and so it begins.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that St. Louis leads the NFL in tickets sold to fans of the opposing team.

You're the nation's second-largest market, and you're supposedly hungry for an NFL franchise that will bring out huge crowds, create corporate synergy opportunities, and draw big TV ratings. Go ahead and build them a new stadium and try to create a new fan base

Paul Harris Online Los Angeles You Can Have The Rams

• Just because the Rams still could stay in St Louis another season, STILL doesn't mean the team won't move....Kroenke knows the economic realities... the state of Missouri can't in any way shape or form come up with the money to keep the Rams they don't have the finances to do it without horrible drastic cuts to social services in the state, and that would be political suicide for Governor Nixon and the state government. The Rams are coming home no doubt, Kroenke knows the worth of the team will SKYROCKET with the move back to LA.
  • amen brother.

here is why the raiders wont move back to LA.i called it before the year began that mark davis despite what he says would go on another year to year basis because he has nowhere else to go.hee hee.

Last edited:
Is bernie actually throwing in the towel? lol

"'they have an owner who is probably going to move the team."

Bernie video Rams fans need reason to cheer Sports

• Bernie, we thought you said that the NFL was saving Los Angeles for two expansion teams.
    • thanks Mr. Bernie, I see you have lost faith bud.
    • This reminds me of the final days in LA. That Lady decimated the team with Shaw. It sounds like St. Louis fans are jumping ship. There are still thousands of patient fans here in LA with open arms and forgiveness. Come on home guys the water and weather are warm.
    • All this happened to us here in L.A., it started in 1992 with rumors of the team moving to Baltimore. Then St. Louis opened up the taxpayers pocketbook and gave "She who shall not be named" a sweetheart deal. By the last game on December, she was supposed to hold a press conference with the radio booth, but she packed her dancing shoes and left. We had tried in vain to speak with her, but she literally cut off all the fans and don't get me started on the part of her speech where she disrespected the L.A. fan base after winning the Superbowl. Welcome home Los Angeles Rams, your vacation in St. Louis will be overlooked. GO L.A. RAMS 2015.
      • hey bernie you hippie, you finally a chicken little. finallly realized the rams want out of stl
        • Bernie doesn't know how the fans in St. Louis tolerate it? Well St. Louis fans, now you know what was done to the LA fans by Georgia "Wicked Witch of the West" Frontierre after she IMO had her husband knocked off. Ain't karma a batch?
          • LA Rams are coming home. Thanks Bernie seeing the light.
            • Chicken Little alert! Bernie is now officially a member of the Chicken Little club. Then again, a better name for the club is the Reality Bites club because Bernie and his sources have finally come to the realization that Stan - I turned my back on my home state- Kroenke is moving the Rams back to LA.

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt if Stan and Shaw had this plan all along and now it is a reality. Shaw will probably be his president of football operations in LA. Bernie not seeing the light when Stan bought the land in Inglewood was funny. Stan has a house in LA, land in LA, tried to buy the Dodgers, hangs with bigwigs in LA at Lakers games, was on the LA stadium committee, asked for $700 million in improvements to the Dome knowing it would not be accepted and will get out of the lease in 2015 and Bernie is JUST NOW seeing the light, realizing those who feared Stan's intentions were right. The LA Rams will be back at some point, thanks to the stupidity of the clowns that brought them here and gave Stan a sweetheart lease. John Shaw when asked how he got such a deal said " I just asked" and of course the idiots here got played and gave it all to him, hence the reason the Rams are moving and the Jags and others are not. Also, the Dome was obsolete shortly after it was built. IDIOTS that were in office then, should be put in jail for stealing our tax dollars.
              • Rocky, good observations. St Louis is losing the Rams due to the ridiculous escape clause in the stadium lease that allows them to leave after this season. It was short sighted for the people who brought the Rams here to agree to that.

Bernie has changed his position about the Rams leaving rather abruptly. As you indicate, he must have gotten the word about their leaving from his sources. Also, I have noticed that other local radio and TV personalities are talking as if the Rams may very well leave after this season.
                • With all due respect Bernie.What made you change our mind about the Rams, are probably going to move now. Last year ,anyone that said the Rams were going to move after this season,you call alot Rams Fans Chicken Little's.I hope you write articile ,why you think that Silent Stan is going to move the Rams now,Tells us what you know.Thanks Bernie
                  • think it's as Rocky says. Bernie's sources have told him that the Rams are moving, that Kroenke has decided to make the move. But I would like him to write an article giving his reasons for his somewhat abrupt change in position.
                    • Thanks Bernie for keeping it real. The Rams are gone
                    • It's interesting Bernie that you finally believe that Kroenke is going to move the team. What changed in your mind? Just a few months ago you told us not to worry about L.A. or London.

Last edited:
In a press release issued today, City of Inglewood Mayor James Butts will hold a Town Hall meeting this Saturday, September 13th. Among the topics he will be discussing is "NFL in Inglewood - What's the Real Story?" The meeting will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 400 West Florence Avenue in Inglewood at the intersection of Florence & Inglewood avenues. It's short notice, but we need as many L.A. Rams fans to come out to Inglewood in support of returning our team to its rightful place.

Timeline Photos - Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams Facebook

http://www.cityofinglewood.org/pdfs/commdev/hollywoodpark/1.pdf

here is why they will be back in 2015.you got to remember where you got that source from,saint Louis.they are very biased in their reporting and not objective at all.they want to convince themselves as much as they possibly can,the Rams will be staying.
Notice they never said that there has been any announcement made by the Rams organization that they intend to stay?
the chargers a coupel days before the ESPN rumor came out,announced they would stay in san diego for at least one more year,then the raiders did a couple days later after that,but not one word from the rams organization on planning to stay in saint Louis on a yearly lease to lease basis as of yet.gee I wonder why.:biggrin:

they CLAIM the rams will be staying in saint Louis next year,yet did you notice they never said the rams have said they will stay? :biggrin:

all that headline says in that biased newspaper is chances improve they will stay.they do everything in the world to try and convince the folks in saint Louis they are staying.they are grasping at straws.

if they were staying,the rams would have come out and said they were by now same as the raiders and chargers have but they haven't so that's why you are seeing headlines like that from them trying to convince folks they are staying.lol.

Will the Rams be returning to L.A. in 2015? :hellno:

Here's why they won't be back in 2015. "THERE WILL BE NO TEAM IN LA IN 2015", that is something that Roger Goodell made very clear to the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers.

No L.A. team in 15 Raiders to extend Oakland lease - NFL.com

You have been believing the hype that the Rams are returning to L.A. in 2015. They're not.

Forum List

Back