Experts in 2000: Snowfalls Are a Thing of the Past!

One of the longest running climate prediction blunders has disappeared from the Internet
Yes, the internet always preserves every single article from every newspaper back to 2000 and earlier. If one article from 2000 goes away, it clearly indicates a nefarious conspiracy.

Kudos to you and your crack team of sleuths for exposing the conspiracy.

The Independent was the one who published the story, go find it for me you jackass!

Every winter, the liars trot out the "experts said snowfalls are thing of the past!" big lie.

That's the sign of a dying cult. They can't even be bothered to fake new propaganda. They're just phoning it in.
No expert has ever said "snowfalls are a thing of the past". Lie much?

Not without qualifying it first with "if current trends continue..." or " According to the latest models....."

And yet YOU can't find me the website that has those quotes.....

:laugh:

Cause it's a secret.

Seriously, it was the models. This bit's right need the top, first indented section.

"Regarding the second item (the future of snow in the UK, it was a newspaper quote (in the Independent) of an individual scientist, not by the Met Office as such, and was anticipating conditions in 2020, so regardless it’s a bit early to be criticizing it.

But the 2020 prognosis is almost certainly wrong, although for a very interesting reason. (This is from recent work done by Francis and Vavrus, primarily.)

It is the case that there was a general expectation from the modeling results circa 2000 that climate zones would continue to shift poleward (consequent to expansion of the tropics) and that the already not-too-snowy UK climate would become even less so, especially if we’re talking London and southern England. That was all fair enough given the science of the time, but then polar amplification threw a large and unanticipated monkey wrench into the works in the form of changes in the northern jet stream.

While the climate zones indeed have continued their northward movement, the jet has slowed and increased its amplitude, making it possible for cold weather to set up and persist farther south than would otherwise have been the case. Worse than that for UK winters, a related change is the much-increased tendency for a persistent high to set up around southern Greenland, with a resulting downstream trough tending to channel high-latitude winter weather straight into the UK.

So, while it would appear that those snow-bearing storms won’t largely taper off (i.e. turn to rain) by 2020, none of this reflects poorly on the scientist who made the statement except insofar as he failed to anticipate an unknown unknown that has made things worse.

Every winter, the liars trot out the "experts said snowfalls are thing of the past!" big lie.

That's the sign of a dying cult. They can't even be bothered to fake new propaganda. They're just phoning it in.

Not without qualifying it first with "if current trends continue..." or " According to the latest models....."

Cause it's a secret.

Seriously, it was the models. This bit's right need the top, first indented section.

"Regarding the second item (the future of snow in the UK, it was a newspaper quote (in the Independent) of an individual scientist, not by the Met Office as such, and was anticipating conditions in 2020, so regardless it’s a bit early to be criticizing it.

But the 2020 prognosis is almost certainly wrong, although for a very interesting reason. (This is from recent work done by Francis and Vavrus, primarily.)

It is the case that there was a general expectation from the modeling results circa 2000 that climate zones would continue to shift poleward (consequent to expansion of the tropics) and that the already not-too-snowy UK climate would become even less so, especially if we’re talking London and southern England. That was all fair enough given the science of the time, but then polar amplification threw a large and unanticipated monkey wrench into the works in the form of changes in the northern jet stream.

While the climate zones indeed have continued their northward movement, the jet has slowed and increased its amplitude, making it possible for cold weather to set up and persist farther south than would otherwise have been the case. Worse than that for UK winters, a related change is the much-increased tendency for a persistent high to set up around southern Greenland, with a resulting downstream trough tending to channel high-latitude winter weather straight into the UK.

So, while it would appear that those snow-bearing storms won’t largely taper off (i.e. turn to rain) by 2020, none of this reflects poorly on the scientist who made the statement except insofar as he failed to anticipate an unknown unknown that has made things worse.

:auiqs.jpg:

You are desperately deflecting....

I repeat myself, since you haven't backed up your added quotes with a LINK.

I posted the article that had the QUOTES in it, which you keep resisting by adding additional quotes that you can't back up with a link.

Surely are not that stupid?

According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia ,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said
The CRU scientists at the University of East Anglia?

Weren't those the fake data Hockey Stick scientists?...

...the "hide the decline" guys?

According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia ,within a few years winter snowfall will become “a very rare and exciting event”. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he said

No Dr. Viner has nothing to do with it.

It was Dr's Mann, Briffa and Jones who played that dishonest game.

The Original Hide-the-Decline

LINK

Cause it's a secret.

I posted the article that had the QUOTES in it, which you keep resisting by adding additional quotes that you can't back up with a link.

The Independent article you posted had obvious incomplete quotes from a scientist. You seem to think that is was some how a singularly definitive statement because you have no interest in what else he said. The few words quoted is all you need to come to your preconceived conclusion. It matters not to you what the guy was working on. Besides you already claimed victory, WTF are you doing back.

