Experts in 2000: Snowfalls Are a Thing of the Past!

A dying cult is one that makes over 50 insane climate predictions and have yet to have one come true.

The temperature predictions have been stellar, even the ones made 40 years ago. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. That 40+ year record of success is why climate scientists have such credibility. They earned it by being consistently right.

In contrast, your cult has gotten every single prediction wrong for the past 40 years. Your unblemished record of faliure is why you're correctly classified as pseudoscience cultists. if you want to stop being laughed at, you have to stop failing with your predictions. Just whining about how unfair the laughter is won't make it stop.

A good start there would be to stop screaming "ICE AGE TOMORROW", as Billy is doing now on the other thread, and which your cult has been doing nonstop for over 40 years. Given your endless failure there, you should have figured out the new ice age isn't arriving. But then, you're doomsday cultists, and your faith is pure. Each time your icy doomsday fails to arrive, you simply push the date of doomsday back a little more.
1613068065400.png

He is the worst kind of idiot who tries hard to ignore Dr. Viner's quoted words.

Which did not include "snowfalls are a thing of the past" or "Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past". The OP lied about that, and you ran to defend the lie.

You could have used context as a defense, but then you admitted you were taking it out of context. Right here.

Meanwhile he was talking about Britain area, not the entire world.

Dang. you're just screwed. I don't see any further ways you can weasel here, but I'm sure you'll try.

\Oh? Is that why the oceans have not risen and temperatures remain the same?

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, ...

When my point is that you're a delusional cultist, babbling like a delusional cultist should not be your first choice of options.

He is the worst kind of idiot who tries hard to ignore Dr. Viner's quoted words.

Which did not include "snowfalls are a thing of the past" or "Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past". The OP lied about that, and you ran to defend the lie.

You could have used context as a defense, but then you admitted you were taking it out of context. Right here.

Dang. you're just screwed. I don't see any further ways you can weasel here, but I'm sure you'll try.
Of course. A headline saying SNOWFALLS ARE NOW A THING OF THE PAST did not even imply that SNOWFALLS ARE NOW A THING OF THE PAST.

Meanwhile you doomsdayscience haters are 0-50.
Below are the 50 failed doomsday, eco-pocalyptic predictions (with links):

1. 1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
2. 1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
3. 1970: Ice Age By 2000
4. 1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
5. 1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
6. 1972: New Ice Age By 2070
7. 1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
8. 1974: Another Ice Age?
9. 1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life (data and graph)
10. 1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
11. 1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes (additional link)
12. 1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend (additional link)
13. 1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
14. 1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
15. 1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
16. 1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
17. 1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
18. 2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
19. 2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
20. 2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
21. 2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
22. 2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
23. 2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
24. 2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
25. 2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
26. 2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015 (additional link)
27. 2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
28. 1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
29. 1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
30. 1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
31. 1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
32. 1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 1990s
33. 1980: Peak Oil In 2000
34. 1996: Peak Oil in 2020
35. 2002: Peak Oil in 2010
36. 2006: Super Hurricanes!
37. 2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
38. 1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
39. 1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
40. 1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
41. 1970s: Killer Bees!
42. 1975: The Cooling World and a Drastic Decline in Food Production
43. 1969: Worldwide Plague, Overwhelming Pollution, Ecological Catastrophe, Virtual Collapse of UK by End of 20th Century
44. 1972: Pending Depletion and Shortages of Gold, Tin, Oil, Natural Gas, Copper, Aluminum
45. 1970: Oceans Dead in a Decade, US Water Rationing by 1974, Food Rationing by 1980
46. 1988: World’s Leading Climate Expert Predicts Lower Manhattan Underwater by 2018
47. 2005: Fifty Million Climate Refugees by the Year 2020
48. 2000: Snowfalls Are Now a Thing of the Past
49.1989: UN Warns That Entire Nations Wiped Off the Face of the Earth by 2000 From Global Warming
50. 2011: Washington Post Predicted Cherry Blossoms Blooming in Winter

Do you know what a Quote is.....?

Meanwhile you keeps saying they lied, but they are one of the water carriers of the AGW cult of Europe.

I have long known he was talking about his home country, it says so right there in the article. But he was very wrong, which is why the newspapers deleted their article.

Here are the words of Britain, England, London in the article"

Britain’s weather ends tomorrow with further indications of a striking environmental change: Snow is starting to disappear form our lives. Sledges, snowmen, snowballs and the excitement of waking to find that the stuff has settled outside are all a rapidly diminishing part of Britain’s culture, as warmer winters – which scientists are attributing to global climate change – produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.

The first two months of 2000 were virtually free of significant snowfall in much of lowland Britain, and December brought only moderate snowfall in the South-east. It is the continuation of a trend that has been increasingly visible in the past 15 years: in the south of England, for instance, from 1970 to 1995 snow and sleet fell for an average of 3.7 days, while from 1988 to 1995 the average was 0.7 days. London’s last substantial snowfall was in February 1991.