Cause it's a secret.

The Independent article you posted had obvious incomplete quotes from a scientist. You seem to think that is was some how a singularly definitive statement because you have no interest in what else he said. The few words quoted is all you need to come to your preconceived conclusion. It matters not to you what the guy was working on. Besides you already claimed victory, WTF are you doing back.

Not once have I denied he said more than what was quoted from The Independent article, what I keep try to get YOU to do is find the link for his additional comments/quotes but you never do, then idiotically attack me for it. :cuckoo:

I am growing convinced you are unable to be honest in your replies since I myself tried to find the rest of his comments, even showed YOU the link to GOOGLE page indicating they may never be found.

I never claimed victory at all you liar!

Cause it's a secret.

Hilarious watching you doomsdayers try to justify your 0-50 record.

Cause it's a secret.

Not once have I denied he said more than what was quoted from The Independent article, what I keep try to get YOU to do is find the link for his additional comments/quotes but you never do, then idiotically attack me for it. :cuckoo:

I am growing convinced you are unable to be honest in your replies since I myself tried to find the rest of his comments, even showed YOU the link to GOOGLE page indicating they may never be found.

I never said I had a link or any proof as I speculated that any rational scientist naturally would qualify a a bold statement like that. He did. The alarmist at the independent parsed his quote to make is more, well, alarmist. Not the scientist fault. Nor is it his fault that the denier side has been using the parsed quote now for 10 years running.

Cause it's a secret.

I never said I had a link or any proof as I speculated that any rational scientist naturally would qualify a a bold statement like that. He did. The alarmist at the independent parsed his quote to make is more, well, alarmist. Not the scientist fault. Nor is it his fault that the denier side has been using the parsed quote now for 10 years running.
Concerned about rising oceans?
BUY A MANSION ON THE BEACH!!!!

34A0FD43-79DC-43E7-9244-04DD988500C5.jpeg

Here in the PNW, a few miles from the Canadian border, woke up to about 2-3 inches of snow this morning. Some still drifting down. About normal and regular thing for this time of year and location.

Certainly not the Southern Californian weather that ACC/AGW was supposed to bring when the false predictions were made a few decades ago. BTW, this on top of that "Arctic Blast" of heavy winds and sub freezing temperatures of the past several days.

The Independent was the one who published the story, go find it for me you jackass!

I'll type more slowly.

You were claiming it was obviously a great conspiracy that the article from 2000 wasn't there.

I pointed out, using sarcasm, that newspaper websites archive their articles after some years, and that nobody expects an article from 2000 to still be there in its original spot. Thus, you look silly for invoking a conspiracy.

Well I have been waiting for Global Cooling and today it is cold as fuck here in South East, Texas, so maybe my wish is coming true...

Next wish is humanity self aborting!

Wait we have Covid!

A dying cult is one that makes over 50 insane climate predictions and have yet to have one come true.

The temperature predictions have been stellar, even the ones made 40 years ago. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. That 40+ year record of success is why climate scientists have such credibility. They earned it by being consistently right.

In contrast, your cult has gotten every single prediction wrong for the past 40 years. Your unblemished record of faliure is why you're correctly classified as pseudoscience cultists. if you want to stop being laughed at, you have to stop failing with your predictions. Just whining about how unfair the laughter is won't make it stop.

A good start there would be to stop screaming "ICE AGE TOMORROW", as Billy is doing now on the other thread, and which your cult has been doing nonstop for over 40 years. Given your endless failure there, you should have figured out the new ice age isn't arriving. But then, you're doomsday cultists, and your faith is pure. Each time your icy doomsday fails to arrive, you simply push the date of doomsday back a little more.
You are lying to everyone including yourself. "Climate Scientists" over the last 40 years have often been wrong. The whole basis of the climate change nonsense is a FAULTY Computer model that keeps proving itself WRONG.

Temperature goes through cycles and has well since forever--cold cycle coming.

A dying cult is one that makes over 50 insane climate predictions and have yet to have one come true.

He is the worst kind of idiot who tries hard to ignore Dr. Viner's quoted words.

Meanwhile he was talking about Britain area, not the entire world. That is why the newspaper deleted their article when the rest of the decade was very snowy.

I made them and Dr. Viner look bad.
Meanwhile he was talking about Britain area, not the entire world.
UK:
03FDED1B-1213-492B-9C4C-E07E55E66BEA.jpeg

No Dr. Viner has nothing to do with it.

It was Dr's Mann, Briffa and Jones who played that dishonest game.

The Original Hide-the-Decline

LINK

Hide the Decline...that's climate "science" for ya

Forum List

Back