Global warming, the heating of the atmosphere by increased amounts of industrial gases, is now accepted as a reality by the international community. Average temperatures in Britain were nearly 0.6°C higher in the Nineties than in 1960-90, and it is estimated that they will increase by 0.2C every decade over the coming century. Eight of the 10 hottest years on record occurred in the Nineties.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia ,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said.

The effects of snow-free winter in Britain are already becoming apparent. This year, for the first time ever, Hamleys, Britain’s biggest toyshop, had no sledges on display in its Regent Street store. “It was a bit of a first,” a spokesperson said.

Fen skating, once a popular sport on the fields of East Anglia, now takes place on indoor artificial rinks. Malcolm Robinson, of the Fenland Indoor Speed Skating Club in Peterborough, says they have not skated outside since 1997. “As a boy, I can remember being on ice most winters. Now it’s few and far between,” he said.
Michael Jeacock, a Cambridgeshire local historian, added that a generation was growing up “without experiencing one of the greatest joys and privileges of living in this part of the world – open-air skating”.

Warmer winters have significant environmental and economic implications, and a wide range of research indicates that pests and plant diseases, usually killed back by sharp frosts, are likely to flourish. But very little research has been done on the cultural implications of climate change – into the possibility, for example, that our notion of Christmas might have to shift.
Professor Jarich Oosten, an anthropologist at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands, says that even if we no longer see snow, it will remain culturally important.
“We don’t really have wolves in Europe any more, but they are still an important part of our culture and everyone knows what they look like,” he said.

David Parker, at the Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research in Berkshire, says ultimately, British children could have only virtual experience of snow. Via the internet, they might wonder at polar scenes – or eventually “feel” virtual cold.

Heavy snow will return occasionally, says Dr Viner, but when it does we will be unprepared. “We’re really going to get caught out. Snow will probably cause chaos in 20 years time,” he said.

The chances are certainly now stacked against the sort of heavy snowfall in cities that inspired Impressionist painters, such as Sisley, and the 19th century poet laureate Robert Bridges, who wrote in London Snow” of it, “stealthily and perpetually settling and loosely lying”.

Not any more, it seems.

=======

You are stupid as shit!

Last edited:
Every winter, like clockwork.

Every winter, like clockwork leftists ignoramus fail to remember the 2001 IPCC projection of less snow and more rain/freezing rain in the winter.

:rolleyes:

Many times the worst case scenarios, or even comments about those scenarios, are taken out of context by both sides of the argument.

:laugh:

I notice you ignored several examples already.

When will YOU admit the 2001 IPCC report projecting LESS snow and MORE rain/freezing rain was a failure?

No I remember the origins of the story. An alarmist author quoted a few words, as if the Dr. came up to the mic and said "Snow is a thing of the past and In few year kids will not know what snow is" and then dropped the mic, They usually omit the "If current trends continue......"

Every winter, like clockwork leftists ignoramus fail to remember the 2001 IPCC projection of less snow and more rain/freezing rain in the winter.

Many times the worst case scenarios, or even comments about those scenarios, are taken out of context by both sides of the argument.

When will YOU admit the 2001 IPCC report projecting LESS snow and MORE rain/freezing rain was a failure?

No I remember the origins of the story. An alarmist author quoted a few words, as if the Dr. came up to the mic and said "Snow is a thing of the past and In few year kids will not know what snow is" and then dropped the mic, They usually omit the "If current trends continue......"

But of course you don't post a link to it. But even if he did say that he is still wrong....... :auiqs.jpg:

Once again, you seem oblivious that the newspaper, The Independent I quoted from is a leftist AGW supporting publication.

Every winter, the liars trot out the "experts said snowfalls are thing of the past!" big lie.

That's the sign of a dying cult. They can't even be bothered to fake new propaganda. They're just phoning it in.

Hey Moron, it's the IPCC Predictions! We're they predicting less snowfall in summer in NY?

But of course you don't post a link to it. But even if he did say that he is still wrong....... :auiqs.jpg:

Once again, you seem oblivious that the newspaper, The Independent I quoted from is a leftist AGW supporting publication.

No one on your side posted a link to the Dr.'s full quote in context either.

I think alarmist are nearly as bad as the deniers. There is no evidence that the small amount of warming attributed to mans activity has altered any weather patterns, or create stronger or more hurricanes. It may have, we just haven't been able to measure it. Most all of the extreme weather events aren't predicted to occur until next century.

So there's no more AGW? When did that stop? Is that your "Science"?

"Dr. David Viner of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia — yes, the epicenter of what would become the Climategate scandal — as saying that within a few years snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event.” Indeed, Viner opined, “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”"

Headline 2000: “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past”

East Angelia? Why is that name so familiar?

Forum List

Back